PDA

View Full Version : Little Em's Lancaster Bomber event, 30th July

Little Monster
13-07-2005, 07:59 PM
Hi all

One of the Buelly folk has mentioned this to me, a few of us having attended last year. Because of the links that Little Em (who I did not have the honour of meeting) had with the monsters, we are apparently "always welcome."

Have listed as national event as it's hardly in my region and people may want to come from pretty much anywhere. Lovely roads, a loud plane and nice to mix with the Buellys at an event dedicated to one of their own and a fellow biker.

I've nicked the rest from the ukbeg forum ......

This is our main UKBEG event of the year and is named in honour of Little Em who passed away 22-04-04. Sadly missed but never forgotten.

Location details: www.lincsaviation.co.uk
Start time: 10.30 am.

Entrance costs £3.00 per person - normal price is £6.50. Girls on Buells get in free.

This year we have some special guests, the Vincent HRD Owners Club.
www.voc.uk.com

Only Buells and Vincents will be allowed to park within the Aviation Centre - all other makes have to park in a seperate, secure area.
We're hoping to have 100+ Buells at this event - fingers crossed .

Timetable:
12.30 - 1.00 pm Photo-call for Buells with the Lancaster and Spitfire.
1.30 pm Lancaster Bomber taxi-run.
3.00 pm Spitfire flying display.
4.00 pm Lancaster Bomber taxi-run.

We may have a few other things taking place, but I'll post details as and when they're finalised.

Accommodation details for this beautiful part of Lincolnshire if anyone wants to make a weekend of it:
The Bull - Horncastle - 01507 523 331
Admiral Rodney - Horncastle - 01507 523 131
George Hotel - Spilsby - 01790 752 528
White Hart - Spilsby - 01790 752 244

Two places are available in the Lancaster bomber during a taxi-run. One place at 1.30 pm and one at 4.00 pm. The cost is £150.00 () and you can book direct with Harold Panton at the Aviation Centre, tel 01790 763 207. Each taxi-run takes 6 or 7 passengers and places are much sought after. Most of them are booked months in advance.

So, if your loved one wants to treat you, leave this notice in a prominent place .

I know people have expressed interest at previous Buell events so I thought I'd pass the information on ASAP.

Little Monster
13-07-2005, 08:02 PM
time for a list, copy the list and add your name....

and as Delia would say, "let's be 'avin' you"

Little Monster

Paranoid Dave
13-07-2005, 09:13 PM
Little Monster
PD

here's a reminder of last year :D
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/attachment.php?attachmentid=3102
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/attachment.php?attachmentid=3107

Little Monster
14-07-2005, 10:03 PM
Cool pics pd. presume i can put your name down for it?

tigerlily and rabbit not interested? they loved it last year, and boppy and lox if i remember rightly?

little monster
paranoid dave

Scotty
14-07-2005, 10:08 PM
yesh id love to break the Law some more, but if i get caught without a licence its jail an a HUGE fine

Little Monster
14-07-2005, 10:10 PM
oopsy. did you get banned then?

Rabbit
14-07-2005, 11:32 PM
I think you can probably count us in. :)

little monster
paranoid dave
Rabbit
Tigerlily

When do you get your license back Scotty?

steviej
15-07-2005, 07:50 AM
I'm workin' :mad: It's a pity it's not on the Sunday..........................

Tigerlily
15-07-2005, 10:23 AM
Subject to babysitter :rolleyes:

Paranoid Dave
15-07-2005, 02:55 PM
Cool pics pd. presume i can put your name down for it?

Did you not see my name on the list above this reply of yours, the one with your name and mine? ;)

Any type of bike is welcome, and regardless of the bike element, it is worth it to stand next to a lancaster and watch it spark into life with its 4 V12 merlin engines one by one. The vibrations are scary, the noise is better than any duke and the sight of something so special is not to be missed. And they're doing it twice on the day. Oh and a display by the spitfire... which is not your crappy fly past or gentle ride but a full scale attack, hard banking top speed display at close range. Fantastic stuff.

