PDA

View Full Version : London Pride

Runningman
14-07-2005, 11:08 AM
Just observed the 2 minute silence for last Thursdays bomb victims along with thousands of others at London Bridge.

Everybody was outside their offices just standing in silence...even the motorists switched off their engines for the duration.

What a great city!
r

SAMMYE
14-07-2005, 11:30 AM
A young guy who worked in a shop opposite was killed in the blasts and his colleagues had tears streaming down their faces.

It was really moving cant remember anything quite like it. Everything stopped London fell silent but was united and steadfast!

MilesB
14-07-2005, 11:34 AM
Most of our office (300 staff) were outside in silence for 2 minutes, and I believe it was repeated at our many other offices thoughout the UK.

spacemonkey
17-07-2005, 08:19 PM
A Chap on the radio said how he and some other guy stopped their vans for this and stood next to them. Whilst doing this some traffic warden (the ones who work for the council writing tickets that is, not a proper one..) slithered up and slapped them with tickets!!!! Gave the usual "Just doing my job" bull****....

MotoNik
18-07-2005, 04:26 PM
Ironically, I'd just got off a plane in Denmark when they announced the two minute silence there. The whole airport stopped what they were doing, it was pretty touching that even abroad they observed it - quite a nice sentiment i thought.

I find the traffic warden thing difficult to comprehend. Quite why anyone would do that as a job though...