PDA

View Full Version : Which Chip?

Mr C
18-07-2005, 10:53 AM
Currently got Termi's fitted to MY01 S4 but looking to buy K&N and drill holes or cut off the top of the airbox.
I know a Power commander is probally the best route but really want to pay £300.
So can anyone recomend a good chip or who to speak to regarding chips (No Harry Ramsden/Chippy Jokes)

marchesini
18-07-2005, 12:42 PM
Currently got Termi's fitted to MY01 S4 but looking to buy K&N and drill holes or cut off the top of the airbox.
I know a Power commander is probally the best route but really want to pay £300.
So can anyone recomend a good chip or who to speak to regarding chips (No Harry Ramsden/Chippy Jokes)

I've got a Power Commander III that will be up for sale soon. Used only once (Mallory track day) but will be replaced by the FIM programmable unit. PM me if interested.

Best regards

simon

Mr C
18-07-2005, 12:59 PM
PM on its way

PaulS
18-07-2005, 02:06 PM
You can't change just the chip on the S4, you have to buy the whole alloy chunk it's embedded in. As Ducati charge around £800 for these you would be better off with a PCIII based on price alone. Include the fact that you can also program it to work correctly with your bike and it looks a bargain. I had an 02 S4 with the Ducati Performance kit which included Termis, open airbox and filter, and ECU and the fuelling at low speed was very erratic. I would go for the PCIII.

Mr C
18-07-2005, 02:31 PM
What power gains if any will i see from Termi's Open airbox K&N and PCIII

PaulS
18-07-2005, 03:25 PM
What power gains if any will i see from Termi's Open airbox K&N and PCIII

Probably about 5hp. That's what was claimed for the kit I bought. You might get a bit more as the PCIII will probably do a better job than Ducati's chip did on my bike.

steviej
18-07-2005, 04:17 PM
Have you seen this-------->Linky (http://www.alyon.org/generale/theatre/cinema/affiches_cinema/g/gon-gwe/goodbye_mr_chips.jpg)

Zimbo
18-07-2005, 06:43 PM
http://www.moto-one.com.au/performance/monsters4_perfkit.html