PDA

View Full Version : What was your name?

Elmo
07-08-2005, 07:26 PM
Had a good days riding today nearly 250 miles which took in the Cat and Fiddel ( A537 macclesfield to Buxton) and when i pulled up at some lights 2 monsters pulled along side you did say that you were club members and you did tell me your name but i promtley forgot it about 2 miles down the road on the way to Whaley Bridge :o .Then i went up Glossop and rode snake pass (A57) to Shefield turned round and did it all again then back home. :D

jrpdark
08-08-2005, 08:59 AM
Dave

It was me James, aka jrpdark (sh1t name I know) plus another Dave, WaveyDavey.

I live in Chapel-en-le-Frith so the Cat & Fiddle and the excellent A5004 from Buxton to Whaley Bridge are right on my doorstep.

Dave was visiting from Newark, so we did a circuit from Chapel to Glossop, Snake Pass to Ladybower (awesome scenery, dreadful road surface). Then South via Bamford, Bradwell, Tideswell, Buxton, the C&F to and from Macc, then home, where we saw you at Buxton.

The M800 looked very smart in black - what do you think of it?

Cheers

James

jrpdark
08-08-2005, 09:01 AM
Sorry - it was an S2r! Even more so - what do you think of it? I feel temptation coming my way...

Elmo
08-08-2005, 07:03 PM
Ok James how lucky you are to have roads and scenary on your door step. Had an M900 before the S2r and missed its raw bike feel but the S2r has grown on me. Its as quick as the 900 and more nimble but that mite be due to the Diabblos as the 900 had Dunlop 207's and S2r is easer to ride around town. The fuel injection is good on cold days were as the 900 sufferd from carb icing. Banshee has the same bike so when he gets his licence back ill bring him up to ride the Cat & Fiddle that will be some time after 20th Sept will put a post up if you fancy a meet at one of those road side cafe's

Banshee
08-08-2005, 08:39 PM
6 weeks, 2 hrs, 22 mins and 5 secs..... 4..... 3... 2.. 1.
6 weeks, 2 hrs, 21 mins and 32 secs.....31.

not that im countin.... Elmo was all grins today as he told me about his ride..
and if you think that was rubbing my nose in it he came to Lichfield ON MY BLOODY BIKE the other week.. Good job i luvs him.. ;)

Zimbo
08-08-2005, 09:46 PM
Its as quick as the 900 Not any more it's not :p
Ooo I'm enjoying my FCR41's :D :D :D

jrpdark
12-08-2005, 08:23 AM
Dave

Would be good to meet up when you and Banshee are up this way next

Cheers

James