PDA

View Full Version : Lost my back seat cover :( and my job in 2 hours

djkus
13-08-2005, 02:59 AM
Today was a terrible day.
Started off with a row with wife, so that alone led to greater speeds on the bike on the way to work to get rid of the anger.. lol
anyway... was 20 miles into my journey to work this morning (its 25), was going "quite fast", and i felt something hit my back, i looked in the mirror to see something flying through the air and landing on the road far far behind me..
i was shocked but after a few seconds i decided it must jhave been my gym stuff in my backpack all over the road.. put it down the the zip not being up right...

pulled over when i could, had a look at my backpack, all zips up.. nothing missing..
looked at number plate, yip, it still there on bike.. happy days, must have been something from a lorry or something..

got to work, took a look at bike... FECK! where is the fibre glass cover for the back seat! i was sure i put it back on after wife was on the bike the other day...
rang wife, yip, i did..
FECK! it was only the seat cover flying down the road behind me wasnt it! :(
Ok.. i was going a bit quick, and i KNOW i should have had the screws in tighter.. but well, i didnt have em in as tight as i know i should of now..

that was the first bad start to the day...
got into work, was told my boss that a big meeting was planned in an hour and to be there..
to cut a long story short only found out my job will be fooked in a matter of weeks/months due to a buy over of our company by a bigger rival.

good day eh?
any idea where i can get a replacement back seat cover for cheap? i think it was a fibre glass one i had, its black i need :(

Obviously not got much cash to spend on it at the moment.. what with.. no job and all soon, but anyone got one for sale?

NattyBoy
13-08-2005, 07:16 AM
Oh bugger..hard lines mate..chin up though im sure things will get sorted. The seat cover is plastic, and tey are pretty horrific brand new. Keep your eyes peeled as they do come up on fleabay (although you may have to get it painted)..also make sure you post smething in the 'I want' section as weve got quite a few hoarders on here !!

Best of luck

Nat

djkus
13-08-2005, 07:19 AM
yeah, ill keep my eye out, its not overly important i guess, but u know how it is..
got to get one some time :)