PDA

View Full Version : Weekender 2006

Plum
09-08-2005, 12:41 PM
Well there isnt long left, so i am preparing my bike now to avoid all the ****e i had this year!!

Serioulsy though, i just wanted to ask what the dates were so i can advance book at work (as it will fall into this holiday year) and also i am thinking of getting the old UKMOC Unofficial Official Countdown Clock on the go!

Ta

L

JMo
09-08-2005, 06:40 PM
It is provisionally booked for that first May Bank Holiday again next year - 28th April - 1st May...

Will confirm asap.

xxx

JMo
10-08-2005, 12:03 PM
Ok Channel Island internet nerd fella - get your clock thing going again...

The 2006 Monster Weekend is booked at Arrow Mill for the first May Bank Holiday Weekend - that is Friday 28th April until the 1st May 2006.

Format will be the same as before - in that there will be a package price for 3 nights D,B&B in a combination of single, double and twin rooms available (we will have the whole hotel room allocation that weekend). Camping (with dinner and breakfast) will also be available on site.

Due to demand, we do not invisage there will be rooms available at the Mill for less than the 3 nights, however, there is a Travel Lodge less than a mile away, for those who wish to only come for a night or two, and you will be able to eat with everyone staying at the Mill for a small additional charge.

There will also be an itnerary of events for the Saturday, together with the National Rideout on the Sunday as usual.

I will be looking for suggestions for suitable events/entertainments both for the Saturday day, and perhaps something in the evening? Feel free to post suggestions here - but please, do not hassle for tickets/bookings just yet... when I have the final prices from Dennis, then I will post a dedicated thread in National Events - this is likely to be sometime in September...

Look forward to seeing you!

JennyMo

xxx

Lost Again
10-08-2005, 12:12 PM
Hmmm, the bike should be back in 1 peice by then. With a side stand and evryfink!

I won a prize at this years and I'm planning on taking another. Watch your back Jen........

(then again I could just use my bike for another year and turn up with an even dirtier monster)

S4 MAD
10-08-2005, 12:45 PM
if the weather is good again how about a bbq one night as they seem to have all the gear their. :confused: :eek:

Plum
10-08-2005, 01:03 PM
Well Jen, i have a couple of suggestions, but figure they would have been suggested before.

A track (of some sort) for the saturday. I dont know which tracks (if any) are near the Mill, and i know its a case of availability. Also i gather this wouldnt be cheap either and would probably be a nightmare.

Karting/Mini Moto (again) But maybe somewhere different, but again it depends on location, etc,etc.

BBQ sounds good for one of the evenings. Although keep BoozyBob away from me. He gave me possibly one of the worst hangovers i have ever had at this years weekender.

Anyway if you want a hand with anything, i have phone and internet and will be happy to help with anything.

BTW PD. We gonna roomie again next year?

Chappers
10-08-2005, 02:07 PM
I'm defo not missing it next year, ended up moving home that weekend and paying Dave Woods for a Service and fixing my oil leak so couldn't afford it in the end.

MilesB
10-08-2005, 04:35 PM
I will be looking for suggestions for suitable events/entertainments both for the Saturday day, and perhaps something in the evening? Feel free to post suggestions here - but please, do not hassle for tickets/bookings just yet... when I have the final prices from Dennis, then I will post a dedicated thread in National Events - this is likely to be sometime in September...
I'm willing to lead a rideout into Wales as I did last year... there were only three of us, but it was one of those perfect days... :cool: :bunny: :burnout:

Miles

Nonnie
10-08-2005, 04:39 PM
Julian (the mini moto guy) said if we book Karting as our extra curricular activity, we can have a discount so long as I promise not to break anything...

A Yerbury
10-08-2005, 05:17 PM
the grounds are quite comfy as are other peoples beds at 3 in the morning, there is also the brook/marshland should you fancy sleeping in a "shortcut"
AY.

Pen
10-08-2005, 05:54 PM
Jmo, some facilities for the campers would be worth thinking about. a loo for use at night when the hotel is locked up would be nice. ;)

Scotty
10-08-2005, 06:25 PM
mini moto :)

Julie
10-08-2005, 07:59 PM
http://www.paintballguide.co.uk/go-karting/suppliers/Stratford.asp

http://www.paintballguide.co.uk/go-karting/karting-track-Mr-Karting-Of-Leamington/index.asp?sitekey=11

Or how about we all head off to the National Motorbike museum?

Or Quad Bike Racing in Stratford Upon Avon

After basic instruction on the handling of the bikes, you will split into teams and enter a quad racing competition over challenging off-road quad track, with plenty of humps, bumps, dips and mounds.

