PDA

View Full Version : I'm on a roll

nik_the_brief
18-07-2005, 08:08 AM
Find out last week that I've got an invite to the Ducati dinner at Brands and have just returned from a long weekend in Amsterdam (well it felt very short but ya know how time gets distorted there). (Barney's sweettooth :twisted: ;) )

Wouldn't fancy riding a bike there but if I did then this is clearly the way to go... The city is owned by suicidal (and heavily stoned) cyclists and ain't exactly 'proper bike' friendly.

U2 at the Arena were outstanding too but Amsterdam itself is a blinding place (especially without the kids - for the first time in too many years). Already saving to go again...

SteveSki
18-07-2005, 08:35 AM
But not infront of a decent cafe??

We should arrange a group outing nik........wouldn't you agree?? :D

Glad you had a good time and even better without the little, restraints.... ;)

slob
18-07-2005, 09:00 AM
He must have been stoned, that square mirror is hideous!

nik_the_brief
18-07-2005, 09:54 AM
But not infront of a decent cafe??

We should arrange a group outing nik........wouldn't you agree?? :D

Glad you had a good time and even better without the little, restraints.... ;)

Actually Steve they had quite an interesting range of restraints in some of the shops!

Group outing a bloody good idea but thin kthe missus would kill me if she wasn't allowed along. If I did Holland by bike I'd have to do Arnhem and the bridge too. Maybe one day but the rest of the roads are dull, dull, dull.

Rob - you must be right I didn't notice the mirror at the time but - yeurch - no excuse for that. Nice tank though, sadly not in my price-range unless I won the Euromillions lottery which I've yet to check!

slob
18-07-2005, 10:06 AM
I wouldn't mind riding in most of Holland but as you say central Amsterdam looks a bit much...
wrong side of the road, nutters everywhere and a third lane full of tram-tracks.
Arnhem was nice although I haven't been there since I was a teenager, it had a crazy tribute to the Dutch relationship with the sea in the form of concrete waves tiled in blue and white, the local skateboarders loved it!

SAMMYE
18-07-2005, 10:10 AM
Did you get a spanking in the redlight district?? and does that constitute cheating??

p.s. holland is very flat

nik_the_brief
18-07-2005, 10:28 AM
Did you get a spanking in the redlight district?? and does that constitute cheating??

p.s. holland is very flat

I've a very accommodating missus that will do it for free anytime ;)

We did get some interesting offers as we walked round that part of town though... :D

SAMMYE
18-07-2005, 11:07 AM
I've a very accommodating missus that will do it for free anytime ;)

We did get some interesting offers as we walked round that part of town though... :D

Ok I will pop round Thursday then ;)

Which reminds me my mates bike should be featured in next months Streetfighters mag shot in The Torture Gardens.

Ive never been to Amsterdam but plan to go soon, those two twins have got my name on them!!

slob
18-07-2005, 11:11 AM
...those two twins have got my name on them!!
WHAT?! the Ducati AND the Guzzi?!

SAMMYE
18-07-2005, 11:17 AM
WHAT?! the Ducati AND the Guzzi?!

exactly!! wink wink nudge nudge say no more

Plum
18-07-2005, 12:11 PM
Hey Steve, if your looking for bods for a group outing, then im your man!!

Have been a few times now, but sadly didnt make it this year.

I understand Niks comment about all time being thrown out in 'Dam'. I couldnt quite make it to bed at a reasonable hour when i was there last!

I never get bored of Dam

nik_the_brief
18-07-2005, 10:15 PM
I never get bored of Dam

Me neither, we're already making plans for the next trip over! :twisted:

bod
18-07-2005, 11:06 PM
Cool place...Try a few beers then a cafe (of the non coffee sort) then a boat trip a must on every trip :D

nik_the_brief
20-07-2005, 02:31 PM
Ah yes, the boat trip was definitely one of the highlights.

My recommendation is to take the evening candlelight one (not that we had any candles) as it takes 2 hours and is less of a rush (if there is ever such a thing as a rush in Amsterdam!). Our was piloted by the Dutch version of Cheech and Chong and was brilliant.

Lost Again
21-07-2005, 11:50 AM
Dag nammit!
I've never been and I wanna go. One of my bro's worked out there for 2 years but I never managed to make a trip across. Had one booked once then realised my passport had expired. Nuts! :(

DesmoDog
21-07-2005, 03:53 PM
I know a great club on the outside of town where you can chill on a kind of private street they've got alongside the canal - it's all decked out with loungers and deeeeep armchairs - I think of the iflatable variety, but I may have been under some distrotion at the time. Count me in for a trip. Geddit

Lady-Bob
22-07-2005, 10:49 PM
Many pre-motorbike years ago I went there on a coach trip.

The coach took us into the heart of Amsterdam where we boarded a boat to tour the canals. The coach driver got his fags out, leaned up against the railings (land-side) and awaited our return. Upon which he was nowhere to be seen.

When the time came to return to the coach (and our hotel) we waited over an hour outside a locked coach.

We were getting a bit worried when he eventually turned up, very red faced, and explained that the police had arrested him for "loitering" (nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more to a blind man if yeuw get my drift sunshine! :eek: )