PDA

View Full Version : Battery - maybe short?

Taman
02-08-2005, 11:14 AM
Hi guys,

Took my bike to the shop to get it MOTed the other day, everything seemed to be fine. He was busy so gave him the keys and popped round the corner to get a coffee. When I came back, he said it wouldn't start.

On investigation, the battery was totally flat. Now this battery is less than a year old and the bike was starting perfectly every time. He said it even started fine when he fired her up outside the shop, but took her inside and wouldn't start.

Seems very strange that the battery could die so quickly. In general the bike seemed to be running fine. The only funny thing I can think of is that it seems to have a bit of a hiccup around 3000rpm when accelerating.

Best, Taman

fluffy
02-08-2005, 12:53 PM
I parked my mini outside a shop, popped in for a can of coke, came out....not even a warning light. The AA man said the battery was totally dead. So i guess it can happen. Was the battery totally dead, like mine, or just too flat to turn over the bike..?

Taman
02-08-2005, 01:57 PM
totally dead. Said he couldn't get it to hold a charge and has ordered another battery. Maybe it's just one of those strange things. Just wasn't sure whether it was suspicious or a sign of another problem!