PDA

View Full Version : Popham Mega Meet

Pedro
14-08-2005, 07:31 AM
Ok then Team,

Sunday the 21st of August is the DSC Mega Meet at Popham. As there appears to be no ride in organised, Jen has suggested meeting at Alton Train Station at 10.30am and then head over to Popham.

Anyone wanna join? Stick yer names here.

Ped

JMo
14-08-2005, 09:05 AM
Ped
The pig and I...

xxx

MotoNik
15-08-2005, 04:25 PM
Maybe me and Emily - if it's a nice day.

cheers,

Nik

JMo
15-08-2005, 10:48 PM
Sussexites meeting point prior to Alton - Bury Hill 9am, leaving 9.15am for Alton...

xxx

BoozyBOB
15-08-2005, 11:07 PM
cheers Pedro... ;)
sorry i cant be there folks.. :( .have a good day..... :bunny: :burnout:

Melnie Mouse
16-08-2005, 08:06 AM
Sorry Ped, I'll be at silverstone that day :bunny:

MotoNik
16-08-2005, 12:04 PM
Jen, is it going to be a quick one from Bury Hill? Em wants to come, but she's a bit worried about being too slow/getting in everyone's way, having only recently passed, and still getting used to the bike.

Nik

Melnie Mouse
16-08-2005, 01:38 PM
Jen, is it going to be a quick one from Bury Hill? Em wants to come, but she's a bit worried about being too slow/getting in everyone's way, having only recently passed, and still getting used to the bike.

Nik

As you're in Chichester (ish) though, be easier for you to get to Alton won't it? then you've only half the journey to go, and it will be less 'brisk' by then as the more you have with you, the slower everyone will go....

I'm sure she'll fine, and looking forward to seeing you both for Alton wednesday :)

lord vader
17-08-2005, 11:02 AM
I might be there as my BSB silverstone plans are falling around my feet. if so i'll be at the station as planned.

MotoNik
17-08-2005, 12:21 PM
As you're in Chichester (ish) though, be easier for you to get to Alton won't it? then you've only half the journey to go, and it will be less 'brisk' by then as the more you have with you, the slower everyone will go....

I'm sure she'll fine, and looking forward to seeing you both for Alton wednesday :)

Yeah, just thought it would be nicer to have a longer ride from Bury. We'll see - I'll let her decide.

See you later!

cheers,

Nik

JMo
19-08-2005, 08:46 AM
Yeah, just thought it would be nicer to have a longer ride from Bury. We'll see - I'll let her decide.

Don't worry Nik - we'd only go as fast as the slowest rider anyway - Collie was always worried she'd 'hold everyone up' but that is really not the case - the point is to enjoy riding together, and we'd never leave anyone behind...

Hope to see you at Bury Hill - want to leave at 9.15, to get to Alton Station for 10.30 (should be plenty of time) - but hey, if it takes us a little bit longer, then I'm sure Ped & Co will wait...

xxx

lord vader
19-08-2005, 09:17 AM
Can't go now and not even cause i've got tickets to BSB. I'm now driving to huddersfield!!! to pick up my new toy a VW Golf Rally car, at least it will be when i'm through with it.
Real shame cause it was Popham last year where i decided my Beemer had to go and i had to get me some desmo action. So if you were there last year many thanks to you for showing me the light or dark so to speak!!!!!

CK & AK
19-08-2005, 09:33 AM
A bit late, I know - but if anyone wants to join in with the following for a moderate to brisk run, they are more than welcome :cool:

Kent DSC are leaving the Oakdene Cafe car park at 8.30

to ride across to join Surrey DSC at

Newlands Corner, leaving there at 9.30

to join Hants DSC at:

Alton Station, leaving there at approx 10am

to ride to Popham

C :burnout:

Emily
19-08-2005, 11:04 AM
Don't worry Nik - we'd only go as fast as the slowest rider anyway - Collie was always worried she'd 'hold everyone up' but that is really not the case - the point is to enjoy riding together, and we'd never leave anyone behind...

