PDA

View Full Version : Top Gear last night

restin
08-08-2005, 03:10 PM
I dont know if any of you guys were waching last night but I was well upset by that ignorant twat Clarkson... after a short debate about the new noise levels for motorcycles (75db) he (Clarkson) declaired all motorcyclists should be " SHOT IN THE FACE", nice!!
I hope the BBC recive a sack load of complaints and the F£$%^&* twit is made to appologise, I have mailed a complaint to MCN and to the BBC

MilesB
08-08-2005, 03:15 PM
Poor idiot was once scared by a ride on the back of a bike...

Guess what - It was a MONSTER :twisted: :D :burnout:

The other two presenters, James May and 'the Hamster' are both known bikers... and I know that James has been seen on a Guzzi V11 Sport :cool:

However, I agree that an apology is in order.

Mand
08-08-2005, 03:16 PM
I dont know if any of you guys were waching last night but I was well upset by that ignorant twat Clarkson... after a short debate about the new noise levels for motorcycles (75db) he (Clarkson) declaired all motorcyclists should be " SHOT IN THE FACE", nice!!
I hope the BBC recive a sack load of complaints and the F£$%^&* twit is made to appologise, I have mailed a complaint to MCN and to the BBC

The man is an arse, with a bad haircut and equally bad clothes.

He has never made any secret about how he feels about bikers.

Like I say, the man is an arse......

Chappers
08-08-2005, 03:18 PM
When it comes to cars I love Clarky but when he spouts off about bikers it really p!sses me off :mad:

Paranoid Dave
08-08-2005, 03:25 PM
i like him, lets face it top gear wouldn't be as good if he left. One reason i like him is he doesn't stoop to meet daft regulations and health and safety etc. So normally when he comments on something and blows it out of all proportion, we just take it as wit. Just because you are a biker and he dont like them its no reason to suddenly take it to heart. I guess if you owned a ford pick up youd also be writing letters of complaint about being accused of incest.

Personally i just laughed, I cant see gangs around the country thinking 'hey lets go and shoot some bikers' yes he has bad hair, no taste in clothes but thats why he's popular.

get over it.

Mand
08-08-2005, 03:30 PM
Righto Dave, I've got over it.

THE MAN IS AN ARSE!

I don't like him and that is "my" opinion.

steviej
08-08-2005, 03:30 PM
Well, all I can say is if you find any programme offensive either:

1, Switch off..............................
2, Watch summat else.................
3, Go for a ride...........................

.....................round to Clarkies house and smack him!! :D

restin
08-08-2005, 03:33 PM
looks like I am more paranoid than paraniod Dave then...
better change me nick

Paranoid Dave
08-08-2005, 03:35 PM
Righto Dave, I've got over it.

THE MAN IS AN ARSE!

I don't like him and that is "my" opinion.

glad to hear it :D Sadly tho i feel a whole page of letters in this weeks Motor Comic News dedicated to this.
I'm sure its no great secret in his neck of the woods where he lives, on which road etc. He knows if he annoys them come sunday he'll have twice as many bikes roaring down the road making more noise than ever :lol: now that is justice enough.

A Yerbury
08-08-2005, 04:57 PM
well thats Clarkson, thats his job being Clarkson.... any fool can see through the hypocrisy given that the theme tune included Enzo engine noises. there are far more seriouser issues as Betty boo once crooned.
Yours.
outraged of tunbridge wells.

Didge
08-08-2005, 05:28 PM
As one of the Evening Standards writers have said, "Jeremy Clarkeson, the man who squeezes a 40" waist into 32" jeans".

The man is funny tho', and one should never take what he says with any seriousness.

slob
08-08-2005, 06:42 PM
he barely paused for breath before complaining about noisy bikes, having just enthused about Aston Martin's new exhaust valve(sounds like an EXUP to me) which apparently allows the car to be heard from 2 miles away if you put your foot down hard.

Wabbitkilla
08-08-2005, 10:02 PM
it was 4 miles (maybe i mis-heard)

So it's ok for cars to be noisy, it's ok for cars not to have their silencers stamped with an approval marking?
And bikes have to be treated as if they're evil!

btw i like Jezza, it's not that he's particularly clever or fair, but he is entertaining. That's how i look at TG now. Not a serious motor journo program, just pure entertainment.

Little Monster
08-08-2005, 10:04 PM
he used to be funny but he 'tries' to shock and be funny now and this is a cracking example.

he's nothing without tiff, quentin and the totty with the double barrelled name (name escapes me)

Wabbitkilla
08-08-2005, 10:13 PM
Vicky Butler-Henderson ........................ niiiiice!