These pacy machines are like a four wheeled motorbike, usually with a semi-automatic clutch that allows you to concentrate fully on the race itself without messing about learning how to operate gears.

After a safety briefing and a short practice, you will go straight into a full-on endurance or grand prix race. Pit yourself against your mates around a dirt track for bragging rights.

Julie
10-08-2005, 08:02 PM
http://www.paintballguide.co.uk/go-karting/suppliers/Stratford.asp

http://www.paintballguide.co.uk/go-karting/karting-track-Mr-Karting-Of-Leamington/index.asp?sitekey=11

Or how about we all head off to the National Motorbike museum?

Or Quad Bike Racing in Stratford Upon Avon

After basic instruction on the handling of the bikes, you will split into teams and enter a quad racing competition over challenging off-road quad track, with plenty of humps, bumps, dips and mounds.

These pacy machines are like a four wheeled motorbike, usually with a semi-automatic clutch that allows you to concentrate fully on the race itself without messing about learning how to operate gears.

After a safety briefing and a short practice, you will go straight into a full-on endurance or grand prix race. Pit yourself against your mates around a dirt track for bragging rights.

Or.........
Micro Quads in Stratford Upon Avon

A bit like racing a plastic loo with fat wheels, these are the quad version of the ‘mini moto’. To steer these machines involves a heck of a lot of leaning as you rage round the miniature track against your friends
http://www.chillisauce.co.uk/stratford-upon-avon/micro-quads/

Julie
10-08-2005, 08:05 PM
Or..........But its expensive.........

http://www.experiencemad.co.uk/details/exn/index.php?code=ADV15

Mud & Mayhem for One - £82
Time to try our Mud and Mayhem Experience! You will get to participate in 3 of the following activities, 4 x 4 Off Road Driving, Argo Cats, Powerturn Driving, Reverse Steer Snooker or Quad Bikes round the challenging terrain at Wedgenock Rifle Range
What does this activity include?
The group will be divided into teams of6to 7 people, each team willspend the session rotatingthrough three different activities from the list below. Each team will spend 50 minutes ateach activity with each individual spending approximately 20 minutes driving in total. The final choice of activities will depend on the weather and conditions.

4 x 4 Off Road Driving - Each participant will be given expert tuition on how to drive and control a Camel Trophy Landrover

Argo Cats - Six wheels, one driver and lots of fun. These vehicles are designed to go almost anywhere, mud, snow even over water. Operating with a skid steer it's like driving a mini tank.

Powerturn Driving - A twin seater, this unusual vehicle is powered by two 195 cc engines. Each engine provides power to one side of the vehicle so each driver controls one lever. One powers or brakes the left wheel and the other powers or brakes the right wheel.

Reverse Steer Snooker - This converted Jeep provides one of the funniest activities you'll ever experience. The objective is to drive the car through a series of snooker ball coloured gates accumulating the highest break possible along the way.

Quad Bikes - Drive these 250 cc four wheeled bikes around a challenging obstacle course incorporating limbo bars, dips, slaloms and tight corners.
http://www.experiencemad.co.uk/Quad-Biking-Experience-Days/

Kev Bunney
10-08-2005, 08:10 PM
It`s nice to know this early that I can`t go, gives me lots of time to be hissed off about it ! funny how the "new" organisers have managed to sort dates that are no good, where as before I never missed a weekender now it seems I`ll never make one :mad:

Julie
10-08-2005, 08:11 PM
It`s nice to know this early that I can`t go, gives me lots of time to be hissed off about it ! funny how the "new" organisers have managed to sort dates that are no good, where as before I never missed a weekender now it seems I`ll never make one :mad:Why can't you go Mr B?

Banshee
10-08-2005, 08:15 PM
I can make it.......

Kev Bunney
10-08-2005, 08:16 PM
Will be with the Blue army at St Mary`s ! the last game of the season.

SazzaG
10-08-2005, 08:41 PM
Quad bikes?

Rik Mayall and Ozzy Osbourne probably wouldn't recommend them.

But hoorah, I can make the weekender again! And this time we'll be staying at the Mill instead of the travel lodge.

PD, if you're doing badges again, I'll have changed my name to SazzaG by then...

Saz

JMo
10-08-2005, 09:12 PM
Sorry Kev - but that is the only weekend they have free (the later May BH is booked with weddings on both Friday and Saturday)... you could still come on the Sat night/Sunday though couldn't you?

I'm liking the ideas coming in - a BBQ on the Sunday evening would be a good idea I think, and quad racing sounds a hoot too!

