PDA

View Full Version : UKMOC Forum - Simply The Best

Plum
18-07-2005, 01:12 PM
Just thought i would tell you that, because i have found this site forum to be helpful, funny, caring, compasionate and lots of other nice big words, i knew i really couldnt come on here and talk about my 'other' bikes. So i joined a forum that was for the 'other' make of bike that i have just bought. I though it would be everything the UKMOC is, but needless to say i have only posted a couple of times.

They only seem happy when they are bitching about something and arguing about whos right about this, that and the other. They also appear to have no sense of humor. After one of my jokes was removed without even having an email from the moderator telling me why, (it was a touch rude, but no worse than some of the things i read) i knew it just wasnt meant to be and decided not to bother with that forum anymore. I even thought of flogging the 'other' bike for fear of being labled a 'bitch without a sense of humor.

UKMOC - Still the best!!!

So can i post a really filthy joke now :D

steviej
18-07-2005, 01:53 PM
..............So can i post a really filthy joke now :D

Go on. You know yer wanna....................... ;) :D :eek:

PaulS
18-07-2005, 01:55 PM
I think you are talking about Harley Davidson. Excepting yourself (of course), they do seem to be frequently owned by humourless bigots.

nik_the_brief
18-07-2005, 02:01 PM
I think you are talking about Harley Davidson. Excepting yourself (of course), they do seem to be frequently owned by humourless bigots.

Otherwise known as lawyers and accountants.

slob
18-07-2005, 02:16 PM
I like to eat at Milwaukee Burger(tm) from time to time but the clientele are an odd bunch.

SAMMYE
18-07-2005, 03:02 PM
We should all arrange a big group hug!!

nik_the_brief
18-07-2005, 03:40 PM
We should all arrange a big group hug!!

And exactly what are the chances of you and Rob making it to the same place for one of them? :D

SAMMYE
18-07-2005, 03:47 PM
And exactly what are the chances of you and Rob making it to the same place for one of them? :D

Well if it were a horse it'd have three legs and run in stilettos (opps dont get excited nik and no before you ask I cant get the horse to run up and down on you)

Paranoid Dave
18-07-2005, 04:20 PM
I personally like harleys, or some of them i should say. But having spent many hours in HD showrooms and service areas (par for the course for anyone who owns a buell) and i can back you up that most of the owners are idiotic insurance salesmen, mid life crisis hit lawers and the like who will only ride with a denim jacket on top (with wings on the back) and leather chaps. They have no sence of style, ownership or love of bikes, instead they want to book it in for the bike to be cleaned ;)
When you see a few of them together you just know the conversation is going to be on anything other than bikes because they know sod all about them. Usually they have a lady on the back, with grewy hair, matching outfit, open lid and 1983 style top of the pops microphone.

Genuine herley owners, the ones who love thier bikes, are friendly as can be, and I have a lot of time for them, they too like to take the p*** out of the previously mentioned type of owner. :lol:

Plum, you are best out of there. I for one will not hold it against you should you post up questions about the HD. Didge used to own one, slob owns one and i guess a few others too. They are V twins, and with the vast knowledge of bikes that is within this club i'm sure most of your problems can be solved without resorting to HumptyDumpty.com :D

spacemonkey
18-07-2005, 04:56 PM
I'm sorry to admit but t'other day I saw a satin black Fatboy with wide flat bars on it and it really did look and sound nice. It was a proper owner I must say, not a rich old git with more money than taste who thinks he can buy style from a catalogue of dubious branded accessories....

Paranoid Dave
18-07-2005, 05:29 PM
my fave still has to be the harley cafe racer, now that is something.

Plum
18-07-2005, 09:11 PM
Otherwise known as lawyers and accountants.

I work for Lawyers, and none of them own one.....mind you there are a couple of scooters in the basement car park!!

slob
18-07-2005, 09:15 PM
We still get shunned by 'real Harley owners' because we only have Sportsters.

BoozyBOB
18-07-2005, 11:39 PM
come over to my local on a Saturday...(sunshine only)..and meet the real HD riders ..a great bunch and always good for a giggle...(and only one estate agent) ;)