PDA

View Full Version : Top 10: Worst excuses for speeding...

Chappers
26-07-2005, 09:49 AM
The Northumbria Safety Camera Partnership has released what it believes to be the definitive list of bizarre excuses for getting caught speeding.

These extravagant excuses include alien hypnosis, low-flying aircraft, a dying hamster and bouts of diarrhoea. Here is the top 10:

1) I had passed out after seeing flashing lights, which I believed to be UFOs in the distance. The flash of the camera brought me round from my trance.

2) I was in the airport's flight path and I believe the camera was triggered by a jet overhead, not my car.

3) I had a severe bout of diarrhoea and had to speed to a public toilet.

4) There was a strong wind behind my car, which pushed me over the limit.

5) My friend had just chopped his fingers off and I was rushing the fingers to hospital.

6) The vibrations from the surfboard I had on the roof rack set off the camera.

7) I had to rush my dying hamster to the vets.

8) A violent sneeze caused a chain reaction where my foot pushed down harder on the accelerator.

9) There was a suspected case of foot and mouth and I had to rush to see the cow concerned.

10) The only way I could demonstrate my faulty clutch was to accelerate madly.

dlloyduk
26-07-2005, 10:53 AM
Scotty, Its our patch so which one's yours?

Chappers
26-07-2005, 11:24 AM
I go to court 17th Aug and still not sure what reason to give for doing 108mph?

Do I tell the truth and say it's coz I was very late for Fathers Day dinner or do I come up with something more plausible :confused: ?

dlloyduk
26-07-2005, 11:32 AM
Deffo number 7! :D

Pedro
26-07-2005, 12:16 PM
Be honest, tell them you got carried away, that you regret it and you've learned yer lesson. I think you'll still get banned but be humble don't bullsh*t them and they might be kinder

fluffy
26-07-2005, 12:30 PM
I go to court 17th Aug and still not sure what reason to give for doing 108mph?

Do I tell the truth and say it's coz I was very late for Fathers Day dinner or do I come up with something more plausible :confused: ?

try this one....

"I saw my stolen trailer (caravan, etc etc) pass me on the other carriageway and I was getting to the next exit as soon as possible to do a U turn and give chase".....then look guilty and very contrite.

typically only works on motorways. Not to be used when you've just gone past a school at 95mph.

bod
26-07-2005, 07:11 PM
"I was high on speed and didn't realise what speed I was doing?"
And my dealer was closing soon :confused:

Or just eat humble pie and take the results.

Scotty
26-07-2005, 08:47 PM
i think the trick is to actually look sorry, blatently lie about needing licence to keep job but then also be truthfull about being bad as it were

funnly enough my mind was a blank when i was caught

The Kevlar Kid
27-07-2005, 11:35 AM
How about the excuse the police use...

"I was familiarising myself with the car...." :D

What's good for the goose and all that....