PDA

View Full Version : Latest Wrist Damage Report........

Didge
14-07-2005, 10:52 AM
Back to the hospital today to see the consultant in the Trauma/Orthopaedic Dept. Old half- cast and bandage removed so that he could check the healing process is ok.
I'm a bit squeamish with this sort of stuff, and wasn't really looking forward to seeing my arm. The surgeon cut under the wrist (about 3 1/2" long),to gain access during the surgery, and the wound was held together by metal clips. He was pleased with how it looked, I just felt queasy.
Saw the X-Ray of my arm now, and the metal plate that is now holding things together, and that's looking good.
Metal clips removed from the wound, and I have now got a new fibreglass cast, elbow to wrist, in an almost Ducati red.
Got to go back in 4 weeks time for further reassessment.
So, it all seems to be healing up ok, but my wrist has only about 1" or so twisting ability, and if I accidently turn it too much, the pain is excruciating.
Legs, feet & ankles still very sore and swollen, but at least I can hobble to the shops and back.
Boredom is beginning to set in from time to time, so be warned, I may have to take it out on here with some crap/childish threads, just to pass the time.

Plum
14-07-2005, 11:28 AM
Boredom is beginning to set in from time to time, so be warned, I may have to take it out on here with some crap/childish threads, just to pass the time.

We wouldnt expect less Didge.

Glad to here your healing up mate

claicerrig
14-07-2005, 05:30 PM
Digon o amser i chi Dysgu Cymraeg.........................!!!!!!!

MrsJel
14-07-2005, 08:38 PM
Taking over from Nonnie then.

Nonnie
15-07-2005, 03:56 PM
Taking over from Nonnie then.
Ooooh that was harsh!!!

I always thought I made perfect sense and wasn't childish in any way so nurrrr, yah boo sucks etc etc.

Didge I hope you're feeling not so sore anymore. Wish you all the best for a tip top recovery. xx

Didge
15-07-2005, 07:26 PM
Didge I hope you're feeling not so sore anymore. Wish you all the best for a tip top recovery. xx

Nonnie, thanks, but it bloody hurts if I accidently twist my arm slightly, but at least I've now got a nice big red one.

claicerrig
15-07-2005, 10:15 PM
Have just got back from the hospital :(
My oldest daughter has broken her Wrist in two places comming off her Bicycle
She has a Bright Blue plaster 1/2 way up her bicep :eek:

Typical right at the start of the Summer Hoildays too

Look like you and her can Swop notes Didge :D

Didge
15-07-2005, 10:22 PM
Look like you and her can Swop notes Didge :D

Only if, (unlike her bloody father), she can write in the Queen's English. None of this Gog crap.
You can tell her, I feel her pain. Literally.

claicerrig
15-07-2005, 10:33 PM
Your Queen :p

Yes i can well imagine your pain :eek: Looking at the pain she`s been in :(

I feel bloody helpless (a rare statment for me)

At least she was wearing a Helmet Knee and elbow pads at the time. But she must learn to stop in time without skidding on the gravel

Anything i can do old Boy to help aliviate the bordom lets me know

Clai

Didge
15-07-2005, 10:54 PM
Your Queen :p

Yes i can well imagine your pain :eek: Looking at the pain she`s been in :(

I feel bloody helpless (a rare statment for me)

At least she was wearing a Helmet Knee and elbow pads at the time. But she must learn to stop in time without skidding on the gravel

Anything i can do old Boy to help aliviate the bordom lets me know

Clai

I broke my right arm on two separate occasions when I was a very young kid.
It's just one of those things unfortunately.
Funnily enough, it never seems to hurt much when it's just happened. That comes later.
Never mind, she can start an autograph collection on her arm, unless of course everyone there writes in Gog, then she'll only have enough room for about two names. :twisted:

claicerrig
15-07-2005, 11:52 PM
LLANFAIRPWCHWINGYLLGOGERYCHWYNDROBWYDDLLANDISIOGOF GOCH

on 1 side anyway

benson
16-07-2005, 01:37 PM
Hope it's healing up well Didge - and if you need to swap childish crap threads then I'll happily join in... Meanwhile take care and keep hobbling and limping! Your big red one sure looks impressive though....
Benson.
x

gary tompkins
16-07-2005, 10:26 PM
Judging by your new avatar - it looks like all your arm is missing is one of these?....

babeonaduke
17-07-2005, 08:28 AM
:bunny: I so loved the alphabet clai :bunny:
My kids appreciated it as well. They are in the welsh school. So they want to take it to school with them on monday. Look out. Even though you are a gog your still funny <<wind up>>. I am in the South, but heading up to Llnaberis on the bike friday for the weekend. So look out.
Sorry about the arm Didge.. Hope you get better soon, missing all this gorgeous weather. :twisted:
Bev

claicerrig
17-07-2005, 06:38 PM
Send me your contact no by Pm and we can meet up somewhere for a coffee

Llanberis is only 15 miles from me and i havnt got much planned next friday night / saturday

Clai