Rabbit
15-07-2005, 03:25 PM
Did you not see my name on the list above this reply of yours, the one with your name and mine? ;)

Any type of bike is welcome, and regardless of the bike element, it is worth it to stand next to a lancaster and watch it spark into life with its 4 V12 merlin engines one by one. The vibrations are scary, the noise is better than any duke and the sight of something so special is not to be missed. And they're doing it twice on the day. Oh and a display by the spitfire... which is not your crappy fly past or gentle ride but a full scale attack, hard banking top speed display at close range. Fantastic stuff.

Seconded

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/ChrisSmith/Spitfire2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/ChrisSmith/Spitfire1.jpg

lox
15-07-2005, 06:29 PM
If l get me jobs done l'm there :eek: (l don't get out much :( )
Rich :moto:
PS Should l come on the Fazer or the Duke :confused:

Paranoid Dave
15-07-2005, 06:47 PM
Should l come on the Fazer or the Duke :confused:

I hope thats not a serious question. Meeting Friends on V-Twins, at the home of a V-Twin engined Lancaster, and a V-twin engined spitfire, on the day the Buells are meeting there. Oh they have V-twin engines by the way. ;)

good luck gettin out of work.

lox
15-07-2005, 10:27 PM
l might turn up in me van :rolleyes:

Little Monster
17-07-2005, 09:55 PM
sorry pd - was having a rushed internet check

well done rabbit and tigerlily

boppy has said he and lox should be there so........

pd
little monster
tigerlily
rabbit
boppy
lox

(have also had some pm's from some other possibles but best not put their names down just yet..)

Nonnie
17-07-2005, 09:56 PM
little monster
paranoid dave
Rabbit
Tigerlily
Emily's Driver
Nonnie (if my wrist can take it, I'll be there)

Little Monster
17-07-2005, 10:00 PM
nice one nonnie - look after your wrist then....

pd
little monster
rabbit
tigerlily
boppy
lox
emily's driver
nonnie

Nonnie
17-07-2005, 10:05 PM
well I did 89 miles yesterday, hey, only took me 6 and a half hours!!!

A Yerbury
17-07-2005, 10:13 PM
Put myself and madam down, by hook or by crook we shall be there doing the more smart than casual thing.

Alexander_Y
Richard_S

Nonnie
17-07-2005, 10:16 PM
more than likely it's crook. yikes the badass mutha****ers are in town...

A Yerbury
17-07-2005, 10:23 PM
.....Yours, struggling with "badass gangsta module 3.12" crib notes, 3.13 involves scar tissue, still it's mostly good in a bad way.

Yours.
the villain.

Richard_S
18-07-2005, 11:53 AM
I’ve secured the keys and Loan of a pad in Lincoln.... how far away from there are these shenanigans due to be held?

oh and btw apparently the roads up north are dangerous, so I am only allowed to go if I promise to wear my fluorescent shoulder pads. Forewarned is forearmed.

yours with airfix, glue and goggles x

Paranoid Dave
18-07-2005, 02:40 PM
how should i know how far it is, my map dont go up that far?

The place is in east kirkby, about 10 miles at most from Spilsby. That should be easy to spot on your map.

paranoid 'how did my name get first on the list' dave
little pink monster
rabbit
tigerlily
boppy
lox - nothing to do with liquid oxygen i hope
emily's 'she's a lady' driver
nonnie (wristo provido)
alex the villain
madam richard

Nonnie
18-07-2005, 04:52 PM

The place is in east kirkby, about 10 miles at most from Spilsby. That should be easy to spot on your map.

little pink monster
rabbit
tigerlily
boppy
nonnie (wristo provido)
alex the villain
madam richard
the silly alter egos are out in force again.

cheeky monkey
18-07-2005, 05:35 PM
pd
little monster
rabbit
tigerlily
boppy
lox
emily's driver
nonnie
tonyleeds ;)

A Yerbury
18-07-2005, 06:06 PM
the silly alter egos are out in force again.

out in farce surely?

