View Full Version : Makes you think?

CK & AK
12-08-2005, 09:42 AM
:rolleyes:

http://www.washingtonriders.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1739&page=1&pp=10

SAMMYE
12-08-2005, 09:56 AM
Sheesh!!!!! (not the kebab type) :eek:

maybe if I did a judo breakfall I would be ok!?

mad_turnips
12-08-2005, 09:57 AM
im so glad i looked at that link straight after eating

maby i should show those pics to the kids i train doing CBT ( although i thonk thats called negitive teaching)

nik_the_brief
12-08-2005, 09:57 AM
Sheesh!!!!! (not the kebab type) :eek:

maybe if I did a judo breakfall I would be ok!?

Then again - maybe not!

Chappers
12-08-2005, 10:08 AM
Showed these pics to my friend at work who really hates it that I'm a biker now and worries about me constantly, moans at me for spending silly amounts on bike clothing etc.

Only showed her it to prove why it's necessary to spend that sort of money and if I didn't I could end up looking like some of those injuries or dead...she puked in my bin! :eek:

Think it's my turn to buy the pubgrub today :o

CK & AK
12-08-2005, 10:57 AM
enjoy your lunch Chappers :)

jill
12-08-2005, 11:38 AM
I was just about to have lunch. Finding it quite hard to keep even my coffee down right now (the de-gloving and the ankle, mmm, nice!).

Great - it's helping the diet tho', which'll help me fit back in my leathers, which means I'm less likely to experience this myself...everyone's a winner!

crust
12-08-2005, 03:08 PM
If I posted up a picture of a dead rider in leathers would you stop riding?

The majority of motorcycle accidents are the riders fault and the majority of those involve the rider crashing on left hand bends.

Perhaps if people spent as much money on training as they do so-called safety gear then they wouldn't be involved in these accidents.

:rolleyes: Crust

SazzaG
12-08-2005, 03:12 PM
A very valid point, Crust.

Yes, my gear stopped me losing any skin from my off, but it was my lack of experience that made me fall off in the first place...

And I don't believe any of those stories involved other vehicles, therefore must have been the rider's fault.

Makes you think even more!

Saz

jill
12-08-2005, 03:26 PM
If I posted up a picture of a dead rider in leathers would you stop riding?

No; but if you posted up a picture of a dead rider and explained the accident was his fault due to his lack of advanced training, then I might consider further training a good idea.

Most of the 'riders falling off and damaging/killing themselves' stories I know involve cars or lack of 'safety gear'. I think ongoing training is a must.

stef
12-08-2005, 03:38 PM
a rider who has left his skin to the road, for lack of protection is a looser. he played the game, and lost. cant feel sorry for him. i am sure he is not asking for pity either.
fair play to the ones without the leather who are not falling off..their choice.
my personal choice is not to take the risk.
these threads do drag on, dont they ?

Didge
12-08-2005, 04:05 PM
Protective gear can only do so much. Except for the crash helmet, it can do little when it comes to impact damage, as I can say from personal experience.
Here's a picture of my wrist. It was dislocated, and very badly fractured last June, and now has a plate and pins.
The cast was removed yesterday, and my wrist has a unnatural shape, as can be seen in the photo.
When I asked about it, the consultant told me that they try to set it as best they can, but the results are not always perfect.

Nonnie
12-08-2005, 04:39 PM
Hey Didge! Looking mighty fine to me. We match now, you know. We're twins!

Pedro
12-08-2005, 05:08 PM
At the impressionable age of 16 I visited a mate in the local hospital (pranged GP100 and broke his leg) but across the ward was a guy who'd binned a GPZ11 on freshly resurfaced (graval) road in shorts, t shirt and flip flops at 60mph. The sight of 45% abrasions (right done to the bone in places....) was enough to convince me to wear my leathers whatever......