PDA

View Full Version : Essex Ride out Sunday 4th Sept

STU65
11-08-2005, 05:16 PM
Open invitation to all Monster UK members. An Essex ride out on the 4th Sept, (which is the Sunday after the bank holiday.) I post this now in the hope that this gives you all a little more notice, which will help to swell numbers.

The plan is the following:-
- Kick off from the Brooke side cafe directions are shown at the following site. Meet up at 9:30 for a 10:30 head off. (If you cut and paste the following line in to a web serach engine a map will appear showing the location ([http://search.yell.com/search/ShowMap?nat_id=1291153&location=RAYLEIGH&clarifyIndex=&clarifyOptions=&searchType=classic&replayURL=%2Fucs%2FUcsSearchAction.do%3FsearchType %3Dclassic%26companyName%3Dswallows%26location%3DR ayleigh%26scrambleSeed%3D29779%26ooascrambleSeed%3 D%26slscrambleSeed%3D)
- Go through Maldon round the lanes and stop for a cupa at Flatford mill cultural stuff.
- Go through Sudbury through to Haverhill and down to Finching field for lunch
- Slob then takes the lead through to Epping Forest for a Drink over at his local meeting point.

Its about a 200 mile route from the kick point to the pub in Epping.

If people could tell me if their interested that would be very helpful. Just incase any of the plans change.

Miles could you post on the Kent side of the site. Many thanks.

Paranoid Dave
11-08-2005, 05:51 PM
sounds like fun, maybe meet you at maldon otherwise flatford for tea. Not been to finchingfield for ages so be nice to get back there. :D

bignj
12-08-2005, 08:58 AM
Stu

Just to let you know, the day you have chosen is the day of the biggest ride out in the area. (I was going to post a thead in a couple of days about it)

Sept 4th is the day of the Essex Air Ambulance Motorcycle Run, starts at Fords in Dunton and runs up to Harwich where they have a festival. I have done it the last 2 years and is a great day.

slob
12-08-2005, 09:24 AM
Stu

Just to let you know, the day you have chosen is the day of the biggest ride out in the area. (I was going to post a thead in a couple of days about it)

Sept 4th is the day of the Essex Air Ambulance Motorcycle Run, starts at Fords in Dunton and runs up to Harwich where they have a festival. I have done it the last 2 years and is a great day.

While this may not seem very public spirited, given the choice between a brisk rideout on uncrowded country lanes with a small group of friends or crawling along with two thousand strangers burning my clutch out, I know what I'll choose.

Moley
15-08-2005, 09:26 PM
Very interested in the small group run on the 4th Stu.

benson
16-08-2005, 05:15 PM
Me too me too!!! :lol:

The bike is with Rosso Corse at the moment as it's been cutting out at speed - arghhhh!!!!!! :eek: :eek: Engine just dies, ignition lights all aglow but no engine until you turn the ignition off and back on again - the engine just re-fires at that point so I reckon there's a gremlin somewhere in the ignition/kill switch thing.....Scaryness and not much fun so thought I'd give it to someone who knows what the wires do and where they go!!! :confused:

HOPEFULLY it will be back soon - Ray said he'd take it home tonight to see what he makes of the problem - they seem blooming brilliant at Ross Corse I have to say - from a call this morning they squeezed me in at the last moment!!!!!

Oh and by the way.....If anyone has a spare hour I recommend trying out that new Buell XB12Ss - had a ride on it this morning and it goes really rather fast :burnout: Oh my vicar!!!!

Happy riding folks,
Benson :bunny:

STU65
31-08-2005, 08:55 PM
I just wanted to put out a note to check who will be able to make the Essex / Suffolk boarder run on Sunday 4th.

So far
Dave may join en route Maldon
Motley
Benson
Slob
Me
Miles may come over from Kent.
Plus 1 non monster rider

Is there anyone else up for it ?
Let me know and we can ensure we tie up at the cafe. Cheers.

I believe the weather will be good.

slob
01-09-2005, 03:53 AM
I'll be there, I don't think Miles will. He's taking care of Kent while Bob's laid up.
Excellent news on that front, see this months Oakdene thread.
We should try to avoid 1st Sun. in future, I would suggest 3rd Sun. then we can hook up with the DOC guys at Gilston.

benson
01-09-2005, 05:23 PM
Hello all - what sort of time are we looking at on Sunday?