Miles' idea for a day trip to mid-Wales would be a good option for those who fancy even more miles over the weekend, while something closer to the Mill (or even based on the grounds such as clay shooting or something?) would be good too, especially for those partners etc. who came by car/train...

What I will do is put a poll together once we have a few more suggestions...

Minimoto was such a hit this year, and the cost is resonable (£25-30 a head) - we don't really want anything more expensive than that, especially if travel to the venue needs to be considered...

So, keep 'em coming!

xxx

JMo
10-08-2005, 09:19 PM
Jmo, some facilities for the campers would be worth thinking about. a loo for use at night when the hotel is locked up would be nice. ;)

Yes, that is a good idea - I'll suggest to Dennis he sorts a portaloo unit for the weekend, although it may depend on numbers camping...

I'm hoping the sucess of the past couple of years will see an even greater turnout for 2006.

xxx

Chappers
11-08-2005, 09:41 AM
Some suggestions...

Daytime Activities:
Archery
Shooting
Quadbiking
Minimoto
Go-karting
Gliding
Horse Riding
Day at the races (dog/horse)
Paintballing (ouch)
Bowling ( :lol: )
Track day (expensive)
Rounders/Softball/Cricket (very cheap)
Run What Ya Brung type of race strip thingy
It's A Knock-out kind of activity day
Theme Park (if there's any nearby)
Visit a museum, zoo, castle etc

Nightime Activities:
Clubbing
BBQ maybe with a local band (pricey?)
Dinner Murder Mystery
Theatre (shakespeare)

SAMMYE
11-08-2005, 09:46 AM
How about Sumo wrestling in those blow up suits

Chappers
11-08-2005, 09:50 AM
How about Sumo wrestling in those blow up suits

That's brilliant fun, we did that the other month at work as part of our 'It's a Knock-Out' charity event but you ache loads after...well I did anyway :lol:

Quite surprised that you haven't already suggested the ladies have a naked mud wrestling competition :lol: You not feeling very well today? :twisted:

SAMMYE
11-08-2005, 09:56 AM
That's brilliant fun, we did that the other month at work as part of our 'It's a Knock-Out' charity event but you ache loads after...well I did anyway :lol:

Quite surprised that you haven't already suggested the ladies have a naked mud wrestling competition :lol: You not feeling very well today? :twisted:

:eek: Now that would be something!! Are you volunteering?? I'm a Judo Black belt so maybe I should join in!! Purely for saftey reasons

Chappers
11-08-2005, 09:58 AM
:eek: Now that would be something!! Are you volunteering?? I'm a Judo Black belt so maybe I should join in!! Purely for saftey reasons

NO I'M NOT :eek: You'd be mentally scarred for life and Fatbloke would probably kick me out of the club :(

DesmoDog
11-08-2005, 11:35 AM
Count me in this time - until I say I can't make it anyway. It's my birthday weekend so I'll be talking more ****e than usual. Painballing, aieieieee!

SAMMYE
11-08-2005, 12:00 PM
Count me in this time - until I say I can't make it anyway. It's my birthday weekend so I'll be talking more ****e than usual. Painballing, aieieieee!

I would destroy you at paintballing!! I have been trained by the S.A.S. which stands for SUPER ARMY SOLDIERS..... I have been told by the guys who are in the S.A.S. and they would know wouldnt they!

what I'm saying is you wouldnt want to get into a fight with me! Lets just leave it at that!

Didge
11-08-2005, 12:33 PM
My suggestion is to have a farting competition.
Prizes could be awarded for:-

1) Stinkiest
2) Loudest
3) Longest

It could also include a section for 'sound effects', which would decide 'Best Of Show', such as:-
Foghorn, popcorn, machine gun fire etc. Not forgetting of course, my old favourite, the sound of a large sheet tearing, which is the type I did this year when Banshee thought that his pathetic anal attempts would allow him to reach the top rank farters level. My sheet tearer soon put that upstart oik in his place. He was, to put it mildly, awestruck.
I'm sure that this would be a very popular competition for our members, as it's a subject that too many of them seem to have an unhealthy interest in.

Chappers
11-08-2005, 12:35 PM
Prizes could be awarded for:-

1) Stinkiest
2) Loudest
3) Longest

What about 4) Wettest? :twisted:

Didge
11-08-2005, 12:43 PM
What about 4) Wettest? :twisted:

My apologies Chappers. Of course 'Wettest' must be included, but points to be deducted, dependant on size of follow-thru stain.

