PDA

View Full Version : Sunday 14th August - Ace Cafe

JMo
14-08-2005, 09:08 AM
It's streetfighters at the Ace today...

The sun is out, my bike is polished, I'll be on my way at 11am...

Hope to see a few more faces there too - Pete&Chappers, Benson, Davie and?

No catsuit though...

xxx

Chappers
14-08-2005, 03:20 PM
Sorry to have missed you but just got back from the Bulldog Bash...flipping brilliant it was and wish I'd gone up on Friday night too!!! :bunny: :D

Hope you had a good time at the Ace :)

Mand
14-08-2005, 07:57 PM
Hello to Jen, PD, Nonnie, Little Monster, Benson, Richard_S and Mr. Y. I think there was another chap but I'm sorry I didn't catch your name.

Spotted a few Monsters, one custom painted S4 with standard cans on, I couldn't get my head around that one and a Yellow P reg one that would give Lost Again's a run for its money.

I can honestly say I am glad I don't live in London, what a **** hole and the drivers of BMW are all wankers - I feared for my life for the brief time I was on the North Circular.

Bikers of London, you have my utmost sympathy.

Mind you, I was impressed with the display of rubber being burnt in the Ace car park (yes I am THAT sad) and Al took plenty of pictures which I would post but I will need to reduce them quite a bit and I am totally incapable of that at the moment because I have been drinking. :p

An interesting day. :)

Mand
14-08-2005, 08:34 PM
A few piccies.

Mand
14-08-2005, 08:36 PM
A few more.....

Mand
14-08-2005, 08:37 PM
and a few more....

Mand
14-08-2005, 08:42 PM
Finally, it isn't big and it isn't clever..... :twisted:

benson
14-08-2005, 08:49 PM
Oh yes it was big and it was clever!!!

Meanwhile the lovely North Circular is the road to end all others- a treat to commute round and alwyas full of the most courteous types..... Not... :burnout:

Paranoid Dave
14-08-2005, 09:28 PM
good fun day out, lunacy as ever in the car park. Love that magic roundabout trick :lol: hate the north circular, hate the a12 too but other than that nice roads today :confused: My head is absolutely pounding from the wind as i forgot to wear my ear plugs.

MY HEAD HURTS :(

JMo
14-08-2005, 11:21 PM
Yea! - great to see everyone today - even if I did get soaked again, and had to ride home in the rain again, and had to clean the bike for hours again...

Davie was the other chap Mand - he's made a welcome comeback this year (one of the original Sussexites) and we also bumped into Bluefoot too (in a tent, with a BBQ - bless him) - great to catch up...

Mental day today - hundreds/thousands of bikes and people - more crowded than ever... higher police presence too, but they were particularly lenient I thought - plenty going on on the street, and there was only a couple of interventions that I saw...

Had to wait over an hour to order and receive food, and it was almost worth it x

And in the true spirit of the Ace, Davie and I joined the ton-up club on the way home...

And to think I could have gone motocrossing...

xxx

PS. Terry/Admin - can you move this thread to National Events for archive, rather than simply delete it? - thanks x

JMo
14-08-2005, 11:34 PM
PS. some really great pix there Al - how did you get up on the roof then?!

xxx

JMo
14-08-2005, 11:58 PM
Overheard?...

xxx

Mand
15-08-2005, 05:58 AM
PS. some really great pix there Al - how did you get up on the roof then?!

xxx

Jen, the only reason Al went on the roof was so he could roll a fag in peace. :rolleyes:

Not sure how he got up though, I think he showed the nice lady his huge lens.

Nonnie
15-08-2005, 09:08 AM
A quick break down of the day.....
Changeable weather, got lost, ended up going towards Watford, smelled the burning rubber and found my way back, Cafe full of hooligans and nutters, danced to a thrash metal version of "Walk Like An Egyptian", got bits of tarmac in my coffee and felt like a pebbledashed target. Fantastic. As usual, I took some ****e photographs, disappointingly not so orange as I took the decent camera but ****e nonetheless!

God help the London bikers. They need it. The place scares the **** out of me.

Chappers
15-08-2005, 10:48 AM
A new monster friend of mine with a black 1000 spotted Mand but she was talking so he didn't want to be rude and interrupt - awww bless him :)

Mand
15-08-2005, 12:54 PM
A new monster friend of mine with a black 1000 spotted Mand but she was talking so he didn't want to be rude and interrupt - awww bless him :)

He should have said hello! :)

Little Monster
15-08-2005, 06:45 PM
I must have been sat down for the picture cos I'm only a couple of inches shorter than Richard_S.

Fab to see everyone. Nice suprise. Managed to miss much of the stuff going on in Alex's pics but did enjoy watching Nonnie fishing burnt rubber out of her coffee. :p

Thanks for the pillion trip Richard. I cheated and drove down south in my car but then again, I was the only Manchester contingency there. Where was Mank Skank, that's what I want to know? tsk tsk

Paranoid Dave
15-08-2005, 08:06 PM
hey nonnie, not only did you get some pics of those of us who went, but managed to geta pic of Blufoot hiding in his tent too. Well done.

I was looking through clenched fingers for my tragic helmet hair in your first pic, less worried about the hair now i've seen my expression. But now i couldn't care as i'm too busy laughing at Jen's old lady perm, and that grin does seem a bit hinge and bracket. :lol: No offence Jen x :lol:

Nonnie
15-08-2005, 08:40 PM
My God Dave, you're positively evil.

It was Rachel's goon face that cracked me up the most.

On the subject of my fantabulous photographic skills, I also got a shot of a really tall bloke behind the MPV. Check it out!

Paranoid Dave
15-08-2005, 09:03 PM
my god he's huge :eek:

JMo
15-08-2005, 09:46 PM
But now i couldn't care as i'm too busy laughing at Jen's old lady perm, and that grin does seem a bit hinge and bracket. :lol: No offence Jen x :lol:

Aha ha - I've just pee'd my pants - must be cos I'm an incontinent old lady...

No, I agree - that was a bad hair day (although I like to think more Rossi than old lady x) - must have been all that sodding rain that did it! The Hinge and Bracket toothie grin I have no excuse for... I blame my parents, and the fact I didn't know there was a camera around x

xxx