PDA

View Full Version : exoskeleton

CraigW
11-07-2005, 03:22 PM
anyone know who makes the exoskeleton you can wear & then wear a lighter jacket?

also, are they any good do you think ?

slob
11-07-2005, 04:33 PM
I think I saw a Dianese one the other day at Infinity M/Cs, fishnet(ooh err mrs) top with the same elbow shoulder and back armour that goes in their jackets, although I'm sure other ,manufacturers do the same sort of thing.

gary tompkins
11-07-2005, 07:42 PM
KNOX do a set too

JMo
11-07-2005, 08:20 PM
I have the Dainese 'multi-sport' jacket which I wear for motocross (the mesh is strong enough to wear it as a top without a shirt over - thus giving me an advantage against the fellas perhaps?!) - however, they are primarily designed for impact rather than abrasion protection - and while the armour sections on the elbow/forearm, shoulders, chest and back protector are plastic - the rest of your body would be vaulnerable if you slid down the road in one - at least on dirt the surface is loose and you slide more readily (and you also don't tend to be going as fast off-road of course)...

It would be better than nothing, but really leather is best for sliding down the road on your ar5e...

661 also make a nice one, but do stay clear of the cheaper nylon mesh types - they are only just good enough for motocross, but the fit is pretty poor in most cases...

xxx