Nonnie
18-07-2005, 06:46 PM
my mistake!

be very nice to see you again and i may even try your other sock on my head this time.

A Yerbury
18-07-2005, 06:50 PM
provided I can pull your tights over mine -my head, not my tights..obviously, as I am a hold up's kinda guy.

Alex.

ps. edited for reasons of brevity and libel.

Nonnie
18-07-2005, 06:53 PM
ever the romantic eh?

A Yerbury
18-07-2005, 06:56 PM
Indeed, the world is not a romantic place therefore it is the duty of us bad men everywhere to "do their bit" and generally spread the loving.

Yours with a puppy, some ribbon and a bottle of blue nun.
Alex.

lox
18-07-2005, 07:04 PM

little pink monster
rabbit
tigerlily
boppy
lox - nothing to do with liquid oxygen i hope :eek:
nonnie (wristo provido)
alex the villain
madam richard
No Pd, lt's Lox as in Bolox (too the man and all he stands for) mate :D

Little Monster
18-07-2005, 10:00 PM
little pink monster
rabbit
tigerlily
boppy
nonnie (wristo provido)
alex the villain
madam richard
tonyleeds :cool:

Banshee
18-07-2005, 10:30 PM
hey you...

Paranoid Dave
20-07-2005, 03:21 PM
It's now been confirmed that all bikes arriving on the day will get access into the complex for parking on the tarmac. The buells will have one area, vincents another and then any others. I have read there may be over 100 buellsm buell UK are even turning up with oficial van and stock, mcn are going to do a little promo for it in next week i think it is. Some buellers are travelling +400 miles to get there, for this one meet! :eek: i think one is coming from scotland too.
Providing the little one flashes her boobs at god and asks for sunny weather i'm sure it will stay dry for us :lol:

Richard_S
20-07-2005, 03:55 PM
nobby is racing at Donnington that weekend so out of the loop, and besides I have made the error of becoming a "social couple" before and it is not to be repeated.

yours in a filthy mood with a new 35sq foot storage unit x

A Yerbury
20-07-2005, 04:55 PM
message understood. we may even get our own little parking spot again.
Alex.
ps. yes very wonky indeed although I now have herculean biceps.

Little Monster
21-07-2005, 11:47 PM
who dis?

anyone else coming to this? julie and ruth? jmo? mand?

Mand
22-07-2005, 06:11 AM
who dis?

Unfortunately, I can't come. I'm on Mum duty, it's my son's birthday. Plus the Monster is having its service that day too.

EXPENSIVE WEEKEND FOR ME!!!

Julie
22-07-2005, 06:47 AM
who dis?

sorry i can't make it - my parents are coming to see me for the day.

but hope you all have a great day and Little Em will be looking down x

Little Monster
22-07-2005, 06:19 PM
guess we'll have to take our own photos then without you birds there - doh!

mand - treat your son for his birthday by letting him watch a monster having a service - that's saved you some pennies.

xx

bod
23-07-2005, 06:03 PM
Would have come but don't finish work while 1PM :(

logyk
23-07-2005, 06:51 PM
Hope to make it ....as long as I get my bike back from its service :cool:

Little Monster
24-07-2005, 05:58 PM
Hope to make it ....as long as I get my bike back from its service :cool:

just pick another one from the fleet :cool:

Paranoid Dave
24-07-2005, 08:09 PM
little pink monster
rabbit
tigerlily
boppy
nonnie (wristo provido)
tonyleeds
logyck

as alex and richard are now off the list?

A Yerbury
24-07-2005, 08:23 PM
We are very much on the list, hot tub planned and everything.