Hope to see you at Bury Hill - want to leave at 9.15, to get to Alton Station for 10.30 (should be plenty of time) - but hey, if it takes us a little bit longer, then I'm sure Ped & Co will wait...

xxx

Thanks Jen, hopefully I won't hold us up too much!

Please could you PM me your mobile number so that we can let you know if we're coming or not. We may be getting some Silverstone tickets you see.....

If we don't manage to get the tickets hope to see you Sunday at Bury.

Emily

Pugi
20-08-2005, 01:18 PM
Oh yes...and me!
See you at Alton.

tommo
20-08-2005, 09:11 PM
any one from surrey/ guildford want to meet before alton?

CK & AK
21-08-2005, 05:55 PM
was great to see some old (and new) faces today - particularly Ped & Crusty ;)

Just over 100 ducati's in total on a very HOT sunny Popham airfield - so nothing like the weather originally forecast :rolleyes:

blinking good turnout :burnout:

C :burnout:

Pedro
21-08-2005, 08:04 PM
T'was a good day and very warm - my nose is a little sunburnt now!!

Good to see everyone, even Charlotte (;)), thanks for the bolts Crust, they look dead good. Nice ride over form Alton with JMo, Chalky, Emiley, Nik Codling, Pugi & his mate (sorry didn't catch yer name), Vince and a midlands refugee, Joolie. Hope you all got home safe and sound.

Now I gotta go fix my bike

Ped

Emily
22-08-2005, 10:25 AM
T'was definitely a good day out and was very nice to meet everyone as well. What fantastic weather too! Big thanks to Jen, Julie, Ped, Tommo, Pugi and Julie's cousin Ian (?) for looking after me, both on the way to Popham, and also on the way back, via the pub for a lovely meal by the river. Yum!

Special thanks to Jen for resisting the urge to blat off on the way home, even if Nik did *ahem* :o
I really appreciated you riding at my pace and it was great to follow your lines into the bends, you gave my confidence a huge boost :D
Only thing I didn't like was the dark bits through the trees along Harting Down as I had a black visor on :rolleyes:

Looking forward to meeting you all again soon.

Thanks guys! :)

Emily

Julie
22-08-2005, 11:09 AM
Yes that was my cousin Ian - He's got that BMW but he wants to sell it and is thinking of getting a monster. He loves the club and how welcoming it is.

MotoNik
22-08-2005, 12:04 PM
As per the others, great to meet you all, it was a nice day. Really good riding, and a huge thank you to Jen for leading the way, and getting us all in for free, nice one Jen!

Nik (900ss riding intruder!)

JMo
22-08-2005, 12:50 PM
and a huge thank you to Jen for leading the way, and getting us all in for free, nice one Jen!

"More front than Brighton" is what they say - and I thought they were just being rude about me!

xxx

tommo
22-08-2005, 02:20 PM
I would also like to give a big thanks to everyone as it was my 1st group ride and i loved the whole day. hope to c u all again soon.

MotoNik
22-08-2005, 03:53 PM
"More front than Brighton" is what they say - and I thought they were just being rude about me!

xxx

Don't worry Jen, I think it was a compliment! :D

Thanks for looking after Em, she really appreciated it. I hope you didn't mind me bombing off on the A272, the voices made me do it.... :twisted:

Pedro
22-08-2005, 04:04 PM
I hope you didn't mind me bombing off on the A272, the voices made me do it.... :twisted:

Hooligan!!!!!!

Emily
22-08-2005, 04:06 PM
At least I wasn't on the back this time!!! :rolleyes:

Pugi
22-08-2005, 04:18 PM
Yep, I had a great day too! Thank you once again.
Let's see what happens with Ian...I did me best in trying to tell him to get a monster instead. He seemed to contemplate it and had really enjoyed Julie's when trying it. I'm sure he'll convert one of these days since you just can't trust those unreliable B*W's (broken suspension). :lol: