PDA

View Full Version : Musical Murder.........

Didge
06-08-2005, 05:27 PM
...............oh the horror that was unleashed to listeners.
For those of you who like me, grew up in the 60's, you already know how great a lot of the music was. Those of you who are too young, will no doubt be familier with at least a lot of the music from that era.
But....very few of you will know of the horrors that lurked amongst the great songs and musicians from those heady days.
One of the worst, was a woman by the name of Mrs. Miller, a grandmotherly figure who played the piano, and quite happily warbled along to her 'versions' of the hits of the day.
This woman, set about destroying great songs with her off-key vocals and whistling.
You can hear a few examples of her destructive powers here, where she totally annihilates 'Downtown', and even the Beatles 'A Hard Days Night'.
Be warned, it is not pleasant.

http://franklarosa.com/vinyl/Exhibit.jsp?AlbumID=77

mark cross
08-08-2005, 10:10 AM
...............oh the horror that was unleashed to listeners.
For those of you who like me, grew up in the 60's, you already know how great a lot of the music was. Those of you who are too young, will no doubt be familier with at least a lot of the music from that era.
But....very few of you will know of the horrors that lurked amongst the great songs and musicians from those heady days.
One of the worst, was a woman by the name of Mrs. Miller, a grandmotherly figure who played the piano, and quite happily warbled along to her 'versions' of the hits of the day.
This woman, set about destroying great songs with her off-key vocals and whistling.
You can hear a few examples of her destructive powers here, where she totally annihilates 'Downtown', and even the Beatles 'A Hard Days Night'.
Be warned, it is not pleasant.

http://franklarosa.com/vinyl/Exhibit.jsp?AlbumID=77
mrs miller was my granmother. manys the night i sat , along with the rest of my folks and sang and listened to granny, happy days before the advent of reality T.v. and weird goings on on BB with women and wine. Shes gone now, but every day we still play stairway to heaven and firestarter in her style to remind us of our departed gran and the loss of a musical colossus. :(