PDA

View Full Version : Why Me?

Ewan620
28-07-2005, 02:05 PM
Have had my monster now for a little over a year but one thing is really beginning to wind me up. Yesterday for the THIRD time since I have owned the bike the bevel and glass on the tacho has cracked. arrrgh. :mad: . Has anybody else had this problem and is there a fix? Also yet again i am on the hunt for a replacement glass as im not a huge fan of replacing the whole clock unit at a cost of £320 :eek: . Ducati leeds were the stars last time as the gave me a glass for free with a set of bar ends i bought from them.

I'm just hoping that she isn't getting jealous cos i might be upgrading to a bigger bike fairly soon.

Ewan

rich
28-07-2005, 04:22 PM
Hi there

Not shure if he does the glass ,but he might know where etc

http://www.spareshack.com/

good luck

rich

A Yerbury
28-07-2005, 04:51 PM
could you not get a piece cut?

cheeky monkey
28-07-2005, 05:11 PM
get some perspex cut then it wouldnt crack again

skunk43
28-07-2005, 05:22 PM
My Rev counter glass is also cracked,(Strangely enough I noticed it on my way home after being parked in Edinburgh) there was condensate inside the glass and when it cleared in the sun I noticed a crack in the centre of the rev counter.Put it down to vandals :mad: , kids with football ??????????????? maybe there is someone in Edinburgh who doesnt like monsters !!!!!!!!!!!
Possibly a problem related to cold glass/hot sun ?????? any answers. :confused:

A Yerbury
28-07-2005, 05:36 PM
who would commit such a heinous act? I suggest employing one of those maps, similar to the ones featured in "cracker" you know, with coloured pins detailing the location of each fractured dial?

bod
28-07-2005, 06:18 PM
Can't see why the plasic/perspex would crack as the clock assembley is mounted on rubber mounts.
Are you sure it isn't vandal's?

A Yerbury
28-07-2005, 06:25 PM
It's sv owning ninjas with a jealousy thing going on Bod and they must be stopped (IMO)

he's right though, and so is the other one and so was I but not as much...whack a bit of perspex in there. Job done.