PDA

View Full Version : I'm Selling Me Monster..............

Didge
03-08-2005, 05:31 PM
.........because I'm not gonna be riding her for too long a time due to my injuries. I'd rather flog her, than have her standing around for ages.
Details in the 'For Sale' section.
So if anyone her wants a nice M900 (1999), or knows someone who wants a Monster, you now know where to look.

Paranoid Dave
03-08-2005, 07:00 PM
i know you don't want it to sit and rot, but are you really gonna be off bikes for that long, or for ever? You cant be thinking about giving up, or is it just the twice in two years... scary moment. I thought you liked brown trouser moments?

If you still want a monster and just cant ride for a year, then wrap her up nicely, get her clean (pay someone if you cant get down there) start her up once a week, then next year you'll just need to oil and fuel her and hey presto. If you sold one you'd have a hard job to find another as nice next year for the money.

Whatever you do, so long as you stay on here, and more importantly come to arrow mill, it just wouldn't be the same without you.

D

Mand
03-08-2005, 07:04 PM
Awwwww Didge, don't go! Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeee!!

:(

BoozyBOB
03-08-2005, 07:31 PM
Bad wrist..Bad feet...and a knock on the head... :confused:
Didge me ol' chum are you sure about this.. ;)

Plum
03-08-2005, 07:41 PM
I have looked into this at work (as i work in a legal firm) and there is a law that says you cant do that. The UKMOC and the Weekender will be richer for air quality, but poorer for the legend that is 'Didge'.

I would rather suffer the putrid,vile stench you deliver on demand, (which is handy when theres a queue at the bar), than lose one of the reasons i came to the weekender.

So thats it youre staying! No arguements!Okay?

BTW. Has the cast survived the air polloution at Chateau Didge? If so, maybe you could flog the idea and principles to a Moto GP team. I light and strong as **** frame! And you would have a job for life! ;)

Didge
03-08-2005, 07:54 PM
My wrist injury is too severe for me to (personally) contemplate riding a big bike for some time. I just don't want to push things too much.
I do get a lot of pain with it, and I know that it ain't gonna be right for some time.
I do need to get a (400cc or there-abouts), twist and go sometime in the future, so that I can get to work, but for the time being, a big bike with a clutch is a no-no.
I've loved this Monster, but there's plenty more about.
Don't worry peeps, this particular bike will go, but I won't.

CK & AK
03-08-2005, 08:13 PM
Didge! :eek:

one word, my smelly chum..

NO!

steviej
03-08-2005, 08:37 PM
....................bloody'ell Didgemon. You can't!!!!!! :eek: :eek:

Didge
03-08-2005, 08:51 PM
It's sold.
A mate from work phoned me as soon as he heard. It's going to a good home, and he'd still like the tail-chopped if poss, JMo.

fatbloke
03-08-2005, 09:32 PM
Bloody hell Didge its the end of an era
I really dont know what to say Its a sad day
for me and UKMOC.

Didge
03-08-2005, 09:39 PM
Bloody hell Didge its the end of an era
I really dont know what to say Its a sad day
for me and UKMOC.

Terry, I'm not going anywhere mate. read my reply here:-

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=13625

McMONSTRO
03-08-2005, 10:58 PM
Sorry to hear you're selling Didge, just make sure you're "primed up" for next year!

McMonstro

claicerrig
03-08-2005, 11:53 PM
Paid ar mynd Didge :eek:

Rhydw i yn cochi ddi :(

Aros yma gyda ni dy ffrindyiau :)

Who else will i have to trade Engish / Welsh banter with then :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

But i do know where your are comming from old mate.
When they removed my guts and gave me the extra 2 exits
Riding a Jap crotch rocket lost all its appeal for a while :o
Cleaning the leathers along with the bike was no fun :eek:

But the upside is i discovered the MONSTER and a bunch or friends called UKMOC life has never been better :D

So take your time get really fit well and healthy and then go out and buy another ( 4 valves and water cooled of course :p )

Clai

MilesB
04-08-2005, 09:37 AM
It's sold.
A mate from work phoned me as soon as he heard. It's going to a good home, and he'd still like the tail-chopped if poss, JMo.
Sad news mate :( although I can understand your point of view.

Presumably the new owner of the "Didge-mobile" (or Po-Ped :D ) will be joining the ranks of the UKMOC?

By the way, has this car of Jan's got air-conditioning :rolleyes: :D

Miles

Nonnie
04-08-2005, 09:57 AM
Hey Didge, well, one Monster goes but another will be in it's place when you're ready.

Or I could take the opposite view and say "I'm riding with a fecking fractured wrist what the hell is your problem??!!"

I was luckier if I can be in that I broke my right wrist whereas you've done your left which apparently is harder to get back to tip top because of the clutch. Take care mate xx