It's my partner's birthday party celebration on the Saturday night so I perhaps won't be looking for that early early start!! :rolleyes:

Paranoid Dave
01-09-2005, 05:33 PM
wish J a happy birthday from me won't you :D and no nasty hangover wimpness like last weekend ok ;)

benson
01-09-2005, 05:36 PM
:D We didn't have hangovers did we????
And yes I will wish J a happy bidet - :rolleyes:
Are you playing out at the weekend?

slob
01-09-2005, 05:46 PM
Just hope I get back on the road by Saturday.
Ain't it terrible when people have birthdays at such short notice.
Have a good 'un J.

benson
01-09-2005, 05:50 PM
I know - actually it is today but what with work and having to go there we decided to celebrate at the weekend instead...

Meanwhile let me know what time and where and I'll do my best to get there at some point - especially if there's chips, tea and cake :D

slob
01-09-2005, 05:56 PM
ooh, snap... Thuli's today.

benson
01-09-2005, 05:58 PM
Well wish her a very happy day and tell if she's a very lucky person we could always take her on another weekender!!!!!!! :eek:

Moley
01-09-2005, 06:27 PM
Sorry Stu, I cannot make this one as my bike is off the road at the moment. Parts have been ordered but are unlikely to be fitted by the 4th.
Hope you all have a good day

Paranoid Dave
01-09-2005, 06:56 PM
Ooh a happy birthday to T as well then.

yes benson, if the rain stays away, if i am still awake after another week of night shifts then i'll hopefully meet up in dedham and trip over to finchingfield for teas on the lawn. :D rude not to really.

gary tompkins
01-09-2005, 08:25 PM
I'll be there, I don't think Miles will. He's taking care of Kent while Bob's laid up.
Excellent news on that front, see this months Oakdene thread.
We should try to avoid 1st Sun. in future, I would suggest 3rd Sun. then we can hook up with the DOC guys at Gilston.

Stu,

As Slob said the 1st Sunday is the regular Kent meet - pick another Sunday in future to avoid a clash of dates, and hopefully you'll get a few of us popping over the river for your run too? :)

STU65
02-09-2005, 07:28 PM
At the moment its

Slob,
Benson
me,
Greg (non Monster)
and Dave enroute.

Anyone else up for it your very welcome to meet us at the cafe.

The plan is the following:-
- Kick off from the Brooke side cafe directions are shown at the following site. Meet up at 9:30 for a 10:30 head off. (If you cut and paste the following line in to a web serach engine a map will appear showing the location ([http://search.yell.com/search/ShowM...scrambleSeed%3D)

Benson, I hope 10:30's not too early for you.

Sorry Moley you couldn't make it may be next time.

See you Sunday, tea in hand.

STU65
02-09-2005, 07:30 PM
http://www.yell.com/search/ShowMap?scale=100000&clarifyIndex=&clarifyOptions=&replayURL=%2Fucs%2FUcsSearchAction.do%3FsearchType %3Dclassic%26companyName%3Dswallows%26location%3DR ayleigh%26scrambleSeed%3D29779%26ooascrambleSeed%3 D%26slscrambleSeed%3D&searchType=classic&panY=0&panX=0&nat_id=1291153&location=RAYLEIGH

:rolleyes:

Paranoid Dave
02-09-2005, 07:57 PM
where are you heading to in dedham stratford area, I'll meet you there but need to know where you'll be. I'll assume mid to late morning and see you there.

benson
02-09-2005, 10:51 PM
Ahhhhh..... 10.30 might be a little on the early side for me - planning a bit of a Saturday night :lol: so best I meet you somewhere near Finchingfield?

My mobile is 07973 449 354 - perhaps you could give me an ETA at the tea room and I'll see you there? :confused:

If all else fails let me know where you might be for lunch - being highly food motivated that's sure to get me up, out of bed and onto the bike!!! :D

Paranoid Dave
03-09-2005, 12:02 PM
well if 11.45 i'm meeting in dedham, lunch cant be far away. I may live near it but i haven't got a clue where the cafe is, i may stop to ask directions.

benson
03-09-2005, 12:08 PM
Aha! Dedham haven't even heard of it!!! :o

Oh for the sat nav of a certain Slob!!! :rolleyes:

Meanwhile if the weather's like it is today then I'll be out and about somewhere even if it's the wrong place!!!! :bunny:

STU65
03-09-2005, 01:11 PM
Map of for Flatford Mill. Park up in car park costs a £1. The on foot!! for 100 yards to the mill you can't miss the cafe.

