PDA

View Full Version : A Bugger

Banshee
16-08-2005, 09:46 PM
Due to my ban (4 weeks 6 days 1 hr and 15 mins left) my 12 month service will be due with only 1200 miles on bike.. 600 miles after first service. so how much will this cost?

Paranoid Dave
16-08-2005, 10:00 PM
Thanks for posting that up Banshee, best laugh i've had for ages ;) :lol:

But i didn't think there was a 12 month service? long time ago mine so memory fades me, but its a months or miles thing so can it not be written as not needed and milage recorded?

Julie
17-08-2005, 05:35 AM
I had my 600 mile service done for free as part of my deal when i got the bike....then as you say to keep the warrenty you have to get one done 12 months after getting the bike (no matter what miles you have done on it) That should cost about £250ish........

CK & AK
17-08-2005, 09:03 AM
Bansh, the servicing goes as follows you muppet:

600 miles

6000 miles OR 12 months (whichever comes first, for new on the road)

12,000 miles or 2 years. This is the major service, belts etc.

Then annually/6000 miles - whichever is up first.

Dont let it go past the intervals, particularly if in warranty, as Ducati are very likely NOT to help out if you have a problem with a bike that is in warranty, that hasnt has regular servicing.

C :)

Pugi
17-08-2005, 09:52 AM
Bansh, the servicing goes as follows you muppet:

600 miles

6000 miles OR 12 months (whichever comes first, for new on the road)

12,000 miles or 2 years. This is the major service, belts etc.

Then annually/6000 miles - whichever is up first.

Dont let it go past the intervals, particularly if in warranty, as Ducati are very likely NOT to help out if you have a problem with a bike that is in warranty, that hasnt has regular servicing.

I reckon that means that 'older' bikes should hav a belt change every 12,000 miles or every 2 years?

SAMMYE
17-08-2005, 09:59 AM
Phew I'm glad you posted this mines due in September then :D

MilesB
17-08-2005, 10:10 AM
I would stick to getting it done annually as a minimum, whatever milage you have done... I kept delaying my 6K service 'as I hadn't done the miles' but the bike progressively deteriorated... I didn't notice, but as soon as someone else rode it, they picked up the fact that the service was overdue immediately.

Once I'd had it serviced, the change in the engine was amazing... :rolleyes:

Engine performance suffers, and this is because the oil used degrades with time as well as with use... now I get it serviced 'on time' and no subsequent problems.

Miles

CK & AK
17-08-2005, 10:36 AM
I reckon that means that 'older' bikes should hav a belt change every 12,000 miles or every 2 years?

totally correct in that.

We always change them on ANY ducati that comes in if it has NO recorded history, or if the bike has 'sat' for more than 4 months, just as a precaution, as the belts dont cost much to do - its what they cost if they let go! :eek:

We also do oil & filter changes on ours every 3000 miles (in between each service) too. Its not required to be done in the service book etc, but its something that AK likes to do, cos we both do 'high mileage' on the Ducati's.

Banshee
17-08-2005, 08:12 PM
I got a free belt change owed to me anyway, after thrashin my bike on the track day(my bolts came undone) so smiles all around.

Little Monster
17-08-2005, 09:42 PM
saw the title of the thread and thought you'd just posted a thread about yourself.... :p

BoozyBOB
17-08-2005, 11:22 PM
Bansh... me old fruit..
i am sure that your service(Ducati) bloke will stamp your service book for you as N/R as you have done so little miles..(due to BAN..)...he might do a plug and oil change for min price...

but as above keep note for a belt change..
yours
a wobbly Bob x :o

Banshee
18-08-2005, 09:07 PM
Well its worth a try, thanks for that.

Little monster, i know ya love me really.

4 weeks 4 days 3 hrs 52 mins...51.

slob
19-08-2005, 08:31 AM
...or if the bike has 'sat' for more than 4 months, just as a precaution,
Too right, I recently saw a set of belts that came off a 748 after standing for (possibly up to)18 months, they completely retained the shape of the pulleys they'd been moulded round.