PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else using ukonline BB and having problems ?

pete
22-07-2005, 10:36 AM
Hi All,
I'm been having problems accessing the site recently and wonder if anyone else is using UKONLINE ? Basically I can access the site from work, and from home via a VPN connection (which goes through ukonline/work). But, I can't access the site from my direct ukonline connection (on 2 PCs). All other sites I can access fine.

Any suggestions/comments ?

Cheers,

Pete

SAMMYE
22-07-2005, 12:07 PM
Hi All,
I'm been having problems accessing the site recently and wonder if anyone else is using UKONLINE ? Basically I can access the site from work, and from home via a VPN connection (which goes through ukonline/work). But, I can't access the site from my direct ukonline connection (on 2 PCs). All other sites I can access fine.

Any suggestions/comments ?

Cheers,

Pete

what problems have you been finding? its all been fine here no problems whatsoever comprende!?

LeMarsu
22-07-2005, 12:20 PM
try this

go to a dos window and type :

ipconfig /flushdns

this is what should happen

C:\>ipconfig /flushdns

Windows IP Configuration

Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.
C:\>

then try to access the website...
What it the make and model of your Adsl router/modem ?

LeMarsu

Dave Pearson
22-07-2005, 12:38 PM
I was looking at the UKONLINE website the other day and noticed that they block ports 25 - 80 - 8080 & 3128, not sure if this would have anything to do with it.

Pete, are you using their 8Mb Broadband service? If yes, does it perform well?
On paper it looks very good, but I am wary about signing up for a 12 month contract without speaking to someone who has first hand experience.

LeMarsu
22-07-2005, 01:38 PM
I was looking at the UKONLINE website the other day and noticed that they block ports 25 - 80 - 8080 & 3128, not sure if this would have anything to do with it.
Dave where did you see this?

Dave Pearson
22-07-2005, 01:42 PM
Right hand side of this (http://www.ukonline.net/broadband/broadband8000.php) web page towards the bottom

pete
22-07-2005, 03:17 PM
LeMarsu you are a star !!!

flushed the dns as suggested and it works fine now. I'll rememer that one for the future ;)

For the record I use an Actiontec R1524 DSL gateway (ie combined router/modem).

Thanks tons !!!

try this

go to a dos window and type :

ipconfig /flushdns

this is what should happen

C:\>ipconfig /flushdns

Windows IP Configuration

Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.
C:\>

then try to access the website...
What it the make and model of your Adsl router/modem ?

LeMarsu

pete
22-07-2005, 03:21 PM
Yes somebody at work was complaining about the port blocking....

I'm still on the basic 500 service - can't get the 8MB where I am yet. Apparently my service was upgraded to 2MB today but it isn't connecting at that speed yet :mad:

Cheers,

Pete

Pete, are you using their 8Mb Broadband service? If yes, does it perform well?
On paper it looks very good, but I am wary about signing up for a 12 month contract without speaking to someone who has first hand experience.