PDA

View Full Version : S4R for sale or swap

bsharp
14-08-2005, 11:05 AM
Due to an "impulse buy of the 4 wheeled kind" I need to raise a few quid so the BSA goldstar is going and , unfortunately, the monnie needs to go too

I'd prefer a deal against an S4 with some cash ( i got the monster bug real bad) but will sell too

Its an 04 S4R in blue
2400 miles , recent tyres and immaculate

NOW the good bits -
sil system with "cat out" pipes and never fitted decibel killers
K&N, open airbox, Power Commander Plus spare sil ecu
Lotsa dyno time (BSD)
Arrows steering damper
colour matched Bellypan
Preload adjusters
Carbon semi open clutch cover
bar end mirrors

PLUS ALL STANDARD PARTS

By time its overdue a service but after purchase ( 1600 miles) it had a "once over" by the only local guy who I trust with ducati's ( 10yr plus duc main dealer trained) with an oil\filter change and belt check

I'd like about £6250 for the bike but as previously stated would prefer and S4 and some cash or whatever

Piccies on request , viewing welcomed and I'd prefer to sell to a monster enthusiast rather than my usual mercenary " back to stock and sell the bits on ebay" approach which always produces more cash but in this case would ,IMHO , be an act of heresy to break up such a stunning ( just the noise ) package
I'd guess it would cost 10k plus to do the same spec from new and I'd pull closer to 7k by splitting it all up ( and if it doesnt go within 10-14 days I will) so £6250 ovno is pretty cheap\fair - please bear this in mind if ya wanna a p\x

Migsangel
14-08-2005, 12:25 PM
Could you post some info on the Goldstar, please (with pics)?

bsharp
14-08-2005, 02:27 PM
Pics are on my laptop which , in a rush to get to the bulldog bash, I left at work

Basically its a VERY VERY clean fully restored clubmans spec ( clip ons , RRT2 box full width hub) DBD34 goldie

Proper frame ( ie got the kink right numbers and extra lugs) but fitted with GS numbered bottom end ( scrambler) but does have the right top end ( main difference is inlet port diameter)
Belt drive primary conversion ( fitted new 8 months ago)

Borrani rims
period hagon ( shrouded ) shocks
new tyres
just run out of tax and MOT
MOstly ;) ;) oil tight BUT its stood for 6 months so its "sumped" at the moment
Only flaws - small patch of paint on top of tank (chrome sides A1 so £30 of paint)
Slight oil weep round pushrod tunnels

Something in this nick would fetch over 10K with matching numbers (seen one in the same condition sell for 12.5k) but I'm realistically pricing it at £8500 ovno