PDA

View Full Version : Tank size

Blue Beastie
19-07-2005, 08:18 AM
I did a search and couldn't find anything on this but can anyone help with petrol tank info?

I've got a 96 M600 but I think the tank was changed around 1-2 years after that from red to black. I looked under the tank and judging by the code it is an M900 tank. Can anyone tell me what the capacity of the 600 and 900 tanks are? Also I'm still feeling around as to how many miles I will get out a tank. I did 140 yesterday without the warning light coming on (it may be bust?) What's the norm before the light comes on, just in case I get stranded!!! I've got race cans but no fancy filter or jets etc...

Cheers in advance.

Shandy
19-07-2005, 08:31 AM
M600 tank capacity 16.5 litres, not sure on the M900 one i thought they were all the same.

My light comes on at about 130 miles ish being a bit heavy on the go hand.

Its easy to check the fuel warning light works by unplugging the connecting wire to the sensor under the tank and stuffing an unfolded paper clip into the plug to link it out (with the ignition on). This should make the lamp light on the display but it doesn't tell you if the sensors naff. Not sure how to check that but someone will be along who does.

Shandy

Blue Beastie
19-07-2005, 09:29 AM
Thanks for that. I'll try the paper clip this evening.

I just checked my fuel receipt. I did 140 miles and the tank took 12.91litres to fill up so that's about 49 miles per gallon so I'm guessing that I'd get about 180 miles per tank and that I could take it up to 170 to test the sensor without running dry.

Sorry I'm sure this subject has been done to death in the past!!!