Nonnie
24-07-2005, 08:27 PM
yeah alex, step on the gas and go for the ying yang

im never on anyones list

i have to gatecrash

and be fashionably late

A Yerbury
24-07-2005, 08:32 PM
you are on the top of my list baby.

Paranoid Dave
24-07-2005, 08:34 PM
i have to gatecrash

I had heard you were a crasher. :burnout:

Nonnie
24-07-2005, 08:39 PM
youve gone wristicuffs bananas

scrumpster
25-07-2005, 06:51 PM
little pink monster
rabbit
tigerlily
boppy
nonnie (wristo provido)
tonyleeds
logyck
Alex
Richard
Scrumpster - please pray for dry weather :) Either way I'll be there hopefully

Paranoid Dave
25-07-2005, 08:07 PM
little pink monster
rabbit
tigerlily
boppy
nonnie (wristo provido)
tonyleeds
logyck
Alex
Richard
Scrumpster - please pray for dry weather Either way I'll be there hopefully
lenny
linda

Tigerlily
26-07-2005, 08:02 PM
Sorry, I won't be coming.

Paranoid Dave
26-07-2005, 09:59 PM
:( ..................

Tigerlily
26-07-2005, 10:19 PM
.....it can't be helped I'm afraid.......

We could always organise a meet up sometime, half way between Manchester and Ipswich......

...........What do you think?

What's the betting that some smart alec will come along and point out that this place (sorry forgotten where it is :o ) is half way between them!.........Geography is not my strongest point! .......But I'm good at pointing out the bleedin' obvious! :lol:

Paranoid Dave
27-07-2005, 03:01 PM
i hate to say it but i did think exactly that before i scrolled down and saw you'd beaten me to stating the obvious.
We are off to heacham H/H weekend, thats the top of norfolk by the wash, maybe a bit far but thought i'd mention it.

This event is advertised in MCN today (wednesday) and they are estimating between 100 - 150 buells. I think there are loads of vincents going and we have 15+ ducati's planned. Plus others too, i'd say thats not bad for a non weekly slightly specific bike meet. :D Can't wait.

Tigerlily
27-07-2005, 03:10 PM
We are off to heacham H/H weekend, thats the top of norfolk by the wash, maybe a bit far but thought i'd mention it.

H/H weekend??? :confused: When's that then?

Paranoid Dave
27-07-2005, 05:52 PM
it's near the bank holiday weekend, or the Happy/Holiday weekend as i call it :rolleyes:

Little Monster
28-07-2005, 09:37 PM
stop hijacking this thread or i'll hijack 10 of yours - that's what yerbs and richard_s's threads are for :p

weather is looking distinctly shocking. if it's pissing it down everywhere i'll be staying indoors, albeit i will honour anyone going by wearing my pink leather bike jacket in the house. (have i mentioned my new jacket :cool: )

decision to be made tomorrow night me thinks.......

Paranoid Dave
29-07-2005, 02:08 PM
the forecast for the last few days as well as the next few has been very bad, downpours etc. But in realist they have been warm and on the whole sunny. I too will sadly stay home if it's nast weather but the odd shower i can deal with as that's what waterproofs were made for.

Would be a shame to see it a washout but i have the feeling it will be mainly dry, fingers crossed everyone.

PS, sorry for hi-jacking, but you're welcome to come too ;)

Little Monster
29-07-2005, 08:17 PM
boppy cant play out - something to do with waiting for a cable to arrive.

am going to consider weather NOW

right - rabbit and i are the only ones coming from manc it seems so we're going to check weather at 8am tomorrow and if ok, set off.

fingers crossed and hope everyone turns up
:p

logyk
29-07-2005, 08:54 PM
Post before you leave Sue.........I will be there ....even if I decide to use the 4 wheeled toy. :cool:

Little Monster
29-07-2005, 09:00 PM
Rabbit and I will likely come on bikes but if defeated by weather up north (spilsby looks fine) we'll come in car so we can see everyone.

see y'all tomorrow xxx

Little Monster
30-07-2005, 07:14 AM
It's gotta be BIKE

weather forecast for way home bad but it's sunny at my house now!

see ya there xxx

Rabbit
30-07-2005, 07:17 AM
Good shout!

