rich
28-07-2005, 04:48 PM
Hey :)

Just got a notice from Whiltshire constabulary

asking me to send my licence back to them and they will give me back

my fixed penalty payment !!

and remove the points imposed !!!!

" in the interest of fairness" :p

Got them on the a303 some time back (temp 40 limit for roadworks)

so :lol: :lol: :lol:

fluffy
28-07-2005, 04:53 PM
"you lucky lucky bastard" (said in best monty python voice of course)

Little Monster
28-07-2005, 10:09 PM
why? did you argue it or summut?

PaulS
28-07-2005, 10:26 PM
It was on the news last week. Apparently the signage in the temporary limit didn't obey the guidelines so somebody challenged their ticket and the authorities have decided to do the decent thing and inform all the other people affected. If you have suffered any knock on effects, such as loss of license, increased insurance premiums, etc... then you would apparently have a good case for compensation over and above the return of the fine and removal of the endorsement. Apparently this sort of thing happens quite frequently but the authorities don't usually own up unless challenged and then don't publicise it to any others affected.

rich
29-07-2005, 08:33 AM
It was on the news last week. Apparently the signage in the temporary limit didn't obey the guidelines so somebody challenged their ticket and the authorities have decided to do the decent thing and inform all the other people affected. If you have suffered any knock on effects, such as loss of license, increased insurance premiums, etc... then you would apparently have a good case for compensation over and above the return of the fine and removal of the endorsement. Apparently this sort of thing happens quite frequently but the authorities don't usually own up unless challenged and then don't publicise it to any others affected.

thanks for this info.
I had no idear why,just happy to get the points back

rich