PDA

View Full Version : autobahns, wet cobbles, rails & V Rossi

MrsJel
10-08-2005, 08:39 PM
Still haven't met more than a couple of you and have been on here since the brass monkey run in January. But, thought I'd share a bit of my hols with you.

Went to east germany (by czech/polish border). A-bahn's v fast - mercs, bm's & audis appear on back tyre bloomin quick. then on back roads get into town we're staying in - it pishes it down, thunder & lightning - cobbled streets train lines running across them on the corner NICE.

Spent last sunday at Sachsenring drying out watching Sr Rossi work his magic again (gifted to him by Sete).

Shouldn't complain about Dono the week before, at least there's bike parking - there they were parked at the car showrooms across the road and all in the town. We got lucky, a nice lady let us park on her drive and leave our kit in the garden. Bit of a queue to get out onto A-bahn again though.

We did 450 miles when we got off the ferry on the way there (went from Harwich to Cuxhaven - waved to Nonnie as went past the A14/A12 turn) - it was too far in one go. It'd be better to take longer to get there and enjoy the views on the way. On the way back we rode to Calais (did it in 3 days instead of 2 that we originally planned, so we got a beach stop on the last day). Total of 1900 miles, only probs were misted up clocks & a numb bum.

I'd recommend a visit to East Germany before it gets westernised. Little english is spoken outside of the big cities, so best brushing up on the basics (zwei bieren bitte, ein weisswein, ein rotwein und ein apfelsaft and es gibt keine handtuche ins haus)

Will meet some of you one day...

walkingpictures
10-08-2005, 08:52 PM
Pleased you enjoyed Germany,hope you didn't have a "Bomber Harris on Tour" shirt on :eek: ....if you had waited until the end of September you could have done the Oktoberfest in Munich.....absolutely amazing,recommended to any alcoholics ;)

Kimbo :)

Nonnie
11-08-2005, 08:51 AM
waved to Nonnie as went past the A14/A12 turn) - it was too far in one go. ...
Ah bless MrsJel!

Next time, pop in, chill out, sleep over.

MrsJel
11-08-2005, 08:36 PM
Unfortunately beer festival appeals to us olduns but 13yr old son not too keen. Bomber harris t-shirt was in the wash, had picture of basil fawlty instead.

Nonnie - next time we're catching a ferry from Harwich, I'll let you know.