Vicki Butler-Henderson
Known as: VBH
Fastest she's ever driven: 178mph in an Aston Martin Vanquish S
Biggest crash: 24hr kart race at Le Mans when a piece of metal punctured her leg
Currently drives: Honda S2000, Mk2 VW Golf Gti, Ducati Monster
Dream car: Lamborghini Diablo GT
When she's not on Fifth Gear she's: Hunting for a husband, gentlemen

Banshee
08-08-2005, 10:13 PM
Twaz 2 miles.... I like him, just finished his book, funny man me thinks.

walkingpictures
08-08-2005, 10:25 PM
Vicky Butler-Henderson ........................
When she's not on Fifth Gear she's: Hunting for a husband, gentlemen

One or two single gentlemen on here...how about it PD? ;)

Too old Kimbo :lol:

Phoenix
08-08-2005, 11:04 PM
Too old Kimbo :lol:

Say who ? ;)

Phoenix
08-08-2005, 11:05 PM
after a short debate about the new noise levels for motorcycles (75db)

Oops :D so fine me !
When they gonna bring in noise levels for cars then ? :mad:

walkingpictures
08-08-2005, 11:15 PM
Say who ? ;)

ME ;) ....you youngsters have got it made ;) Enjoy :)

Zimbo
09-08-2005, 06:39 AM
Don't get all upset over it, Clarkson has found that being controversial and taking the p1ss makes for good TV, especially when the group he aims his p1sstaking at gets all outraged. As bikers we're way too defensive, and thus easy targets. Somebody's started a website petition complaining about his comments, I bet he's absolutely pissing himself laughing!

paul620sie
09-08-2005, 07:15 AM
btw; I've seen and heard the new Aston Martin he was discussing.... it looks perfect and sounds so good.... sometimes he is so right.

I too get sunday afternoons distubed by bikers wizzing round the milton keynes grid seaching for that perfect round-a-bout. All it does is make me want to get back on me bike.

SazzaG
09-08-2005, 07:51 AM
I do agree with him about the noise of Jap bikes. The Hamster is wrong - Jap bikes being revved to the limit sound horrid. I live 2 miles from Bury Hill, so it's all I hear during the summer - you can always tell when the Dukes go by. Nice!

Yes, isn't it funny how cars don't have a noise limit.....

Saz - still on standard cans, but determined to change soon!

The Kevlar Kid
09-08-2005, 08:36 AM
I used to enjoy Clarkson, had all the books videos etc... But over the last 4 years or so, he has just become a parody of himself. A caricature almost.

Sadly he is now just a twat..... not funny, not relevant and spouts absolute rubbish most of the time. Like most journalists, his comments are largely 'bought' one way or another, thus his opinion is not even reliable.

Come to think of it, perhaps he should be shot in the face....

where'd I leave my SA80....

Wabbitkilla
09-08-2005, 09:42 AM
[QUOTE=SazzaJ]I do agree with him about the noise of Jap bikes. .............
Yes, isn't it funny how cars don't have a noise limit.....
QUOTE]

Cars do have a legal noise limit, something like 80 or 90dB, it's just not enforced! Actually the reason given why the BSI and E marks were made a requirement on bikes was to enable enforcement of said legisalation without the need to carry expensive measuring equipment in patrol cars.
Car exhaust noise is not percieved as a problem but if you spend time in any of the local towns around here in the evening all you can hear is noisy car exhausts (on Corsas and the like). It's like the scooter lot that used to charge around in the 80's.

Jap bikes, particulraly 4's, i simply don't understand revving the nuts off to the limiter. Just annoys the hell out of me, maybe there's some mechanical sympathy in me there. I know they get flashes and stuff out of the exhaust, but so what.

A loud twi, especially a Duc does sound special and like has been said only encourages me to get back out on the bike.

spacemonkey
09-08-2005, 05:05 PM
I think the idea of revving the nuts out of them is to try and find the torque which resides at heady heights in the rev range. Oh, and VBH got rid of her S2000 about a year or even more ago, and her Monster went yonks ago too. Do pay attention 007....

bod
10-08-2005, 12:31 AM
Sorry still thinking of VBH in leather on a monster ;)

Lost Again
10-08-2005, 12:08 PM
Hmmm, VBH looking for a bloke eh? wonder if she wants a toy boy.........

On the whole jap 4 thing, I've borrowed my bro's R6 (yes, with a devil can) on numerous occasions and the whole revving it to 15,000 just has to be done. The reason? to go fast of course! Not that I condone 130+ on country roads, fun tho. With that thing its get less poke than my bike at low revs but take it anywhere past about 8,000 and you're off with 105 ponies up your ar se. It's all good fun.

Will
10-08-2005, 12:56 PM

Clarkson has had his day - sooooo 80's humour and all a little bit sad really.

spacemonkey
10-08-2005, 08:38 PM
The downfall started when Top Gear became the Jeremy Clarkson's Opinion Show. I'm not surprised that Tiff, Quentin and the delightful Vick bogged off to Channel 5...

walkingpictures
10-08-2005, 09:10 PM
The downfall started when Top Gear became the Jeremy Clarkson's Opinion Show. I'm not surprised that Tiff, Quentin and the delightful Vick bogged off to Channel 5...

