PDA

View Full Version : For Race Use Only

Macca
23-07-2005, 05:33 PM
My "Friend" has got a nice new pair of Termi's for his lovely bike - If he wanted to be rid of the dreaded "For Race Use Only" stamp which is on one of the can's, what would be the best way to do this?

Should I, I mean he, just try polishing it out?

Or would something like a dremil be better????

Cheers

Macca

Paranoid Dave
23-07-2005, 05:39 PM
What you, erm I mean HE could do is polish the living hell out of it if the marks are shallow. Anyone questioning 'legal' cans will only have a point to argue if there is evidence of tampering with the 'race use' marks so do a good job. Otherwise can you not get a little metal plate with a ducati logo or something and rivet it over the top :D

slob
23-07-2005, 06:02 PM
Termi sticker, about a fiver on eBay.

Macca
23-07-2005, 06:45 PM
Termi sticker, about a fiver on eBay.

Just to clarify - The "For Race Use Only" is on the metal rim at the end of the can - not on the main body so I don't think that a sticker will be any good (unless I'm missing something obvious)

Cheers

Macca

PaulS
23-07-2005, 08:15 PM
If the cans your friend has are the type that are held together by steel bands pop riveted to the cans, and the offending words are stamped onto the band, then I believe it is possible to replace the bands with blank ones. There are some on e-bay that have the BS marks stamped on them but I wouldn't advise your friend to attach these to his cand as it would be illegal. As they come flat I guess he could attach them so that the marks were on the inside. Can Bands (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=25623&item=7987215615&rd=1)

slob
23-07-2005, 09:36 PM
I'll get my coat then.

Macca
25-07-2005, 09:51 AM
If the cans your friend has are the type that are held together by steel bands pop riveted to the cans, and the offending words are stamped onto the band, then I believe it is possible to replace the bands with blank ones. There are some on e-bay that have the BS marks stamped on them but I wouldn't advise your friend to attach these to his cand as it would be illegal. As they come flat I guess he could attach them so that the marks were on the inside. Can Bands (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=25623&item=7987215615&rd=1)

Good Man :)

spacemonkey
25-07-2005, 08:53 PM
Well, as long as he is racing around the Queen's Highway then surely they will be ok then?