PDA

View Full Version : Front screen forsale

M600TED
25-07-2005, 05:50 AM
http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1586/cornwallholiday2125vh.jpg

Pre 2000 model screen in great condition so make me a sensible offer and its yours :)
lee.edwards1071@ntlworld.com

MilesB
25-07-2005, 07:44 AM
Hmmm :rolleyes:

A screen for my Dark? :cool:

You state that pre 2000 model, but looks like it has the standard 'universal' headlight bolt mounts so should fit a post 2000 bike too?

What make is it? and how much do these things cost new?
(I'll bet it's far less than a Ducati faring :o )

Expressing an interest...

Miles

ChrisM
25-07-2005, 09:08 AM
Hi these screens cost £50 from most bike shops, so you could grab a bargain. This used to be my screen and I bought it for a 2001 monster with the indicators mounted in the headlight bracket. The problem I had was that the indicators got in the way when trying to angle the screen.

Hope this helps and I can also confirm that its in almost new condition with no marks.

Thanks

Chris

MilesB
25-07-2005, 09:49 AM
Hi these screens cost £50 from most bike shops, so you could grab a bargain. This used to be my screen and I bought it for a 2001 monster with the indicators mounted in the headlight bracket. The problem I had was that the indicators got in the way when trying to angle the screen.

Hope this helps and I can also confirm that its in almost new condition with no marks.
Chris
No probs Chris - I had similar interference problems when I fitted a screen on my Bandit... nothing a hacksaw on the screen mounts can't sort :rolleyes:

Miles

MilesB
06-08-2005, 04:57 PM
Lee - Screen received and in-situ - looks great :cool: .

Chris - Had to fettle some old brackets to make it fit properly :rolleyes: Looks like it was a Fabrini screen - but someone removed the labels :confused:

Was going to post some pictures, but will have to reduce the size before the forum will let me.

Miles

ChrisM
06-08-2005, 05:02 PM
Hi sorry it was me who removed the badges, they never sat straight. Glad you got it to fit. I never quite liked the fit and it hid my carbon performance clocks.

Post a pic when you get a chance.

MilesB
06-08-2005, 05:27 PM
Lee - Screen received and in-situ - looks great :cool: .
Was going to post some pictures, but will have to reduce the size before the forum will let me.
Pictures of screen in-situ

MilesB
06-08-2005, 05:29 PM
Chris - Had to fettle some old brackets to make it fit properly :rolleyes:
And the 'new' brackets - actually these are the ones from my old screen (which I got for free) trimmed and put on backwards :rolleyes: