PDA

View Full Version : Bar's open!

eccles291
18-07-2005, 10:48 PM
'Ello!! :) Newbie to the site so I thought I should get the beers in and say hi! ;)

Just got my first Monster - a 51 plate 600 in red - having had to downgrade from my beloved 996 'S' for financial reasons. :( I had a few comments from people saying the 600 is too slow or underpowered but I have to say I don't totally agree. Admittedly, it's a big step down in the performance stakes from my 996 but the upside is that it's definitely more of a licence saver. The 996 felt like it was just bimbling along at about 80-90 and would pull like a train at well over a ton with a gear left to go!! :burnout: :twisted: Whereas the 600 feels like anything more than around 90 for a sustained period of time is a bit of a strain... it certainly is on the neck muscles. :rolleyes:

I've done 100 miles on the bike so far and the only things I've noticed are the difference in wind protection (but I guess that was only to be expected :rolleyes: ) and the crap vision in the mirrors at motorway speeds. (note to self) Must check out the mod's section of the site to see if there's a way to cure that.

Anyway, lets hope I have as little bother with the Monster as I did with my 996. I miss that bike already! :(

Mr C
18-07-2005, 11:26 PM
Hello good evening and welcome, Mines warm milk thanks!!!

BoozyBOB
18-07-2005, 11:28 PM
no more alco for me thanks Horlicks and a jaffa cake please...

Ooohh and welcome to our social club.. :lol:

Drucilla
19-07-2005, 10:11 AM
I'll have a cup of Earl Grey please, off the pop and the bike for a while yet......... :(

The Kevlar Kid
19-07-2005, 11:21 AM
Greetings :D

Another Hert's member - Runningman will be pleased.

You'll have to join in with the Beds & Bucks chaps and chapesses on some rideouts as your not that far away.

Welcome

Mine's a sloe gin....

Nonnie
19-07-2005, 12:12 PM
Mine's a strawberry daiquiri as I'm a bit of a lush......

Melnie Mouse
20-07-2005, 01:49 PM
Please may i have a strawberry cornetto.. and welcome aboard! :D :D

SAMMYE
20-07-2005, 04:59 PM
Hi eccles291,

Mines a Lager please... oh and while your there might aswell have a Double Vodka and Tonic (slimline) oh and maybe an absinth with a spoon and sugar :rolleyes:

Welcome anyway :D