PDA

View Full Version : strange one

peteS4
13-08-2005, 06:41 PM
bike started to run badly the other day, always stalling at lights, rough tick over, had to blip the throttle to keep it running, also due to poor idle it got very hot through london. took the air box off as i felt it was a fuel problem rather than anything else, started to mess about and found out that if i covered the idle breather hole in the throttle body on rear it made very little difference but if i covered the little hole in the front one with my finger it would kill the engine....... this tells me one of them isn't sucking right and low revs and when you open the throttle it breathes through the main body instead of the little butterfly bypass hole and so is no longer a problem....... has anyone else had this prob and whats the best way to sort it....... other than remove my injectors and clean it all bit by bit......... if covering the front hole kills the engine does that mean the back isnt breathing right cos covering the hole makes little difference or is it the other way round

peteS4
15-08-2005, 02:12 AM
good god, this is un-heard of isn't it........... a problem posted and out of 46 views not 1 bit of advice...........

The Kevlar Kid
15-08-2005, 07:02 AM
When you say 'rough tickover', is this just lumpy as ****, or is it hunting up and down the revs?

peteS4
15-08-2005, 08:14 AM
a little of both, its cos its not sucking right on one. cant work out if my findings mean the front is at fault or the back. if i take turns covering the air bleed hole used at tick over to by-pass the butterflies, covering the front causes it to die, covering the rear just makes it feel a little more lumpy but still runs

slob
15-08-2005, 08:28 AM
Sounds like something's blocked in the rear one Pete.

peteS4
15-08-2005, 09:13 PM
thats what i thought.......so its running on the front and only just on the rear, blocking the rear air hole doesnt do to much as its already running only just, but covering the front air hole is like trying to make the engine run on only half a cylinder for eg. makes sense. alreay have the airbox and bits off. tomorrow i'll pull out the rear injector and also look at the throttle body area. whilst its all off i got to thinking about te 2 air pod set up........ may have to pop into halfords and see what types and size pods they can get.........