PDA

View Full Version : My day playing on MV's !!

NattyBoy
13-08-2005, 08:25 PM
3X's open day today...

Took a Brutale 910 and an F4 1000 out over a 25 mile twisty road..very nice.

F4 1000..jeezus..what a missile !!! Quickest thing ive ridden - and ive ridden plenty. The front wheel came up changing from 3rd to 4th over a crest....amazing piece of kit and a licence loser for sure.

That said, the 910 brutale was much better as a road bike..bags more torque and you can do 25 miles without suffering from neck injuries...!!! (mind you at 6'1" im a bit too tall for both).

But the memory of giving that F4 some berries will stay with me for quite some time I have to say.

But I still wouldnt sell either of my dukes !! The brutale is a cracking tool, but teh S4R has it beat IMO..more planted (no doubt due to its longer wheelbase) and a more usable motor.

Oh..had a demo booked on a Benelli TNT too afterwards..but it wouldnt start.... :eek:

Good (cheap) days entertainment anyway..thanks 3X Motorcycles..!

Thanks for taking the pic Pedro.. ;)

http://ducatisportingclub.com/xmb/viewthread.php?action=attachment&tid=23068&pid=219997

Nat

Red
13-08-2005, 09:14 PM
Have been trying to get a test ride on Mv's for hubby would willingly travel the length and breadth of GB to get one could you let us know if they have another open day Cheers :)

Pugi
13-08-2005, 10:51 PM
I too had a go on the F4 (and a 999 in pouring rain). I know exactly what you mean Natty, absolutely insane. Wouldn't mind one, but I would need more experience to trust myself on it. Not sure where to ride it in this country either...even though I can't loose my license here. :D
A very nice day indeed.

BoozyBOB
14-08-2005, 12:06 AM
Natty the poser again....bit miffed i could not make it..but had a more important day...glad you all had a good time.. ;)

Rogerg
14-08-2005, 01:51 AM
cheers for that nat - see you still can't work a digital camera!!

Pedro
14-08-2005, 07:27 AM
cheers for that nat - see you still can't work a digital camera!!

Oi! I took the picture!! Actually took it using my phone ( a very spangly new K750i ) and not sure I had it set up right!!

Ped

NattyBoy
14-08-2005, 09:52 AM
Have been trying to get a test ride on Mv's for hubby would willingly travel the length and breadth of GB to get one could you let us know if they have another open day Cheers :)

3x have a fleet of demo MV's (as they are the importer) and will let you have a test ride anytime..

Cheers
Nat

Red
14-08-2005, 07:32 PM
Thanks for that will have to arrange weekend jaunt that way Thanks :)