PDA

View Full Version : Why...........

Didge
23-07-2005, 06:22 PM
.....are there so many of you wasting time in front of your 'puters on this lovely evening, instead of being on yer bloody bikes?
I have a 'Nonnied' (broken) wrist, so I have an excuse. You lot on the other hand...................

Mand
23-07-2005, 06:32 PM
Because I am a sad b*stard. I should be work tonight but I feel like ****e and I going to have an early night because I am going to Donington tomorrow.

Fed up Mand :(

Macca
23-07-2005, 06:47 PM
Because I am a sad b*stard. I should be work tonight but I feel like ****e and I going to have an early night because I am going to Donington tomorrow.

Fed up Mand :(

Could be worse Mand - You could feel like S**t and still be at work (they do pay me a lot mind :cool:

Currently going to Donnington tomorrow is the only thing getting me through...

Macca

Mand
23-07-2005, 06:52 PM
Could be worse Mand - You could feel like S**t and still be at work (they do pay me a lot mind :cool:

Currently going to Donnington tomorrow is the only thing getting me through...

Macca

Lucky you. I don't get paid for being sick. :( I'm praying I feel better for tomorrow.
Plenty of sleep should do the trick!

Nonnie
24-07-2005, 09:12 AM
Hello Didge!

Well, I wasn't out yesterday as I went to the zoo with the kids and it were great!

Now it's the summer holidays I won't be out too much but just as soon as I kit out the oldest, she'll be pillion while the younger two enjoy the climate in the southern hemisphere for 3 weeks!

Hope your Nonnie'd (I must say, I do slightly object to this) wrist is doing ok. I can now jump on the bike and ride for about an hour tops before I have to get off and give the kakked out duff thing a stretch. It's not as painful as it was unless I do something stupid (which, yeah, is quite often) and I'm hoping the mobility in it isn't all there will ever be. I think you're better off having it pinned as at least you know it's gonna be in the right place. Emily's Driver says mine looks like an S bend!

Love to Jan and take it easy
xx

Didge
24-07-2005, 12:00 PM
Hello Didge!
Hope your Nonnie'd (I must say, I do slightly object to this) wrist is doing ok.
Love to Jan and take it easy
xx

Nonnie, you may object (slightly or otherwise) as much as you like, but if I have my way, the term a 'Nonnie'd' wrist will be in common useage, at least in this club, when referring to breakage of said wrist.
In fact, I hopefully will ensure that the term is recorded in the Oxford Dictionary by the end of the decade.
Just think of the fame. Coversations such as "I got wiped out on my bike last week. I got a busted knee, and a nonnied wrist, so I should be in for some nice compo at least.", should be common-place among the biking fraternity.
You will thank me in the future.
Didge XX

Paranoid Dave
24-07-2005, 12:15 PM
Nonnie, if you had broken it in private in any other way, maybe things would be different. But do it in front of an audience, while leading a mini moto race, in spectacular fashion, caught on video, at the monster weekend, with helicopter rescue...

Nonnie
24-07-2005, 02:16 PM
Well, putting it like that, you two, I suppose I may as well bask in the glory of one of the most embarrassing stupidly unfortunately scary days of my life!

but, hey, I could be notorious I suppose. I may get used to it, I may thank you in the future, but it's not likely, is it?

DesmoDog
24-07-2005, 05:29 PM
I was out, it was bloody freezing oop North, probably on 18 or so. Nice though.

Plum
25-07-2005, 08:39 AM
I was in no fit state to ride..........mates came around, forced me to drink large quantities of alcohol until i was sick! Some mates eh!?

BTW Didge. My mate had his ar$e liberated from its seat on Saturday by a holidaymaker. Hes not to badly hurt, but the bike is in a mess..........its a suzuki too.

spacemonkey
25-07-2005, 08:45 PM
'cos I was flyfishing in the sea at Worbarrow bay, pulling in the pollack and mackkies. Needs a very strong wrist action that one does...

Didge
25-07-2005, 08:58 PM
'cos I was flyfishing in the sea at Worbarrow bay, pulling in the pollack and mackkies. Needs a very strong wrist action that one does...

Talking about wrist action, it's fortunate that the wrist I need for 'action', is still able to reciprocate well, and it was only my left one that was well and truly Nonnie'd.

spacemonkey
26-07-2005, 06:15 PM
Oh the joys of ambidextrosity.....