MilesB
11-08-2005, 01:17 PM
Didge, I'm sure that this competition will happen anyway :eek: - whether we say yay or nay - and even if there is only one competitor :rolleyes: :D

Paranoid Dave
11-08-2005, 04:09 PM
Sazza, name badges will hopefully be on the cards next year, thou how i can personalise them for the 2006 style is yet to be seen.

Plum, providing i am.. a) going b) single c)relgated to a double room by not being quick enough on the reply then roomie is fine by me :D

scrumpster
11-08-2005, 05:23 PM
Hopefully, I'll be there. Depends on my two angels and if I can farm them out for weekend, which could be highly unlikely in the current climate - and no I'm no referring to the weather, only wish I was :(

A Yerbury
11-08-2005, 05:35 PM
bog snorkeling
naked twister
conkers
something to do with knives
fireworks (proper ones)
Alcohol (properly this time......lightweights...)
group baptism in the pond

...and that thing where you chase a roll of cheese down a hill, I am sure young yokel Duncan knows the rules to this one.

Alex.

Plum
11-08-2005, 06:23 PM
bog snorkeling
naked twister
conkers
fireworks (proper ones)

...and that thing where you chase a roll of cheese down a hill, I am sure young yokel Duncan knows the rules to this one.

Alex.

Ah Yerbs me old fruit! Hows things. Knew we could rely on on you for some lively suggestions. One question, We need a hill for the cheese, and judging by the injurys sustained by participants in years past, i would make the suggestion that we drink first! But then we cant ride anywhere to a hill. Could we use the little bank by the lake/swamp? Do you know/remember it? Its a bit small but we could intergrate the events of Dinking, then cheese rolling, then bog snokling and then the babtisim bit, although i wont join you on that. Then we could do some more drinking. I may even bring you a cigar all the way from Jersey and partake in an intellectuals social gathering with your good self!

What do think?

A Yerbury
11-08-2005, 07:35 PM
blimey plum you're keen as melons! I will be there provided I am still alive etc

Alex the looped fruit coqtail.

scrumpster
11-08-2005, 09:58 PM
bog snorkeling
naked twister
conkers
fireworks (proper ones)

Alex.

How to get dirty finger prints off the bathroom door and bog smells out the carpet with limited cleaning materials :eek: !!!!!!

Lost Again
12-08-2005, 11:47 AM
Ah Yerbs me old fruit! Hows things. Knew we could rely on on you for some lively suggestions. One question, We need a hill for the cheese, and judging by the injurys sustained by participants in years past, i would make the suggestion that we drink first! But then we cant ride anywhere to a hill. Could we use the little bank by the lake/swamp? Do you know/remember it? Its a bit small but we could intergrate the events of Dinking, then cheese rolling, then bog snokling and then the babtisim bit, although i wont join you on that. Then we could do some more drinking. I may even bring you a cigar all the way from Jersey and partake in an intellectuals social gathering with your good self!

What do think?

I'm loving it! I think if we started the merriment early enough (got drunk then) we could throw a babybel off a curb and it would seem bloody brilliant. Can we avoid the playing with knives bit though, my mum still doesn't let me use the good scissors unless she's in the room.

MilesB
12-08-2005, 11:52 AM
Sazza, name badges will hopefully be on the cards next year, thou how i can personalise them for the 2006 style is yet to be seen.
A different Font would be good - too make them a bit more legible :confused:
I had several cases where I ended up asking the badge wearer who they were :o , and there's me with 40/40 eyesight :cool:

MilesB

Paranoid Dave
12-08-2005, 12:49 PM
yes but the point was if you could read them from 10 yards away you'd see the name 'didge' and stay that far a way for obvious reasons. As it was you had to get close to people and mingle in order to read them and by then the damage (to nasal passages) was done.

Little Monster
12-08-2005, 07:34 PM
bog snorkeling
naked twister
conkers
fireworks (proper ones)

Alex.

I think bog snorkelling is so 2005 dahling. ;)

A Yerbury
12-08-2005, 07:36 PM
it's retro baby, very now, very post 9/11 and very Joan Bakewell.

kisses on all your pink bits.xxx
lex.

Little Monster
12-08-2005, 07:50 PM
To ensure a certain gentleman doesn't break into their room at midnight to muddy the towels (not padlocks for other things....that would be rude.....and possibly a bit gimpish :eek: )

A Yerbury
12-08-2005, 07:54 PM
thankfully Mr Yerbury was on standby to ensure that only the towells got muddied.

Alex.
ps.I have FBI grade handcuffs, none of yer Anne Summers tat.