PDA

View Full Version : Good News From Police................

Didge
04-08-2005, 10:27 AM
........I have just recieved a letter from Surrey Police, which states that they have referred the matter to the CPS with a recommendation to prosecute Mrs ****** for driving without due care and attention.
It also goes on to say that "Should my attendance at court be required, then I will be notified".
I of course, will only be too pleased to attend.
It also states that I will be informed of the result of the case.
So, a good result there then, as long as the CPS (who tend to be a bit crap at times), go along with the police recommendation to prosecute.

NattyBoy
04-08-2005, 10:42 AM
Thats great news didge...if nothing else this will dramatically aid any compensation you recieve mate...goodbye M900, hello blinged up M1000 with Harley to keep it company eh ??! :D

Cheers
Nat

Didge
04-08-2005, 10:55 AM
Thats great news didge...if nothing else this will dramatically aid any compensation you recieve mate...goodbye M900, hello blinged up M1000 with Harley to keep it company eh ??! :D

Cheers
Nat

Natty, my next Monster will hopefully be a M1000 yes, but no Harley as a stable mate. It would have to be a Buell.

NattyBoy
04-08-2005, 10:58 AM
Are you sure an old fart (pun intended!) like you can handle a 1000 mate..?? :lol:

Nat

Didge
04-08-2005, 11:07 AM
Are you sure an old fart (pun intended!) like you can handle a 1000 mate..?? :lol:

Nat

Oh, the arrogance of youth. Have you not heard the term 'experience'?
At the moment, handling anything other than my 'one-eyed trouser snake' is a chore I'll admit, but time heals. Even a high milage bod like mine.
Do I detect a hint of envy, seeing as you're stuck with some over-priced, over-complicated, over-rated, over-powered, carbon-infested water-cooled excuse for a Monster, when deep down, you know you should have bought a M1000.

NattyBoy
04-08-2005, 11:10 AM
..If they did a Ducati Performance bolt on Ford Cortina radiator mate I would have jumped at the chance.. :lol:

Plus I would have denied myself the opportunity of WD40'ing acres of coolant hosing every weekend !!!!!

Nat

Didge
04-08-2005, 11:19 AM
[QUOTE=NattyBoyPlus I would have denied myself the opportunity of WD40'ing acres of coolant hosing every weekend !!!!!

Nat[/QUOTE]

Yes, I admit it's those little pleasures that make life enjoyable.
On a more serious note, does not WD40 rot rubber? Would you not be better off useing something like 'Back To Black'?
Not that I care if your hoses start to spray like a garden sprinkler of course, as it would give us all a good larff!!!!

NattyBoy
04-08-2005, 11:21 AM
I actually use GT85 now, and I think thats OK..? I bloody hope so anyway !!!

Nat

CK & AK
04-08-2005, 11:23 AM
Didge, on a serious note - let me know if/when you are in the market for a 1000, as mine might well be looking for a home in the late Autumn ;)

C

MilesB
04-08-2005, 11:26 AM
Natty, my next Monster will hopefully be a M1000 yes, but no Harley as a stable mate. It would have to be a Buell.
Any particular Buell in mind :confused:

I must admit particularly liking the look of the new XB12Ss Lightning Long :eek: ... but it is so similar to the Monster that I couldn't justify having both :o ;)

Didge
04-08-2005, 11:28 AM
Didge, on a serious note - let me know if/when you are in the market for a 1000, as mine might well be looking for a home in the late Autumn ;)

C

Why would you be selling yours CK? Don't tell me you're thinking of going down the (Christ! It makes me feel nauseous to write the words), water-cooled route?

CK & AK
04-08-2005, 11:41 AM
Didge, we have 3 Ducati's as well as 2 other runners in the garage mate.
Cant ride 'em all
Want to expand our racing next year....... ;)

MistaMonsta
05-08-2005, 12:19 PM
Didge,
Same happened after I was knocked off my bike. But I asked if the driver could be offered the chance of going on an advanced driving course, instead of the conviction (I've done some advenced driver training so know how valuable it is). The CPS sent a letter to her stating that I had asked for this and not them (they couldn't force her to take the course). She accepted and I eventually got a letter from the CPS telling me she had completed the course.
Result: (a) one better driver on the road and one less bike-hater. (b) May help with any court compensation claim as you have proved that you are being more than reasonable. (c) You won't have to spend time going to court.

Hope you get sorted soon.

Ian
PS not been around for a while - is this Ducati-red plaster cast a UKMOC special offer?

Fodder
06-08-2005, 05:49 PM
Good news mate.
You want a 1000SS you do, that'll sort your wrist out with it's very comfortable riding position ;) :D

Seen the new Buell? Just appeared over here, similar concept to the
multistrada. I like it.

http://www.buell.com/en_us/bikes_gear/ulysses/xb12x/index.asp

Take care old man, rest up. ;)

Didge
06-08-2005, 05:55 PM
Good news mate.
You want a 1000SS you do, that'll sort your wrist out with it's very comfortable riding position ;) :D

Seen the new Buell? Just appeared over here, similar concept to the
multistrada. I like it.

http://www.buell.com/en_us/bikes_gear/ulysses/xb12x/index.asp

Take care old man, rest up. ;)

Cheers Fods. The cast comes off next Thursday, so the wrist can be checked. I don't know what will happen then, as it still gives a lot of pain when I accidently twist or turn it in certain ways. Never mind.
How's my mate, ample-bosomed Collie these days?

scrumpster
06-08-2005, 07:34 PM
CPS hmmmmmmm CR*P PROSECUTION SERVICE - seriously, I hope they come up with the goods for you Didge, and it was good to see you both again Sunday :D

Phoenix
08-08-2005, 11:10 PM
........I have just recieved a letter from Surrey Police, which states that they have referred the matter to the CPS with a recommendation to prosecute Mrs ****** for driving without due care and attention..

Excellent :)