PDA

View Full Version : New Bike for me

andros
13-07-2005, 12:40 PM
Just had to tell you guys, looking forward to Friday, getting an S2R.

I do quite a bit of riding with a pillion and the extra power will be welcome. The bike I am getting is an ex-demo bike, but looks an goes well.

Will be a bit sad to see the 620 go, but seemed a good deal so it had to be done.

:lol:

steviej
13-07-2005, 02:22 PM
..............................Sorted ar'kid

bod
13-07-2005, 08:28 PM
Any news on the "the deal" I have a 620 and looking at a S2R
Was looking at Leeds or Lincoln for :) the best price

andros
14-07-2005, 06:49 AM
Hi Bod, I seem to remember from Mallory you were quick in our group. Not sure you need an S2r!!

The deal was I got £3000 for mine at almost 2 years old which is a bit under what it is worth, but the ex demo S2r is only £4500, this is cheap I think partly because some muppet dropped it, but will be good as new.

So I think its a pretty good deal, S2r is 7 months old.

paul620sie
05-08-2005, 10:01 AM
So what are your initial impressions of the S2R vs your 620?

andros
05-08-2005, 11:58 AM
Hi Paul, good to hear from you again.

I'm liking it very much so far, but with holidays and stuff have not been out on it quite as much as I would have liked. The weather recently hasnt been that good either.

The extra power and willingness of the engine feels great. That is particularly good for me because as you know I do quite alot of riding with a pillion. Comfier for a pillion too my wife says.

I did initially notice the front brake has a bit less feel and needs more pressure, but I am getting used to this so its not really a problem. There is still engine braking too so thats good.

Got a long ride planned this weekend so looking forward to that.

paul620sie
05-08-2005, 12:07 PM
Good to know you like it... as if you wouldn't!

I've been thinking hard about making the same trade-up, just need to find a deal as good yours was.

btw, did you spot this in another thread...

http://www.monstrack.com/backrest.html

maybe you could one made locally?

andros
05-08-2005, 12:23 PM
Yes I think I was quite fortunate finding an S2r at that sort of money, but keep a look out you never know!

I have seen that backrest before and I think it looks quite good. My wife for some reason says she feels a bit better on the new bike so I am going to see how it goes before deciding whether to get a backrest.

bod
06-08-2005, 03:48 AM
Hmm done the sums and with new house can't realy justify
to er in doors the purchase :(