PDA

View Full Version : Wheelie update

DevilBoy
15-08-2005, 12:11 PM
Hiya guys

I lost that other post i made full of the do's, donts, and 'Dont even try it's!

I decided to give power wheelies ago on the weekend.
in first, got up to about 20mph, dropped the revs, and opened the throttle straight away.
Jesus, i crapped myself.
The font end leaps up easy as pie!!!

I gotta get the hang of them in second now, probably a little less jumpy.

But, its official, i love wheelies!
And now i can do them down the high street, all the better!
Look out mums with prams i say!!

LOL
:twisted:
im so evil.

Julie
15-08-2005, 12:28 PM
Well done - Lets see some photos now...

DesmoDom
15-08-2005, 01:54 PM
And now i can do them down the high street, all the better!
Look out mums with prams i say!!

Well seeing you're now an expert and so enthusiastic about wheelies, don't be shy to come on here and tell everyone when you get pulled, flip over backwards or pile into the afore mentioned mums with prams in the high street.

(As if the police in South Wales needed anymore excuses to nick us) :mad:

Baz (the miserable old fart)

DevilBoy
15-08-2005, 02:43 PM
LOL

Oh come on, its only a bit of fun.
Wreckless fun, true, but fun none the less.

nik_the_brief
15-08-2005, 04:19 PM
Mum's with prams - you'll get done for infanticide on both counts in Cardiff... :D

Julie
15-08-2005, 05:14 PM
LOL

Oh come on, its only a bit of fun.
Wreckless fun, true, but fun none the less.

WELLLLLLLL To be honist I agree with Baz. Yes i have been known to wheelie the KTM but only off road or in a carpark. When i do see bikers Wheelie on the main roads I tend to think they are wankers.

SAMMYE
15-08-2005, 05:22 PM
WELLLLLLLL To be honist I agree with Baz. Yes i have been known to wheelie the KTM but only off road or in a carpark. When i do see bikers Wheelie on the main roads I tend to think they are wankers.

Doing a superman on a Motorbike is ok on the road then?? ;)

Didge
15-08-2005, 05:26 PM
If you're serious about wheelies in the high street, then I've got to say that it pisses me off big time, as that's the LAST place anyone should do them.
I've seen numerous 'wheely kings' at Box Hill doing wheelies on the by-pass amongst the traffic and attracting the fuzz to the area like flies 'round sh*t.
Too many dropped their bikes whilst doing so as well.
Bikers have been fighting anti-bike laws, and anti-bike attitudes not for years, but for DECADES, and it can all be lost through the minority having "a bit of fun" in the wrong places.
If you want to abuse your bike "having fun", that's fine, just don't do it in the
local high street, or anywhere else that's going to cause us all to suffer in the future.

slob
15-08-2005, 05:49 PM

Quiet country lane, nothing for miles. Hardly downtown Cardiff.

Julie
15-08-2005, 07:08 PM

It was a private driveway sammye

McMONSTRO
15-08-2005, 07:27 PM

Dont tell me....Chatsworth House

Pugi
15-08-2005, 07:50 PM
If you're serious about wheelies in the high street, then I've got to say that it pisses me off big time, as that's the LAST place anyone should do them.
I've seen numerous 'wheely kings' at Box Hill doing wheelies on the by-pass amongst the traffic and attracting the fuzz to the area like flies 'round sh*t.
Too many dropped their bikes whilst doing so as well.
Bikers have been fighting anti-bike laws, and anti-bike attitudes not for years, but for DECADES, and it can all be lost through the minority having "a bit of fun" in the wrong places.
If you want to abuse your bike "having fun", that's fine, just don't do it in the
local high street, or anywhere else that's going to cause us all to suffer in the future.

I have to say that I agree fully with this. I think it looks like great fun and wouldn't mind learning it myself. :D
I don't care if Devilboy nor anyone else does it, as long as it's not putting other people in danger. That said...don't do it at any of the few bike friendly places (Box Hill IS a bad choice of venue) and everyone's happy.
And if you really need to be an attention whore...do it at a bike meeting in some kind of 'designated area' for antics. :twisted:

SAMMYE
16-08-2005, 07:32 AM

do gooder! :)

Julie
16-08-2005, 07:40 AM
do gooder! :)

Just staying Safe and not getting bikers a bad name x

SAMMYE
16-08-2005, 09:10 AM
Just staying Safe and not getting bikers a bad name x

If I could wheelie or superman then I'm sure I would do the same

DevilBoy
16-08-2005, 11:50 AM
oops. Made an enemy of myself!

Truthfully, highstreet wheelying is very silly indeed. For obvious reasons.
I wasnt reeaaaallly gonna do em there guys. Come on!

However, i got a taste for em now, so ive found a few quite strips by an industrial estate near me, where ill be practising them a bit.

No doubt ill drop the bike, or smash myself in again... And ill let you know when I do!

Good news is though, im getting a motoX soon, so wheelies will be all off road then, so no nead to worry your heads about it!

Didge
16-08-2005, 12:59 PM
DevilBoy, that's great if you're gonna do them in the right places. Although popping a wheelie has never interested me personally, I can appreciate watching them (and stoppies) being done by others who do want to do them.
I only get a bee in my bonnet when they are done in the wrong places, as at the very least, it attracts the old bill, and none of us want that.
So good luck on your wheelies, but I think you should save them for your moto X. Better to drop that than the Monster. It's too beautiful a bike.