PDA

View Full Version : Spotted

w108rna
09-08-2005, 11:00 AM
Is there a 'Spotted' forum on here for people who spot other Monsters out and about and want to find out if the bikes are local and members of this site? I used to be a member of 'VX220.org.uk' when i owned one, and it was always interesting to see if i had been spotted or add who i had seen in the area? This lead to a load of local owners meeting up and a good social scene that we didn't think existed
Is this a sad idea or would people go for it???? Suggestions please.

Monster Monster

MilesB
09-08-2005, 11:14 AM
I suspect we are all guilty of Monster spotting at various times - and reported sightings will end up either in 'Random Chat' or in 'Events' in the relevant regional area.

However, as you are in Cheshire and there isn't an area Group (yet?), then Random Chat seems to be the place for you.

I'm sure we all know of Monster Owners who aren't enlightened enough to be UKMOC members, but hey, each to their own. If parked up and I see another Monster and owner, I will always go over and say 'Hi' - and ask if they are a member - quite often they aren't, and have not heard of the club :(

Of course this isn't easy to do if on the move :rolleyes:

Miles

w108rna
09-08-2005, 11:18 AM
I did that just the other day. I saw a Monster on the estate i live on, spoke to the owner who was not a member, but he invited me out on a Ducati only ride out to a pub in deepest darkest Cheshire. Lots of Duc's but not many Monsters. I will just have to keep pestering Monsters in the local area a guess!?

Monster Monster

DucatiGirl
09-08-2005, 11:42 AM
I think having a "spotted" section is a good idea....

Mr DucatiGirl is also a member of the above mentioned c*r forum and it was his frequent attendance of events, pub meets, etc that encouraged me to find my own forum "community".

Haven't actually met up with any of you guys yet, but not for lack of trying ;) just have to reshuffle my schedule to make more time for rideouts :)

So anyway if anyone spots a black '05 shuffling around bends in Surrey ... that would be me :o

steviej
09-08-2005, 01:23 PM
Is there a 'Spotted' forum on here for people who spot other Monsters out and about and want to find out if the bikes are local and members of this site? I used to be a member of 'VX220.org.uk' when i owned one, and it was always interesting to see if i had been spotted or add who i had seen in the area? This lead to a load of local owners meeting up and a good social scene that we didn't think existed
Is this a sad idea or would people go for it???? Suggestions please.

Monster Monster

You could always check out the Manchester page of the Events section.

Where exactly in sunny Cheshire are you. There's quite a few Cheshire Catis about. See here----->Linky (http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/memberlist.php) ;)

w108rna
09-08-2005, 10:09 PM
Hi StevieJ

I live in the Great Sutton area. It is about 6 miles north of Chester. It is a shame there is no Cheshire branch of UKMOC as i would regularly attend. There does not seem to be a great deal of interest in this thread, so maybe the 'spotted' idea will remain just that.

Never mind, if anyone in the Chester area does fancy a ride out, drop me a line and we'll see if we can't sort something out?

Monster Monster

bod
10-08-2005, 12:14 AM
VX220 org...Think you will find most of them to be spotted in the Vauxhall garage being repaired...not like a duke then :D

w108rna
10-08-2005, 07:07 AM
Ha ha ha. I was a bit like that at times! I had a new Mini Cooper and chopped it in for the VX. I could not believe the difference in customer service between BMW and Vauxhall, people may not like BMW but they certainly looked after me, Vauxhall by comparison were laughable. So much so that i went out and bought a Mini Cooper 'S'.

fluffy
10-08-2005, 08:42 AM
we've got a Mini Cooper 'S', but luckily it's neither a BMW or a Vauxhall..... :)

steviej
10-08-2005, 09:16 AM
Hi StevieJ

I live in the Great Sutton area. It is about 6 miles north of Chester. It is a shame there is no Cheshire branch of UKMOC as i would regularly attend. There does not seem to be a great deal of interest in this thread, so maybe the 'spotted' idea will remain just that.

Never mind, if anyone in the Chester area does fancy a ride out, drop me a line and we'll see if we can't sort something out?

Monster Monster

Yo Mark,

You could always stick summat on the National Events page. I'm sure you'd get some responce at least. 'Starter Sprag' (AKA Geoff) lives the Wirral way and 'Craigmac' (AKA Craig) lives in Hartford I think. Met them both and are thoroughly decent chaps (chocks away)......................

You never know, the ubiquitous Fatbloke might even set you Cheshires Cats up with a domain all of your own...............(did I say Catsup?? read 'Ketchup'......... :eek: )

Pugi
10-08-2005, 10:01 AM
Mr DucatiGirl...

So anyway if anyone spots a black '05 shuffling around bends in Surrey ... that would be me :o

Hee hee...'Mr Ducatigirl'. :lol:

I'll keep an eye out after you when on the roads.

Phoenix
10-08-2005, 09:59 PM
Spotted 2 yesterday - A yellow one round Macdonalds island in Redditch and a couple 2 up on my way back from Donington last night on the M42.
Anyone owning up ?

Rod
10-08-2005, 10:02 PM
Saw a chrome one this evening with high levels coming off the black dam roundabout in Basingstoke, any takers?

w108rna
11-08-2005, 08:28 AM
This is what i wanted to happen, the above two replies. If it brings a few Monsters together or gets more people onto the site then that has to be a bonus. Keep them coming in.

Monster Monster