PDA

View Full Version : Brands Hatch This evening

shenton
04-08-2005, 09:52 PM
Had a great time at Brands Hatch this evening. It was great to finally put faces to some of the names that I've become familiar with on this forum. Meeting James Toseland and Regis Laconic was excellent, Giancarlo Fallapa sat at our table for dinner, it was a pleasure to meet a legend.

Got some great pics, I've just downloaded the camera but am a bit too knackered to fiddle around with most of them tonight. I'll get on the case tomorrow. I will put one picture straight up now though. The bike is familair to most of us and the rider certainly is, the combination of the two though may never have been seen before.

Russ :D

shenton
04-08-2005, 09:58 PM
Not sure what happened first time around with the image file. I'll try again

gary tompkins
04-08-2005, 10:25 PM
Nice to meet you and the rest of the UKMOC crew tonight Shenton - cool paintjob on the 600 too :cool: Will post some of my pictures up tomorrow if I get time.

Top night out - big thanks to Ducati UK for the invitation

Two words JMo - Camera Battery ;)

JMo
04-08-2005, 10:50 PM
Two words JMo - Camera Battery ;)

Erm, yes, well... so busy getting piglet dressed, and packing my spare helmet and camera, getting the bike into the paddock and asking James to pose with it... I forgot to charge the battery didn't I... duh!

Still, got a couple before it went dead - thanks for lending me yours GT x

btw. did anyone get a picture of Tozzie abusing piglet - the poor little fella is quite shocked by it all!

As for the rest of the evening - it was really top notch - the chefs did a cracking job as ever (boy that pepper steak is good isn't it?), and well done everyone who bid on the team gear for riders for health - well over £250 raised...

Finally, as fortune would have it, Ducati were right opposite Foggy Petronas this year, and I snuck in and finally got the man himself to sign my spare helmet - so that's 3 WSB world champion riders on there now - Hodgson, Tosland and Foggy - plus a bunch of other famous Ducati riders from over the years... including Caparossi...

May I should Ebay it now?!

xxx

NattyBoy
04-08-2005, 11:07 PM
Not sure what happened first time around with the image file. I'll try again

Pahhh..bloody copycats... :lol:

http://ducatisportingclub.com/xmb/viewthread.php?action=attachment&tid=20240&pid=188772

Glad you all had a goodun...!

Nat

BoozyBOB
04-08-2005, 11:11 PM
mmmm....stalking again Natty....

JMo
04-08-2005, 11:33 PM
The three pictures I did manage to take...

xxx

ps.the second is a direct quote from the man himself as he got off the bike - small consolation from trying to bug*er my pig I suppose!

SAMMYE
05-08-2005, 09:52 AM
Yes thanks to Ducati UK and Fatbloke... think I was more in awe of meeting him than James Toseland or Regis Laconi!! Had a wonderful night! :D

oh and Thanks NiktheBrief for taking that nice cross country route around Brands with me

nik_the_brief
05-08-2005, 01:48 PM
Was good to meet you in the flesh Terry :D - oh there was some bloke called Giancarlo sitting on our table too - and a couple of geezers named James and Regis.

Nice to meet some more (previously unencountered) fellow monsterers too.

The food was brilliant and the company equally so.

Sammye - I enjoyed the Brands Hatch off road route, it made a pleasant change to that dull old tarmac stuff :rolleyes:

Got home and discovered that the reason I was being flashed by all and sundry as I pelted back down the M20 was that my rear light had blown so I'm off to fit a new one now.

shenton
05-08-2005, 08:55 PM
OK Folks, time for a few more snaps.

Enjoy

shenton
05-08-2005, 08:59 PM
Last few, I promise.

Scotty
05-08-2005, 09:36 PM
wow, i didn't know pigs ears stretched that much

Kerry
06-08-2005, 05:01 PM
Just wanted to say what a top night! Had a brill time and wish to thank Terry,ducati uk, and all the guys who did the food it was top. Sorry if i held up the Q for autographs as did have a lot of things to be signed but the best thing was james signing my seat cowl it looks wicked. It was nice to meet some of you i have not met before and hope to see you again and nice to see faces i already know. Hope i get the chance to do it again as it was a ace night! Take care all you guys. Its a wicked life. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

NattyBoy
06-08-2005, 06:19 PM
Fat boy in a dodgy coat... :lol:

http://ducatisportingclub.com/xmb/viewthread.php?action=attachment&tid=22782&pid=216959

Mand
06-08-2005, 11:00 PM
Terry is that the "waterproof" coat???? :p

Spanner
07-08-2005, 02:28 AM
I bet he got the coat for free!!!!!

nik_the_brief
07-08-2005, 10:57 AM

Nope, he was the highest bidder in a charidee auction!

Fair play to ya Big man! :)

fatbloke
07-08-2005, 02:32 PM

yup your right totally free all they wanted in exchange was
£100 for Riders for Health

gary tompkins
07-08-2005, 08:37 PM
As promised a few piccies from me....

gary tompkins
07-08-2005, 08:43 PM
few more.....