PDA

View Full Version : Essex Ride out 6th August

STU65
04-08-2005, 06:19 PM
Anyone up for a ride out on Saturday?

I was going to set out from Benfleet / Rayleigh between 9:00 - 10:00 and then go through Maldon, Tiptree, Colchester and along the Stour river.

If anyone wants to tie up on route your more than welcome. If anyone wants to set up a kick off location and time, let me know.

Slob be up for a run out.

If you can't make it, enjoy your rides.

slob
04-08-2005, 07:49 PM
OK you name the place and I'll aim for 09:30, dunno if Thuli's up for it but I'll ask her. Are we going to stop for Lunch somewhere?

slob
05-08-2005, 08:25 PM
Anyone up for a ride out on Saturday?

I was going to set out from Benfleet / Rayleigh between 9:00 - 10:00 and then go through Maldon, Tiptree, Colchester and along the Stour river.

If anyone wants to tie up on route your more than welcome. If anyone wants to set up a kick off location and time, let me know.

Slob be up for a run out.

If you can't make it, enjoy your rides.

Stu's just called me and his PC is acting up so...
Meet at 09:30 in the car park of the D1ck Turpin at Wickford,
leaving at 10:00 for a tour of Essex, taking in lunch somewhere on the way.
All welcome.

Paranoid Dave
05-08-2005, 09:11 PM
i'd love to join you but i plan on staying in bed til at least 10 :D then maybe i'll grab a coffee, toast, and drag myself up for lunch. I hear yet another pot noodle calling.

slob
06-08-2005, 10:37 PM
Grand day out thanks Stu. 200 miles, tea, lunch and all with 'reasonable progress'!
We must do it again, maybe with a later start at that cafe you mentioned, maybe we could drum a few more up... but that puts a bit of a damper on the progress.
Thuli wants to do lunch at a place in Dedham next time. Nice to meet Greg and ????.

Paranoid Dave
06-08-2005, 10:51 PM
and to think i suggested to nonnie that we go to dedham today for an ice cream. Could have met you there.. for an ice cream by the river

Maybe another time

Paranoid Dave
06-08-2005, 10:51 PM
so who is who in that picture. tell all

slob
07-08-2005, 06:38 AM
so who is who in that picture. tell all

Greg (Speed Triple)
Stuart
???? (CBR 600)
Rob
Thuli

"If you get those bloody bikers to move, I'll have a go at painting the mill."
John Constable 1776-1837

STU65
07-08-2005, 09:05 PM
Rob thanks for the support, lets hope we get a few more monsters out next time.

The cafe I suggest for the meeting point for great tea and bacon butties etc. is the Brooke side cafe just outside Raleigh (Next to Swallows garden centre, for those with green fingers) (If you cut and paste the following line in to a web serach engine a map will appear showing the location (http://search.yell.com/search/ShowMap?nat_id=1291153&location=RAYLEIGH&clarifyIndex=&clarifyOptions=&searchType=classic&replayURL=%2Fucs%2FUcsSearchAction.do%3FsearchType %3Dclassic%26companyName%3Dswallows%26location%3DR ayleigh%26scrambleSeed%3D29779%26ooascrambleSeed%3 D%26slscrambleSeed%3D) Magic.

Next time I'll try to give people a little more time and maybe set uop some meeting points along the route, for the later risers.

Anyone from the Kent group are of course more than welcome.

MilesB
10-08-2005, 01:00 PM
Anyone from the Kent group are of course more than welcome.
Considered this one, but just not able to make it :(

Would be good to have a trip around Essex
(a) with someone who knows where they are going :) ,
(b) to see some of the nicer places that do exist in the county (which I believe is proportional to the distance from the Thames :rolleyes: ), and
(c) not actually being the lead bike

Given due warning I'll try and make the next one.

Miles

STU65
10-08-2005, 07:47 PM
Well here goes. Open invitation to all. With a little more time to prepare.

An Essex ride out on the 4th Sept, which is the Sunday after the bank holiday.

If people could tell me if their interested that would be very helpful.

Miles could you post on the Kent side of the site.

I propose that we meet at the Brooke side cafe directions are shown in the note posted above. Meet time 9:30 for a 10:00ish start.

Drink stop at Flatfords mill, Lunch at Finching field, and a Drink over at Slobs meet point. Slob you will need to take the lead at this point.

slob
10-08-2005, 08:28 PM
So bring a pound coin and a puck for your sidestand for the carpark at Flatford.

Paranoid Dave
10-08-2005, 08:58 PM
finchingfield is a lovely bike stop, and flatford dedham areas nice too. Start up a new new new thread and if i'm free i'll catch up with you when you get into my neck of the woods.