PDA

View Full Version : Superlight and Monster for sale

fluffy
20-07-2005, 07:36 PM
I'm finally getting my Monster so the Superlight is up for grabs, she's upgraded to a S2r (see Mrs Soups post, in 'I Want') so her M600 is going spare.

Right then....

Superlight. 1994 yellow Mk3. 24000 miles. Gazelle 2 into 1 just to be different, 12mths Test, 6 tax. Loads of history, scotoiler, splendid throughout, sensible offers around £2k.
If the attachment don't work try http://www.racepaint.f9.co.uk/duke02.JPG

Monster. 1998 600 dark. yellow frame and wheels. 25000 miles, standard except for carbon screen and billet clutch slave cylinder. Top box will be removed before sale. Quite grotty, used daily. peeling paint on casings, scuff on exhaust, small repaired ding in tank. Will come with heated grips if we can't get 'em off easily. 2 owners, full history. The bike is lowered by dropping the forks and refabricating the rear suspension hoop, (she's got little legs) but comes with the original suspension hoop so it can be put back to standard. Would suit someone with a cleaning fetish. Sensible offers around £1k. too frightened to attach a photo.

Superlight available now, M600 when the S2r arrives.

thank you all and ride safe.

Fluffy & Mrs Soup.

Duncan
20-07-2005, 08:05 PM
I have had the 'pleasure' of seeing both these bikes on occasion.

The Superlight its immaculate and well worth 2 grand of anyones money. In fact if I had the cash and space in my garage I would buy it myself.

The 600 - what can I say - its reliable, one lady owner, and one careful owner previous. Ducatis that are ridden are the most reliable and its well worth the grand considering that woulnt buy a decent 125cc bike.

fluffy
20-07-2005, 08:54 PM
I like the wording there Duncan. Jane is the 'careful' owner, as it was Merlins demo before her who knows what mischief it got up to in the first 500 miles. She doesn't really want to sell it..reckons it's not worth much but as I said to her, there may be someone out there who can only stretch to a grand and thought they couldn't afford a monster...now they can.
Similar thing with the SL, don't want to sell it, thought of keeping it just for the hell of it but I know once I've my own Monster it's just going to sit there and not get used and we have enough toys as it is.
On the same thread I haven't found my M900 yet, Larraine sold hers before I could prise it off her so if anyone knows for an injected 900 I'm all ears, dark considered but not prefered.

Scotty
24-07-2005, 11:09 PM
pleeeeeeese can we have a pic of the 600, im almost semi interested but i cant pick up till sept :(
so i wouldn't hold on to it just for me

fluffy
25-07-2005, 09:06 AM
well...if you REALLY want a photo we'll take one. It's not as bad as we make it sound though...don't expect "rat-bike" or anything.

fluffy
26-07-2005, 12:59 PM
well you did ask..!

will come without top-box, solo seat cover and high level pipes. Front carbon screen has scuff. Mirror stem is rusty. There's now a bit more paint missing off the casings.

The 911 in the foreground is up for grabs too......what a clearout...!

Scotty
26-07-2005, 09:31 PM
is there a mount on the right hand fork leg for for an extra disk should one feel the need ?

fluffy
27-07-2005, 08:30 AM
there certainly is...though that'll need a good clean too..!

fluffy
29-07-2005, 09:05 PM
Monster's gone (sniff sniff) hello S2r (whoopeeee)

Scotty
29-07-2005, 09:09 PM
awe and doh
i was robbed ;)
proberly just as well

have fun with the newness

Matt001
08-08-2005, 08:08 PM
The SL is nice. Is it still for sale? If so do you have the original cans for it?
:)

fluffy
09-08-2005, 09:01 AM
The SL is nice. Is it still for sale? If so do you have the original cans for it?
:)

well, it's still in the garage though whether it's still for sale is a different issue. The more I ride it the more I want both a monster AND a superlight, so i'm still hmmm-ing and ahhhh-ing at the mo. But no, I don't have the original pipes anywhere and the gazelle is simply lovely anyway...!

Matt001
09-08-2005, 10:23 AM
Well I'd be keeping my monster aswell as casually looking to own an SL aswell, i'd just like to have one in as standard a condition as i can get it.

How much is the porsche?

:burnout:

fluffy
09-08-2005, 10:29 AM
Well I'd be keeping my monster aswell as casually looking to own an SL aswell, i'd just like to have one in as standard a condition as i can get it.

How much is the porsche?

:burnout:

about 16k and even harder to part with than the SL..!

www.backstreetsymphony.co.uk/porsche.htm