PDA

View Full Version : Monster 620ie Wanted

jill
22-07-2005, 03:13 PM
Anyone, anyone?

Preferably 2002 or thereabouts, not modded (or can be returned to standard for insurance reasons), sub 15,000 miles, FSH, any colour, clean and tidy.

Not many on Autotrader or MCN for sensible money from private sellers - traders are more realistic apparently! :confused:

Thanks
Jill

dlloyduk
22-07-2005, 03:51 PM
Just a pointer Jill. Not sure if anyone has mentioned it but make sure you get all the keys Including the RED one. If not the value of the bike should be much lower.

nik_the_brief
22-07-2005, 04:03 PM
Don't rule out eBay - just be careful though.

Northman1
23-07-2005, 12:13 AM
I think Bunny620 is selling her 620ie, yellow, 2004 model.

meldrum620
24-07-2005, 10:44 PM
Hi,

I've got a 620 Dark with sub %K miles, 02/52 reg.
Let me know if you are interested. Open to offers.
It's in Ayrshire (Strathclyde).

Al

meldrum620
24-07-2005, 10:45 PM
That should be 5K miles........
curse these dam fingers!

jill
25-07-2005, 08:26 AM
Dlloyduk - Thank you, I shall make sure the red key is there - hadn't thought too much of that.

nik_the_brief - I am steering clear of ebay thanks, too many pikeys (or is the plural pikies?).

Northman1 - I'll check out the For Sale again and see if Bunny's is on there, thanks.

Meldrum620 - At the moment Strathclyde is a little far for me to come and see a bike and I'm not sure if I have my passport in order to go north of Watford! Thank you and I will bear it in mind if I can't find one more locally.

Cheers
Jill

Northman1
25-07-2005, 08:40 AM
Bunny620 is selling her bike on MCN Auctions at the moment.

See this link: http://auctions.motorcyclenews.com/item_details.asp?itemid=1440

paul620sie
26-07-2005, 01:58 PM
Jill,

Did you find a 620 yet?

Paul

jill
26-07-2005, 03:12 PM
Hi Paul

No, not yet.

Most of them have been dropped (including Bunny's - although it is sensibly priced because of this) and have a dent in the tank as a result. I refuse to buy a bike through an auction, which is why I didn't look further into Bunny's.

Not that I'm that bothered about minor cosmetic damage, it's just that, having had a close look, for the handle bars to dent the tank appears to take the bars about an inch further round than they should go. It makes me nervous to think of the strain this has put on the bars/front bits and bobs (no, I'm not very technical). So I'm trying to find one that hasn't been dropped hard enough to dent the tank....is this unreasonable?

Other good ones are too far oop north for me to travel just now.

Have you seen any more?

Cheers
Jill

paul620sie
26-07-2005, 04:13 PM
I've sent you a PM.

A Yerbury
26-07-2005, 04:36 PM
Hi Paul

No, not yet.

Most of them have been dropped (including Bunny's - although it is sensibly priced because of this) and have a dent in the tank as a result. I refuse to buy a bike through an auction, which is why I didn't look further into Bunny's.

Not that I'm that bothered about minor cosmetic damage, it's just that, having had a close look, for the handle bars to dent the tank appears to take the bars about an inch further round than they should go. It makes me nervous to think of the strain this has put on the bars/front bits and bobs (no, I'm not very technical). So I'm trying to find one that hasn't been dropped hard enough to dent the tank....is this unreasonable?

Other good ones are too far oop north for me to travel just now.

Have you seen any more?

Cheers
Jill

even a very soft drop will dent the tank...very easily! one little spill was me which left me with the classic clip on handle bar dent (easily fixed) the other was some clown knocking it over whilst parked....big dent the size of two childrens fists (landed on the edge of the kerb) even a very small fall (which 99 percent of us will have at some stage) will get the tank. I bought mine of ebay with no problems (and it was a bargain) It really is no different to seeing a bike advertised in a shop window?

Alex.

jill
27-07-2005, 08:23 AM
Hi Alex

Oh, so a dent on the tank, whatever size is likely some sort of drop but doesn't mean it's major. I know everyone does it - I haven't yet, but I've probably done a total of about 500 miles since I passed - but it's useful to know.

Ebay - I'd only ever buy a bike I'd actually seen, sat on and started up. It's too much money for me to risk, however much of a bargain they might be.

Still looking...

tony_unn
27-07-2005, 09:54 AM
If you have trouble finding one locally, I am having to sell mine as I am simply not riding it enough.

It is an 02 620s ie, it is perfect and in showroom conditon, I won't bother going into to much detail yet but if you are still struggling in a couple of weeks give me a shout.

If you see this you will buy it £2500

I am in Newcastle which is a bit of a hike for you.

jill
27-07-2005, 10:29 AM
Tonu_unn

That sounds pretty perfect! I will bear you in mind if I can't get one soon.

