PDA

View Full Version : S4 Problems

S4 MAD
04-08-2005, 12:31 PM
can anyone help!!.? my beloved dukey is running really badly probs seem to be
1 once bike has warmed up after 10-15 miles if you were to stop
and let the bike tick over it will stall within 15-20 seconds with out fail.

2 when i also slow down comming up to junction or traffic lights etc
as i clutch in to go from 2 to 1st as i pull the clutch in it will also stall whilst
not in a gear.
anyone else out their suffering or had same probs on s4 or other monsters
been in twice to pro twins still not sorted any ideas?.
:(

carr01
04-08-2005, 02:36 PM
I am currently suffering with a similar problem with my S4, mine hasn't got to the stalling at tick over stage yet, but will misfire when moving in slow traffick. On the odd occasion if i have had the clutch in at the time it will stall.So I rang up the ducati store here in cheshire, I was informed this could be due to dampness in the spark plug cap, having recently been on a very wet return trip from Blackpool I thought I'd take a look. On inspection the cap was wet and the front plug badly corroded. I dried off the cap and replaced both plugs with new. Still misfired! booked it in a Ducati they found that the battery terminals were loose! and charged £43.00.1 hours labour. Brought the bike back home all seemed well, then again in slow moveing traffick... misfires! All this has happened since I have had the termi exhaust fitted..dont know if it's related..i'm assured by ducati it's not, as they fitted them!
would like to know if you get this sorted.

S4 MAD
04-08-2005, 03:58 PM
i to was wondering if it had something to do with back pressure from exhaust or lack of .i have hi level sils on mine wondering if it was something to do with
that? :bunny:

Scotty
04-08-2005, 04:16 PM
hummm sounds familiar
i had the same problem and the dealer traced the proble n to some crud in the fuel line was like a small disc of ptfe they found

they said the striped and cleaned the fuel rails what ever that actually entails

and uh yeah the damp coils also did that for me an all.

jvp
04-08-2005, 07:09 PM
I had the same problem so I put the standard airbox lid and ECU back on, but kept the termis and the bike runs ok now. It may be 2 or 3 hp down , but its much more usable especially off the line.
Jay

S4 MAD
05-08-2005, 07:53 AM
ive not touch the orig ecu or lid as iwas told i wouldnt need to ho hum,
im know of opinion that its a coil brakeing down but thats bown to change
. :burnout: