PDA

View Full Version : Important - In Case of Emergency

Chappers
11-07-2005, 03:48 PM
Please read this, it could save your life one day.

http://www.eastanglianambulance.com/content/news/newsdetail.asp?newsID=646104183

Duncan
11-07-2005, 08:13 PM
Please read this, it could save your life one day.

http://www.eastanglianambulance.com/content/news/newsdetail.asp?newsID=646104183

I put ICE in my phone today and it dont work any more :eek:

Richard_S
11-07-2005, 08:24 PM
what will they think of next!
TBH if I had a questionnaire I would tick the box that said "please fix me first and phone home later". Still I recognise my old fashioned values and add the terrible modern disclaimer IMO
Tis horses for courses etc but with a new modern phone on its way I may join the club if I have a very quiet moment in the next Milliena. The potential for up skirts is far more appealing though, at least in the short term. 2 whole continental mega pixels apparently.

Off now to select an appropriate frog variant and a cool cover, stay safe ya'll!

ps Hayley darling, I preferred the mischievous snaps of squirrels mooning. Just a thought.

ppss sorry for the highjack, tis solid advice that! God bless Bob,
BRITAIN NEEDS YOUR TOTAL CO-OPERATION, amen, god bless, help the children etc

A Yerbury
11-07-2005, 10:58 PM
Richard, should I end up in a dismembered state you will be the first to know, please inform the saw bones of my extensive allergy list, unique blood type and aversion to women with thick ankles.
Thanks.
ps.make sure they crank up the Isoflurane, my tolerance levels being what they are.

pps.Just kidding everyone, this is a cracking idea!!

steviej
18-07-2005, 04:33 PM
I've just recieved this e-mail off a friend of mine................

All,
You may have recieved an e-mail regarding placing emergency contact
numbers under 'ICE' in your mobile phone.
Please read below and pass to anyone I've missed:

Hello All,

You know the email thats gone round saying put ICE then a contact
number in case of emergency? Well don't do it 'cos....although the
intention is great it is unfortunately phase one of a phone based virus
that is laying a path for propagating very quickly. Passing it on is part
of the virus interestingly, such is the deviousness of the people who write
these things.

We have already seen the "second phase" where a program is sent as
part of a ring-tone download that goes into your address book and looks
for something it recognises - you've guessed it, an address book entry
marked "ICE or I.C.E." or whatever. It then sends itself to the "ICE
list", charging you for the privilege.

MMMmmm.................... :eek: :eek: :eek:

Chappers
19-07-2005, 10:39 AM
I put ICE in my phone today and it dont work any more :eek:

This website was sent to everyone in our company from the MD of the company :eek:

So we all stuck it in our phones but then when ICE1 rings you their name no longer shows on your phone because you have saved the same number to 2 names and it can't identify which name to use.

Spoke to our IT virus bods and they say that it's genuine and isn't a scam or virus - what do you lot reckon? :confused:

I've deleted from my phone just in case.

SAMMYE
19-07-2005, 10:48 AM
As long as you have your Mum, Dad or wife etc etc in there surely that shoulf suffice.

As nothing official has been issued about it I would ignore it! Like these e-mails I keep getting:

A friend of mine who works for the police told me to avoid Bluewater and all tubes blah bollocks blah!

Julie
19-07-2005, 11:32 AM
I agree - Its just adding Drama to the situation.
Any muppet can work out from a mobile phone address book who is related to the person in question.

nik_the_brief
20-07-2005, 02:26 PM
I agree - Its just adding Drama to the situation.
Any muppet can work out from a mobile phone address book who is related to the person in question.

Not quite, I want my missus to be contacted if owt goes wrong with me, no-one else.

She's in my mobile under under her name - Anto (as in Antoinette) rather than as 'wife'. All in all I think the ICE thing can do no harm and if it makes things a little simpler communication-wise for the emergency services what's the damage?

paul620sie
20-07-2005, 02:38 PM
I just added "ICE" after the names of the people I want to be contacted (jon smith ICE).

SAMMYE
20-07-2005, 02:47 PM
Just heard from a reliable source i.e. a guy who regularly goes to meets on another bike site who works for a major operator says that:

"The ICE it's genuine.

National 'ICE' awareness campaign - 'In Case of Emergency'

Since the tragic events in London on 7 July, the UK media has renewed its interest in the National 'ICE' awareness campaign.
However, there have been emails circulating stating that the National 'ICE' awareness campaign is a hoax/scam. Please be advised that it is not a hoax and is a genuine campaign to urge people to store next of kin details in their mobile phones."