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=607500&y=233500&z=3&sv=flatford+mill&st=3&tl=Flatford+Mill+Field+Centre,+Suffolk+&searchp=newsearch.srf&mapp=newmap.srf

Paranoid Dave
03-09-2005, 10:19 PM
well i'll hopefully be there with friends (yes i have some) and with any luck wont get too lost. See you all in the morning.

benson
04-09-2005, 11:11 AM
Hope you all had a nice time - sorry to wimp out but the late morning got the better of me/us and I am just upright and conscious now - and probably not able to be in charge of anything bigger than a lawn mower engine - next time methinks!!!!! :cool:

STU65
04-09-2005, 07:03 PM
It was great to see Rob (Slob) and Thuli out on the ride. Although Rob I hope your back gets better.

It was also good to finally meet Dave, who picked up with us at Flatford.

I think everyone enjoyed the run, although Dave did say that there were a couple of add ons which would be good to include inthe route. Dave if you could drop me a line that would be great as I could include for next time.

Benson, Moley sorry you both could n't make it may be next time.

Future rides I will try to arrange not on the first Sunday of the month as this clashes with the kent meet and we then may be able to get some the the Kent owners to join us this side of the water.

Anyway all the best for the week.

slob
04-09-2005, 07:07 PM
Its about a 200 mile route from the kick point to the pub in Epping.
189, frankly I feel cheated. Hope Greg got home OK... stupid immobilisers!

Paranoid Dave
04-09-2005, 07:52 PM
good to meet you too Stu, and the rest of you of course. I got to do those haverhill to finchingfield roads again on the way home and i swear i leant it more than i ever have before on a couple of bends. totally scared the crap out of me :D

The two changes i mentioned Stu were...

cut out sudbury town centre by taking a right at the first roundabout, with the petrol station on it. It takes you to a few roundabouts one after the other and avoids the town, comes out at the roundabout at the other end of town where we headed out to long melford.

the other change (for the twisty lovers) is on the road out of sudbury and into long melford there is a left turn for Foxearth, this cuts over to Cavendish. Might take a few miles off and add another 10 minutes on ;)

Other than that the roads i took were superb and loved the run, hope i didn't hold you up though.

PD :D

slob
04-09-2005, 09:19 PM
I'd quite like to visit Melford Hall, having passed the place twice now, it looks amazing from the outside. I wonder if they serve teas.

slob
04-09-2005, 09:20 PM
...to bikers

STU65
04-09-2005, 09:48 PM
Other than that the roads i took were superb and loved the run, hope i didn't hold you up though.

PD :D[/QUOTE]

Dave, thanks for the info and no you didn't hold anyone up, glad you joined the group. Its good to get a few monsters together.

STU65
04-09-2005, 09:52 PM
Rob, I'll look into the Melford Hall visit, I agree it does long interesting as we go by.

Do you also want to do the JC tour at Flatford?? :)

Moley
04-09-2005, 10:42 PM
Sounds like you had fun, historic buildings very much up my street so any venue like that I will fully support. Got some of the bits on my bike so hope to be roadworthy and join you soon ... Steve.

STU65
05-09-2005, 06:32 PM
???? :burnout:

I'll let you know when were out next.

benson
05-09-2005, 07:17 PM
Hope that I can make it next time - no birthdays for a while!

Hope the bike's fine and dandy now Moley - see you soon!

Meanwhile I have a dead rear light so have to get that fixed before I venture out again in the dark!!! Meanwhile does anyone know how to fix a dead rear light? If you do I'll serve teas!!! and pretend that I live in an historic building!!!
:p

Techno-no-skill-Rachel

gary tompkins
06-09-2005, 12:23 AM
Rachel,
Assuming you have tried a new bulb? Try looking for loose bullet connectors, broken wires in the loom or at the bulb holder, and a bad fit on the holder itself. Some bulb holders are a p*** poor fit and this causes blown bulbs, so if you carefully bend it with thin nose pliers the fit can be improved.

benson
07-09-2005, 07:35 PM
Cheers Gary - yes tried the usual tricks.....It's an LED unit that's totally knacked - just works occasionally then not at all so am heading bacxk to the old unit which was reliable but not half as cute looking... Never mind....Thanks for the wise words tho!!!!!

gary tompkins
08-09-2005, 03:51 PM
Albie's motrax LED light packed up on the Donut run. Turned out to be a broken wire on the circuit board which he fixed by re-soldering.

benson
08-09-2005, 06:26 PM
Aha!!! I will investigate!!!!

benson
09-09-2005, 08:55 PM
OK so when I said "I will investigate" I meant "Slob will investigate" :cool: and he did just that :lol: and now I have a tail light that works thanks to some nifty soldering!

SO thanks guys - as always good advice and helpful folk willing to help :D

Cheers - the chips are on me!!!!!