PDA

View Full Version : Help I Need A Left Hooker

lord vader
28-07-2005, 05:42 PM
Not a punch or a lady of ill repute but a left hand drive car!
Why you ask!
Well my Brother Richard (also a Sith Lord) and I are planning a little trip.
We are both heavily involved in Scouting and in 2007 we will be Celebrating 100 years of Scouting. I can allready hear the crys of DYB DYB DYB, DOB DOB DOB.
You will all over the country see loads planned in 2007 for us to ram Scouting firmly into the Press and thoughts of all.
Well We need a LHD car beacause.
We intend to Take part in the Plymouth to Dakar Rally! also known as the Ultimate Banger Race. We need to purchase a LHD vehicle for no more than £100 and £15 modification then Rally it 7000km from Plymouth to Banjul in the Gambia just below Dakar where the car will be auctioned for Gambian Charaties. We also hope to raise serious cash and publicity for Scouting.
It is Planned for Jan 2007 and we are in the initial stages of forming a plan but i open the forum for you to offer any gems of wisdom or let me know if you happen to have a LHD 4x4 super jeep going for nothing in your back shed.
Cheers for reading!

A Yerbury
28-07-2005, 05:47 PM
I am heavily into girl guides......That sounds like a lot of fun though, some friends of mine did the deserts on honda c90s (and yes one of them was little Huggy as featured in last weeks MCN) why not try ebay worldwide and pick up something cheap in france? make a booze cruise out of it (assuming scouts drink of course)

lord vader
28-07-2005, 05:55 PM
Yeah were toying with the whole booze cruize with a flatbed trailer on the back idea. Plus i've got to brush up on the old lingo cause most of the west african counties speak french i believe. Ebay is good but with 150 teams looking for a motor its the first place to look also alot of them are sports vehicles and far from cheap.
Have a thought up my sleeve of convincing a Motor manufacturer or dealer to Sell me a New motor for £100 as a charity thang but probably a little optamisitc.
worried about how heavily your into Girl Guides though!!! Ive met some that could Kickstart Helecoptors... (scary)

A Yerbury
28-07-2005, 06:00 PM
true, the French are Dakar bonkers (another reason why I adore them) I still think that would be easier than sourcing a cheap one here though. Hey, it's a big country, they won't all be buying them up??

Axel.