PDA

View Full Version : That'll be why it's kak then...

Nonnie
28-07-2005, 04:26 PM
My cast has been off for 6 weeks now, I've been driving, riding, doing all the usual things, it hurts a bit but, well, I figured it was par for the course. Went to see the consultant on Tuesday who was concerned at the lack of mobility so he sent me off for an x ray. It appears I still have a fracture!!! WTF?

Going to leave it for 6 more weeks to see if anymore mobility returns, if not, I hate to think, probably a rebreaking and pinning episode. But, at least by then I will have got most of the Summer out of the way and especially the mini weekender at Heacham Sands. Priorities eh?

One fracture sure beats the approximate 8 I had before! :o

mad_turnips
28-07-2005, 04:28 PM
ever thought about moving closer to the hospital? lol

Nonnie
28-07-2005, 04:30 PM
I already do! Good job eh? I'm on first name terms with the ladies at the fracture clinic.

A Yerbury
28-07-2005, 04:46 PM
I am on nickname terms with the ladies down the clinic.

Nonnie
28-07-2005, 05:01 PM
hmmmmm

alex yeewwbury

A Yerbury
28-07-2005, 05:52 PM
Yummmm! Alex Grrrrrrbury surely?

Verysexylexy.xxx

ps. Proper nouns get capitalised next time please Naomi.

Nonnie
28-07-2005, 06:09 PM
Only, if it is at all possible, that you become grammatically correct.

A Yerbury
28-07-2005, 06:15 PM
Never!!! Camels through the eyes of needles and all that....

Alex.
but seriously -adopts concerned nee parental bedside manner- sorry to hear about your snap, both Sellers and myself were hoping you would be at the thing this Saturday.

Didge
28-07-2005, 06:32 PM
Nonnie, am I right in remembering, that unlike my fracture, yours was only reset and not actually operated on?
Yet was it not the case that the first hospital you went to, they said it may need pinning?
If that's the case, your hospital haven't looked at it as closely as they should.
Maybe I've got these facts wrong?

Nonnie
28-07-2005, 07:28 PM
Well, Didge, the first hospital I went to was the local one to the Mini Moto who took x rays and said it was broken but they couldn't do anything about it as it was only a cottage hospital type thing so they just stuck it as it was into a half cast (and pumped me full of pethidine!! Wahey! And if I remember rightly, I think I told lots of people how much I loved them that day!) to get me onto the next hospital which was Warwick. But at the cottage hospital they said it looked like an operation jobbie. At Warwick they were debating whether to manipulate or pin. He opted to manipulate. When I got home, I went to my hospital and they took more x rays and said it was OK. I had another x ray taken the following week and they said the bones were starting to fuse so it was OK. They didn't take another x ray not even before they took the cast off, which surprised me, but, hey, what do I know. Now this x ray has been done 6 weeks after losing the cast and it's still kak. Or did I fracture it again after?

Oh and Mr Yeewwbury, I do intend to be there on Saturday. It just means it may take me a little longer than most. I take a lot of cigarette breaks en route these days!

Richard_S
28-07-2005, 07:32 PM
so come on then crazy head are you in or are you out? I am a man with little patience this evening. Oh and as a final jab what’s your view on opening a bottle of bubbly whilst alone? I care little for the done thing but I am open for argument.

ps hello as well x

Nonnie
28-07-2005, 07:35 PM
Whoa Richie! So many questions. Shall we start again? Hello my name is.......

I am in, I was always in, I'm not out.

Ref the bubbly, impeccable taste but I would not get out any glasses on account of nobody to impress with the crystalware. A straw would be fine. Less to wash up. But I bet you got a fancy pants dishwasher.

A Yerbury
28-07-2005, 07:37 PM
Open it now, this is no dress rehearsal and there is nothing -for the single gent- more satisfying than a pint of bubbles.

Nonnie
28-07-2005, 07:41 PM
Have the whole lot! I would. I've done it before and ate most of the turkey at Christmas.

Richard_S
28-07-2005, 07:49 PM
Glad you'll be bringing your wounded limbs, we may be able to secure some up close and personal parking at the local Morrison’s. Its all about the perks.

oh and a girl with that kind of honesty turns me into a bit rubbery one. From one dirty monkey to another I am expert in the art of demolition. and birds with feathers. I am a bad man etc.

ciao for now

ps. good answers x

A Yerbury
28-07-2005, 07:54 PM
yesterday I had "Organic chocolate and champagne fudge" ....so delicious that I was comatose for seven hours, it took three sacks of ladies unwashed undergarments and 5.000 volts to eventually bring me round.
Sid.xxx
ps. made by the "three choirs" vineyard, they have a website (probably)