Cheers
Jill

dlloyduk
27-07-2005, 10:43 AM
Tony Do you have a pic more info? I know a guy locally that may be interested.

tony_unn
27-07-2005, 10:45 AM
Send me an e-mail address and I can send image, never get them to work trying to post them on this site.

tony.crosby@unn.ac.uk

dlloyduk
27-07-2005, 10:55 AM
Ooops Sorry that looks as if I was trying to Jump in!
No if Jill is not interested I can pass the deatils on.
:confused:
Why not get out more on it? If you fancy meeting up some time let me know.

jill
27-07-2005, 11:00 AM
I'm all for a free market, dlloyduk!

Please feel free to ask for pics too - Newcastle seems is a pretty long way at the moment and I wouldn't want Tony to miss out on an opportunity.

Jill

tony_unn
27-07-2005, 11:15 AM
Usual story, can't get the time to ride it and I have a problem with my hip, sitting on the bike (any bike) for more than 20 minutes is extremely painful.

Also I play cricket which keeps me out all day Saturday when I should be riding and it's not fair for me to then go out and ride on a Sunday on my own as the wife hates the idea of riding pillion.

Basically the bike is now getting left for two or three weeks at a time and I don't like the idea of it just sitting there.

under 7000 miles in three years is a joke, and the idea of it sitting at the back of the garage for another 6 months over the winter is to depressing.

I would rather someone got some use out of it as I loved it an it deserves to be ridden more.

dlloyduk
27-07-2005, 11:17 AM
Train-Cash-Nice ride home! Cars/Bikes etc. I always seem to have to travel.

tony_unn
27-07-2005, 11:39 AM
http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/5562/duc55tf.jpg

tony_unn
27-07-2005, 11:44 AM
I know it's to big but it's the best I could do.

cheers all

dlloyduk
27-07-2005, 11:49 AM
I must admit to being a little interested myself when I saw it.
But How do I explain to potential buyers yes its great but I want to sell after 6 weeks!

jill
27-07-2005, 12:58 PM
The big pic is great - I can see all the detail!

PM-ed you again.

Will
27-07-2005, 01:15 PM
http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/5562/duc55tf.jpg

Why have you got a flowers growing out of the seat and a bush attached to the horn? :D

jill
27-07-2005, 01:44 PM
I thought it was very clever to have the flowers match the body colour exactly..or did Tony spray them with yellow paint to match?

jill
28-07-2005, 02:08 PM
Sadly, Tony has sold his bike, and not to me. So much for doing 'it shall be mine, oh yes, it shall be mine' all last night!

Still open to offers. Really liking the yellow now!

A Yerbury
28-07-2005, 07:22 PM
Hi Alex

Oh, so a dent on the tank, whatever size is likely some sort of drop but doesn't mean it's major. I know everyone does it - I haven't yet, but I've probably done a total of about 500 miles since I passed - but it's useful to know.

Ebay - I'd only ever buy a bike I'd actually seen, sat on and started up. It's too much money for me to risk, however much of a bargain they might be.

Still looking...
the trick is to have a look before you bid? (if it's not too far) even if you bid and don't like it what is the worst that will happen? a black mark? no seller would really expect you to hand over the dosh unless you have heard the engine and maybe gone around the block, the onus is on the seller to sell as described, if something does not work or is belching smoke then it is not your problem? negative feedback can always be countered. Tonys would have been well worth the trip, carbon panels, very clean, 300 quid cans, low mileage and low price.....I was tempted!

jill
29-07-2005, 01:14 PM
Yes, I was going to be going up to Newcastle tomorrow. Unfortunatetly he sold it to his friend in the meantime. I am very depressed about it.

I realise I could look at it before I bid. It's more a case of 'why would someone sell it via an auction?'. I'd sell it through an owner's club, on Autorader, on MCN (normal ads). It might be me, but I am not as confident about the reasons people sell by auction. I'd only do it to rid myself of a shed...

A Yerbury
29-07-2005, 04:17 PM
most people have "blah de blah is also advertised elsewhere therefore I retain the right to etc etc"

Alex.
ps I am not an employee of ebay btw.
ps very nice 620 and 900 on there at the moment.

paul620sie
01-08-2005, 07:21 AM
I tracked three 600/620 over the last week or so;

The Black 620ie, sold for £2700
The red 620ie reached £2000 but failed to meet its reserve
and the 600 dark went for £1850

jill
01-08-2005, 08:33 AM
And, of course, Tony's minto 620 went for £2500 too. Plus that bloke with a Ferrari offered his for £2600.

This is all good as my budget has dropped (courtesy of boyfriends choice of motorbike!).

slob
01-08-2005, 09:33 AM
(courtesy of boyfriends choice of motorbike!).

Also a Monster, we hope!

jill
01-08-2005, 09:44 AM
No, amazingly, not even a Ducati! :O

A Kawasaki K10?! Or an R1.