PDA

View Full Version : Ducati Insurance

Mr Cake
04-08-2005, 11:42 AM
Just renewed my insurance so I thought I'd try the Ducati Insurance in the links section - £202 TPFT :cool:

I was also quoted £471 Comp but I don't love it that much :lol:

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/images/banner_ins.gif

Dave

paul620sie
04-08-2005, 12:04 PM
I too tried thier on-line quote ...... some £140 less than I currently pay Carole Nash, I think I'll be using them next time.

Mr Cake
04-08-2005, 12:08 PM
I used to insure with CN too. Be careful with the Ducati insurance though as it doesn't take riding someone else's bike into account. Breakdown cover is also not included like it is with CN.

Dave

Rockhopper
04-08-2005, 12:19 PM
My carole nash renewal excluded me from riding other bikes while Ducati insurance offered it without me asking!!

Mr Cake
04-08-2005, 12:21 PM
Strange brew.

Dave

paul620sie
04-08-2005, 01:46 PM
I too tried thier on-line quote ...... some £140 less than I currently pay Carole Nash, I think I'll be using them next time.

i figure the £140 saving will buy me AA membership which i'll need now the car is out of warentee.

DucatiGirl
04-08-2005, 02:01 PM
I used to insure with CN too. Be careful with the Ducati insurance though as it doesn't take riding someone else's bike into account. Breakdown cover is also not included like it is with CN.

Dave

I used Ducati Insurance - cheapest by far - and am automatically insured to ride anyone else's bike :bunny:

The Kevlar Kid
04-08-2005, 02:45 PM
They are also the only company I can find at the moment (my renewal is due and I'm hunting around) that are happy to insure my bike with race cans. All the others (including Bennetts and Carole Nash) declined.

singletrack
04-08-2005, 05:39 PM
They were cheaper than any other insurance company.
They are the only company that would insure my Monster with termis and other mods.
They allow me to ride other bikes.
They insured my second bike ( 05 BMW F650GS) for an amazing extra £69 :D

Mand
04-08-2005, 06:55 PM
Just renewed my insurance so I thought I'd try the Ducati Insurance in the links section - £202 TPFT :cool:

I was also quoted £471 Comp but I don't love it that much :lol:

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/images/banner_ins.gif

Dave

Dave my "old" fruit, I pay £272 for two bikes with Ducati Insurance - fully comp! Looks like being old and crap pays off :lol:

scrumpster
04-08-2005, 10:04 PM

Dave

I have fully comp with Ducati and it was something like £254 including breakdown cover! :)

Marky
31-08-2005, 01:54 PM
Get yer heads around this one. :confused: About 3 weeks ago I was quoted £448 from Ducati Insurance for fully comp (plus protected NCB) on 3 bikes (both Monsters plus CCM). Not too bad I thought but wasn't sure what my current company would come up with.

My existing renewal notice from Carole Nash came yesterday for £542 for all three bikes. So Ducati Insurance win that one, just under £100 cheaper.

Rang Ducati Insurance half hour ago to confirm my quote, went through all details only to be told it's now £542 and not £448. Eh? Exact same cost as Carole Nash. Told 'em to forget it, then they say hang on, if I start it from today i.e. still in August (as opposed to Sep 8th when existing over runs out in 9 days time) then they'll do it for £387 ?!?!? So I gave me card details there and then.

Anyway, I've now got 12 months fully comp insurance for £387 on M1000 with Reums race cans, fairings etc, M600 with Arrow race cans, CCM404, protected NCB, annual mileage up to 10K on each bike, 90 days European cover and 3rd party on other bikes.

It'll be interesting to see what I'll get quoted in a years time.......