PDA

View Full Version : Child Safety...

Chappers
11-08-2005, 10:36 AM
Awww, family day out :eek:

Plum
11-08-2005, 12:26 PM
OMG! :eek:

Some people really dont have a clude do they?

I cant see me getting away with that over here. but then again my daughter isnt having or never going on a bike! Dangerous things!

mad_turnips
11-08-2005, 12:45 PM
how olds you daughter? and is it ok to say no you cant its dangerous as you suit up and go for a spin?

Nonnie
11-08-2005, 01:00 PM
My oldest is 10 and last week got totally kitted out for pillion duties. Complete with magnificent Caberg Top Gun helmet. Her boots are better than mine so I've nicked them.

steviej
11-08-2005, 01:05 PM
.............years ago (10 to be precise) I was in KL and I saw two adults and three kids on a scooter whizzing down Jalan Kinabalu...........(one of the main roads)........... :eek:

Amazing!!!

Plum
11-08-2005, 02:11 PM
She gonna be 3 Matt, but she aint having a bike. The nearest she gets to one is when she sits on the Duc or the Harley and i wheel her around the ouside of my garage!

BTW You still coming over to Jersey?

mad_turnips
11-08-2005, 02:50 PM
i will be back on roughly the 3rd of sep for till 30th or threr abouts

looking for a bit of work in that time ( bar or graphic type stuff as a preference)

still interseted in meeting

dlloyduk
11-08-2005, 02:59 PM
Aaaah China- Must be, Love the place where danger is not a Word!
I will have to post some personal H&S pics.

dlloyduk
11-08-2005, 03:03 PM
Actually A couple of pointer's for that Guy in the pic,
1, He has forgotten his wife.
2, It could be starting to Rain therefore he should have his umbrella up whilst riding!
I have really seen worse honestly.

Plum
11-08-2005, 03:24 PM
i will be back on roughly the 3rd of sep for till 30th or threr abouts

looking for a bit of work in that time ( bar or graphic type stuff as a preference)

still interseted in meeting

Yeah for sure. Dunno what sort of places you frequent, nor how long its been since you were last here, but things have changed a bit in the last couple of years.

You bringing the bike over?

mad_turnips
11-08-2005, 04:11 PM
anywhere that does real ale is a start but have spent many a night in opera house bar, sports bar and chambers

the bike will be comming over in prep for its make over in october at uni ( it looks a bit tatty at the mo)

you dont know of any bar work going do you?

cerebus
11-08-2005, 04:47 PM
I've just got back from my honeymoon in Phuket, Thailand. We saw many families crammed onto scooters. Most I think was four, we were hoping to see five. We also saw dogs sitting in baskets on the front and a couple sitting on the seat in front of the driver with their front paws on the clocks.

We even saw a guy with a monkey holding onto his back! A couple of people had really young kids sitting on the front of the seat with their hands barely reaching the bars. We went for a jeep instead, as I didn't want gravel rash on my honeymoon (or on my new wife for that matter).

To be fair if the only transport you can afford is a moped, then you have to transport your family as best you can. Also despite the large number of scooters running around everyone seemed to be riding very safely, although with a disregard for signalling :). The only really dangerous riding I saw was from other tourists on hired R6s.

Didn't see any Monsters, but a lot of japanese harley clones, even a Valkyrie (is that spelt right?). Also a guy riding pillion carrying a door !

There was a good book at the airport called "Bikes of Burden" that was photgraphed in Vietnam, we'd spent all our money by then so I didn't buy it, but it had some great pictures of loaded down bikes, including one with about 4 dead pigs laying across it.

Great to be back on my bike today, only me though left the family at home.

Cerebus the married

Plum
11-08-2005, 05:06 PM
anywhere that does real ale is a start but have spent many a night in opera house bar, sports bar and chambers

the bike will be comming over in prep for its make over in october at uni ( it looks a bit tatty at the mo)

you dont know of any bar work going do you?

Well i worked in town on the doors a couple of years back, but the scene seems to have changed a bit, so i couldnt tell you at all. I will ask a couple of the lads worked with as i know they still do the doors, and let you know.

BTW The Gap has closed and has now become the new La Cala!

mad_turnips
12-08-2005, 07:56 AM
do you know a guy called russel ( pos sur name Ball) worked the door @ sports bar a few years ago also workd @ A.C mauger as a QS i think

Chappers
12-08-2005, 09:22 AM
I've just got back from my honeymoon in Phuket, Thailand. .
There was a good book at the airport called "Bikes of Burden" that was photgraphed in Vietnam, we'd spent all our money by then so I didn't buy it, but it had some great pictures of loaded down bikes, including one with about 4 dead pigs laying across it.

Cerebus the married

Congrats and hope you had a brilliant time :)

Tried looking for that book on Amazon but no luck, must be a local little book or something :confused:

Chappers
12-08-2005, 09:26 AM
...you don't happen to have bumped into my w@nker of a hubby out there called Alan Chapman who works for a company called Ferry Speed/Profreight...he owes me money, big money :mad:

If/when I track him down I'll beat him senseless, get my money and treat myself to a brand new Monster 1000 :lol: :bunny:

cerebus
12-08-2005, 12:20 PM
Hi Chappers,

Nope didn't meet your husband, though that sounds like a good thing from what you say.

Bikes-of-Burden (http://www.bikes-of-burden.com/) is the website for the book. Just read there that the picture I saw of the some dogs in a cage on a bike were in fact on their way to a restaurant.... :eek:

Cerebus the suddenly not hungry