PDA

View Full Version : Evening ride out Weds 3rd August

Duncan
02-08-2005, 11:04 AM
Anyone interested, there is a bikers nite at Red Hart, Blaisdon, Forest of Dean on Wednesday night and a few of us are riding over.

Last bikers night there were over 300 bikes at Wainlodes and some nice machinery.

For all of you interested in making the gentle trip into the Forest.

Leave Downend Shell 6.30pm.
DEPART motorway roundabout by M48 Severn View services at 7pm
Pick up anyone from Welsh side at 7.15 just outside Chepstow racecourse. Mrs Soup on her S2R and Fluffy on the Superlight are threatening to join us.

Then its into the depths of the Forest.................................

Weathers goonna be good so no excuses. If you cant make the start, then join us later at the pub.

Duncan

Mark Walker
02-08-2005, 02:46 PM
Well I could be interested in another ride out seeing as the weather is looking good! Would plan to meet you at downend, to make it a nice long round trip from Cheltenham, but won't say for definite as we are going to the hospital for our 20 week baby scan Wednesday afternoon, and obviosuly things will depnd on how long that takes and how well it goes......

Duncan
02-08-2005, 03:13 PM
Good luck with the scan Mark. Remember mum comes 1st and all that.

Old Severn Bridge would be easier for you, A38 from South of Gloucester then turn down at Tockington or Thornbury for Aust which is where services are. Great road from Thornbury and if you speak nicely to JR, you have to ride past his house................

Mark Walker
02-08-2005, 03:30 PM
Thanks Duncan. My sister was due to have her kiddy a week before us, but they could not find a heartbeat at her 20 week scan on Friday and she lost the baby, so things are understandably fraught at the moment, and Natasha is pretty wound up....

If everything is okay though, I shall pop along.....not sure which route to take, so perhaps if Jim is reading this he might want to meet up on the way to meet with the rest of the riders.......it is probably not best to leave me to my own devices or I am likely to end up in the New Forest...........

Are you going to join the ride Jim???

JR
02-08-2005, 04:34 PM
Yep,

Just flown in from a weekend in Rome, not been on the bike for nearly 4 days, so getting withdrawal cramps. I could meet you along the A38 from Junc 14 of the M5 signposted Thornbury direction.

JR

Mark Walker
03-08-2005, 07:24 AM
Right, in case I get lost (which is a distinct possibility) and in case I can't make it, I shall PM you my mobile number and if you could do the same then nothing can go wrong. I shall probably come down the M5 then and take exit 14 so if you hang around somewhere around there I amk sure we will find each other.......may be coming down with Andy Pea, just going to confirm with him........

So (hopefully) see you later!

Mark

JR
03-08-2005, 08:07 AM
Mark,

Junc 14 is fine, take the signs for Thornbury - I will meet you along the A38 at 1845hrs.

JR

Mark Walker
03-08-2005, 08:09 AM
Are you not planning to meet up at downend or just head up to blaisdon? Perhaps meet them over the river? Sorry I am easily confused........but that time is fine!

Duncan
03-08-2005, 09:32 AM
JR is saying he will meet you along the A38 heading South from J14 of the M5. PM each other to arrange a place.

JR and you will then meet us at Severn view because its more direct a route for both of you and the road from Thornbury to the bridge is excellent for a bit of scratching. In contrast the route from mine to the bridge is dual carriageway and motorway, not too exciting at all.

Mark Walker
03-08-2005, 09:59 AM
'tis done! Have also confirmed with Andy Pea, so there will be three of us when we catch up with you!

How many others are you expecting?

fluffy
03-08-2005, 10:46 PM
Thanks to Duncan for a simply spiffing rideout this evening. It's good to put some faces to names, find a pub Duncan hasn't been to, see a motorcycle with sat-nav, and scare some sheep.

Mark Walker
04-08-2005, 08:05 AM
but not necessarily in that order.........

Excellent ride, cheers Duncan!

Fredcat
04-08-2005, 11:40 AM
Good to see so many out for an evening run.

Sorry i had to leave early, wife was winging for chocolate!!!!

Fred GS1150 :D

NattyBoy
04-08-2005, 12:03 PM
Sorry to hijack this..Mark..I think Andy pea may be coming to the IOW jaunt sunday..you fancy it ??

Nat

Mark Walker
04-08-2005, 12:06 PM
he did mention it and I do fancy it, but unfortunately I am off to visit me mam and it'll be me birthday as well, so the day has all been planned out for me.......sounds like it would be fun though! I'm also up early on the Monday to take Natasha on holiday, so I don't think she will be too keen to let me out playing the night before!!!!

Have a good one though......

JR
04-08-2005, 12:26 PM
What a brilliant evening. I am sure Duncan will be along later with a full report, chest bursting with pride at such a good turnout. (he didnt know the pub - now that is a first!).

JR

Duncan
04-08-2005, 08:01 PM
What a brilliant evening. I am sure Duncan will be along later with a full report, chest bursting with pride at such a good turnout. (he didnt know the pub - now that is a first!).

JR

What a great turn out, 12 bikes of which 1 was an R6, one was a GS1150 with sat nav (thank god), one a Triumph Daytona, a 900SS, a 900 Superlight, and seven Monsters.

Now I had never been to this pub before which surprised one or two people. After a great scratch along the Wye Valley and through the Forest of Dean, narrowly avoiding a flock of sheep on the road, my navigational skills made me miss the junction. Admittedly it was a lane with grass down the middle and no signs on the end but BMW's with sat nav do have a use and we got there.

Pub was great, must have been 200 bikes there, real nice feel about the place and would go there again.

Ride home was punctuated with garage stops looking for a tail light bulb for Caroline but after finding 3 garages without bulbs, and a few more closed.....finally Severn Bridge services came up trumps.

Next week is Moreton in Marsh for another bike night meeting at the Waggon 7pm.

andy pea
04-08-2005, 08:12 PM
Top fun! Good to finally meet some of you chaps and a good blast too, though got a bit freaked when a huge GS1150 appeared in me mirrors, making it's way to the front of the group to tell us we'd overshot the turning to the pub! GPS rocks!

ap

ps- Mark, thanks for leading down to Thornbury

pps- JR, too fast for me mate! :eek:

ppps- Nattyboy, new tyres booked for saturday (only standard diablos :o ) so still ok to meet on sunday?

Mrs Soup
04-08-2005, 09:22 PM
What a thoroughly pleasant evening......I enjoyed it so much I went back and did most of the route again today !!

And I got paid expenses to do it ;)