Little Monster
30-07-2005, 09:33 PM
lovely to see everyone (what happened to tonyleeds?)

as predicted, ride there was fine, lovely and warm at the event and got **** wet through on the way back. ride back for me and rabbit was beautifully interrupted by a few scoops with rich and alex and later a coffee at the king of burgers. it's quite possible that nonnie did get home before us despite her 45 minute frequency wrist rests.

here's blowing a raspberry to r and a for not inviting me to join in in the hot tub action :p

A Yerbury
31-07-2005, 10:20 AM
where is the boy with the rose tinted view picture?

Little Monster
31-07-2005, 07:55 PM
where is the boy with the rose tinted view picture?

hold on a mo.......give me a minute to shrink you.....

Here you are, discovering that the world is a prettier place through rose coloured spectacles...xx

nice girdle by the way :p

Richard_S
31-07-2005, 08:08 PM
and to think I was ribbed for cracking the very same pose whilst positioned to the right (conformation photographs still required).

ps she was none too pleased ref the aerial. Miserable so and so.

Paranoid Dave
31-07-2005, 08:12 PM
Well i dont know about you lot but i had a remarkable day. And that remark would be "how the hell did i not get wet?" There were a few damp patches on the way to east kirkby, and coming home there were puddles everywhere, boston had had a soaking and most of the places we went through were drying out. Yet not once did we actually get rained on ourselves. :D

Its not a day of fun filled entertainment, but for people like me who like to sit, chat, watch and listen to all things engine, a great day once again.

Little Monster
31-07-2005, 08:19 PM
as discussed with scrumpster and rod, my jacket was plastered in dead bug juice......not any more, after power blasting it in the rain on the motorway, it's clean. hurrah!

richard_s - aerial?

A Yerbury
31-07-2005, 09:39 PM
well I still don't see a picture? and do not daRE REDUCE ME! the Sellers household comes fitted with many wondrous things one of which is an enormous plasma uber television (perfect for discovery moments ch 504) ...atop this piece of equipment is a brown shonky bakerlite aerial, the kind more suited to a landcaster bombers comms set up. the cat thrashed it not us....
Alex.
ps the aerial is not essential for ntl cable reception but I believe it was a conversation piece.

Little Monster
31-07-2005, 09:41 PM
well I still don't see a picture? and do not daRE REDUCE ME! the Sellers household comes fitted with many wondrous things one of which is an enormous plasma uber television (perfect for discovery moments ch 504) ...atop this piece of equipment is a brown shonky bakerlite aerial, the kind more suited to a landcaster bombers comms set up. the cat thrashed it not us....
Alex.
ps the aerial is not essential for ntl cable reception but I believe it was a conversation piece.

hmmmm. finger must have slipped. let's try that again........here you are (hopefully)

A Yerbury
31-07-2005, 09:42 PM
much nicer, thank yee.

Nonnie
01-08-2005, 10:21 AM
Well, I had another grand day out. Loved the Spitfire display so much I could have had a cry! Wow, loved the noise and atmosphere of the Bomber and was well impressed there was no vomiting in any oxygen masks. Well worth the long trip which seemed so much quicker on the way home but then I suppose there was drinking to be done and bands to see.
Great company, weather and fun. I really enjoyed the whole day. Can you tell?!

Signing off now to play with Captain Farquaharquason in his Spitfar for a har.

Julie
01-08-2005, 11:41 AM
Have you guys got any photos (not of yerbs tho) from the day i'd like to see them?

Paranoid Dave
01-08-2005, 11:52 AM
see if these work

A Yerbury
01-08-2005, 04:51 PM
...managed to sneak into the back of that one, sorry julie.

Alex the omnipresent.