PDA

View Full Version : My personal breakthrough....

Lady-Bob
22-07-2005, 10:37 PM
After finally washing my 'cat' for the first time in 2 years on return from the Weekender.... i have now personally changed my brakepads back & front... all on my little lonesome!!! (and I only needed the 4lb clubhammer once! :rolleyes: ) never changed brake pads before :o !!

Most of you would think this really is nothing... but for me at the moment ... this is a major acheivement .

Today was a good day;)

Plum
22-07-2005, 11:32 PM
Well done Bob! You have every reason to be chuffed. I dont even change my pads, coz i just dont feel confident enough.

L

slob
23-07-2005, 05:47 AM
After finally washing my 'cat' for the first time in 2 years on return from the Weekender.... i have now personally changed my brakepads back & front... all on my little lonesome!!! (and I only needed the 4lb clubhammer once! :rolleyes: ) never changed brake pads before :o !!

Most of you would think this really is nothing... but for me at the moment ... this is a major acheivement .

Today was a good day;)
Don't forget to take it a bit easy while they bed-in.

Lost Again
25-07-2005, 11:59 AM
I fitted a new choke cable the other day. took a wee bit longer than I thought as I ended up removing the seat, tank, battery, ignition barrel, moved all the coils and ignition packs, then finally the airbox/battery box. Just to get at the damn carbs! Still, all good practice for the winter when the whole bike goes into lots of little boxs for a while. Now where did I put that haynes........

mad_turnips
25-07-2005, 12:27 PM
Plum

am back in jersey for the whole of sunny september if you want i can give you a hand?

Plum
25-07-2005, 12:59 PM
Plum

am back in jersey for the whole of sunny september if you want i can give you a hand?

It will more than likely be done by then (along with a new clutch :( ) but hey wot a perfect excuse for a pint or 7...........unless of course you dont drink!?

Have you got family here?

Lady-Bob
25-07-2005, 01:06 PM
Don't forget to take it a bit easy while they bed-in.

I usually try not to use 'em Slob :twisted:

Plum
25-07-2005, 01:09 PM

Damn right. There is always something in front to stop you...........like a car!!!

So when can i bring the bike over Helen so you can do mine!? :D

slob
25-07-2005, 01:12 PM
Given the 200 odd miles we did on Saturday, I think they're bedded in by now!

mad_turnips
25-07-2005, 01:16 PM
yes alot of family more than i know

most definatly consuption of alcohol maby take the bikes for a spin aswell ( not after drinking ofcource) most often fequent Chambers ( even thoght they dont have much in the way of Ale

is your monny the one in minden place car park very often?

Lady-Bob
25-07-2005, 01:20 PM
Damn right. There is always something in front to stop you...........like a car!!!

So when can i bring the bike over Helen so you can do mine!? :D

are you getting fresh with me Plum?! :eek: or a you really only talking about the brake pads!!!!! ;)

Plum
25-07-2005, 01:41 PM
are you getting fresh with me Plum?! :eek: or a you really only talking about the brake pads!!!!! ;)

Am i getting fresh with you!? You were obviously under the influence of something when we met at the weekender.......your not fussy then. But if you want me to continue to 'get fresh' best we conduct this over PM.

So when can i come over?
:D

Plum
25-07-2005, 01:42 PM
yes alot of family more than i know

most definatly consuption of alcohol maby take the bikes for a spin aswell ( not after drinking ofcource) most often fequent Chambers ( even thoght they dont have much in the way of Ale

is your monny the one in minden place car park very often?

I wouldnt park me monnie in any car park here mate. Are you bringing the bike over with you?