PDA

View Full Version : Cheap End Cans (preferably Carbon)

claicerrig
14-08-2005, 09:28 PM
Hi can any one help at all.............?

I have just Jmo`d the S4 :eek: And fitted the 1 piece DP Carbon Fiber Seat unit

Now looking at the Bike i`m thinking the cans stick out a tad too far from the rear end.

It got me thinking of how to reduce the length so it looks less like a Scud rocket launcher meets Wheelbarrow :o

Rather than cut up a perfectly good set of Tergimonies i was wandering if there are any accident damaged cans lying around i could perhaps utilise in my quest for symetery :lol:

Other wise interesting and helpfull suggestions would be appreciated

Paranoid Dave
14-08-2005, 09:36 PM
i know lenny (and linda) wanted to do the same thing with his M1000 as the cans stick out too far. I am no expert in cutting the back of a bike off and modding something in its place :rolleyes: but rather than mod the can, could there not be a 3 inch section of downpipe (or crosspipe as it should be) after the bend at high level so they sit further back? Maybe take a bit out and welt the two bits together so the connection is still there. I know your carbon bits wouldn't fit but personally i'd drop them anyway as a can is a thing of beauty - at both ends.

Just a thought.

Pedro
14-08-2005, 09:48 PM
Other wise interesting and helpfull suggestions would be appreciated

Yeah, stick the tail back on...!

Bloody heathens cutting up Ducatis' finest... mutter, mutter....

:lol:

Nice seat unit btw, is it comfy? Few sets of cans on fleabay at the moment.

Ped

Mr C
14-08-2005, 10:50 PM
Or just get some low level cans

Rogerg
14-08-2005, 11:04 PM
I opted for a pair of sils on mine as they're shorter than the terry wogans.

JMo
15-08-2005, 01:13 AM
Clai - I think I might have what you are looking for...

I've got a pair of damaged (the carbon is cracked) CCC cans that I had on my bike before the hedge incident - you are welcome to have them if you want to play at cutting them about, then once you've got the length sorted, you can buy new carbon sleeves (Zorstec or even CCC and ? do them) - then make up new outers and rivet the whole caboodle back together...

Even better news, I'm coming up to north Wales this week, so can bring them with me and we can go for a beer?

The only thing you'll find is that your Termis have a fixed connector pipe don't they? (or is that only the Sils) - so will a slip-on can fit without making up new link pipes too?

Anyway, if you want them let me know...

JennyMo

xxx

PS. this is typically the sort of post that really should be a PM, as it is of no earthly use to anyone else other than the recipient really...

Mind you, there is a dash of useful information in there about carbon sleeves I guess...

Night night x

br1an
15-08-2005, 10:46 PM
Hey Clai your not going over to the dark side are You?

Bry... :rolleyes:

NattyBoy
15-08-2005, 11:39 PM
Inspirational Avatar Bri... :D

br1an
16-08-2005, 12:51 PM
Well we can all dream can't we. ;)

Natty feel free to steal it as I did from some one on the UKGSER forum. :lol:

Bry... :)

Scotty
16-08-2005, 01:45 PM
hummm this is something i should perhaps look into , though i might just cut up curent silencer cos it has a little bit of chain dammage anyway

claicerrig
16-08-2005, 09:27 PM
Ped The seat is lot more harder than Standard :eek: I Think a Gel pad for longer Journeys especially with my rear end problems :lol:

It also pushes your legs out wider making me feel a little shorter in the inside leg ;) but all in all a nice looking unit ,good fit and very supportive under accelaration

Bri Dark is a much quicker colour you know .It always moves out of the way of light :p

Mr c i have clearence problems now with High Pipes low levels might compound it :)

Scotty we must compare notes and photos of our can Chop or put a sticky link in the how to mods

claicerrig
18-08-2005, 11:35 AM
Many thanks to Jmo i now have a pair of Carbon cans to play around with :D :D