Agreed mate,and is that the same Tiff Needell who "road tested" a Merc estate on a track...usual crap....sideways around the corner,smoking the tyres,and complaining that it doesn't handle very well when 99% of the people who buy the car will just use it to take the kids to school?

Hmnnnnnnnnn ;)

Paranoid Dave
10-08-2005, 09:28 PM
but when they killed off top gear for being DULL, channel 5 in need of anything with a rating more than 5 (wonder if thats how it got its name) took it up like a shot, and rather than change the format they kept the Dullness, that tired old format with an attempt at humour and the odd super car. Why they didn't turn it into when super cars attack, shark infested cars or when cars kill I don't know, i thought it would have been right up their street. Anyway the BBC did right to kill it off for a bit and bring in a new version, change the format and presenters, bring back JC for the same reason you're slagging off. He's daft, he says stupid things, likes big boys toys and spends as much time talking about the bloke who built it, as he does about the end result. And who really cares if its his opinion, thats all it could ever be and its not as if we're all about to go and buy and aston martin just cos it gets a good review but oooh better stay clear of that TVR company unless its the new one.
thanks BBC, you have created a show i try not to miss, i don't care how acurate the opinions are or how far fetched the conversation. To me its a comedy programme. The porsche challenge had me in stitches and his hatred of caravans I back totally.
I find Tiff Nerd so boring to watch and as WP said never using vehicles for the purpose they were meant. Quentin makes me laugh but he did right to get out. VBH i'd bend over a, sorry I'm distracted... I forget what she does but I'm happy to watch her til the cows come home. Not that i ever watch 5th gear, I prefer to stay in Top.

Long live the rediculous nature of top gear.

Lona
12-08-2005, 08:11 AM
he used to be funny but he 'tries' to shock and be funny now and this is a cracking example.

he's nothing without tiff, quentin and the totty with the double barrelled name (name escapes me)

Talking of Tiffany Dell, does anyone else have a deep dark suspicion with regard to the identity of "the Stig"???
BTW I too like Jezza, and the fact that he also hates us vegetarians is forgiveable cos I think he's funny. I do tend to shout at the TV while he's having a rant, but would probably be far more annoyed if Hamster and James weren't there to counter his anti-bike stance. (Mind you, I was watching an old edition of TG the other night, and James said women don't drive Triumph TR6s. If I'm a bloke, my husband's in for a bit of a surprise!) :D

slob
12-08-2005, 08:29 AM
Talking of Tiffany Dell, does anyone else have a deep dark suspicion with regard to the identity of "the Stig"???
SammyE's day job?

A Yerbury
12-08-2005, 05:41 PM
the long haired bloke is moaning about paying 300 quid for his boxster steering wheel according to Mr Sellers? It is a daft program but quite watchable in a sunday sort of way, good guests, well edited, nice production values and camera work although the graduated sky filter is a tad overdone.

jesus, what a dull post. Apologies.

spacemonkey
12-08-2005, 07:32 PM
although the graduated sky filter is a tad overdone.

jesus, what a dull post. Apologies.

A tad? A tad??? I think they put two on by mistake, and as for the faux grainy shots.....

Oh, and watching Tiff ragging a boring car around a track was one of the old highlights. I agree that he might be the stig of the dump chap.
Sorry, another dull post. To make up for it, here's a pic of a dead cat:

A Yerbury
12-08-2005, 07:35 PM
I run low level sils and if I am having a bit of a hoon I wear sidi smx boots....dang, done gone and done it again!

bod
12-08-2005, 11:06 PM
The Stig.....it's Damon Hill?

spacemonkey
12-08-2005, 11:23 PM
More to the point, as of this moment, 10 people have looked at my picture of a dead cat. Go on. You know you're curious....

Nonnie
13-08-2005, 08:59 AM
I couldn't help but look. It's natural curiosity but I was so hoping it wouldn't really be dead. I like cats you see. So phew. Thanks.

spacemonkey
13-08-2005, 10:24 PM
22 now... Me-ooooOOOOOOWWWWWW!

Mrs Soup
15-08-2005, 12:59 PM
The Stig is Perry McCarthy

I love nearly all (performance) motor vehicle noise, but as this thread shows one bod's awesome as someone else's noise pollution. It's all illegal, but we would much rather have plod doing something useful that sitting in a layby handing out rectification and fixed penalty notices.

Now - 78dB at Caslte Combe race circuit due to 11 NIMBY's who move next to a 50 year old circuit and don't like it - THAT'S CRIMINAL :twisted: