PDA

View Full Version : Ebay scammer!

bigredduke
10-07-2005, 09:51 PM
I successfully bid and paid for a leather bike jacket on ebay for my wife for her occasional pillion endurances. Unfortunately, nearly a month later - no jacket. No responses to my emails, letters and complaints to ebay either. The phone number the seller listed is evidentally not hers!

Her name is alison evans, flat 2, 2 curzon road, CRAIG Y DON
LLANDUDNO, CONWY LL30 1TB. Her ebay user id is mermaid13777.

I know it's a long shot, but does anybody know this person or the area in which she lives? Any help gratefully received!

I am not happy! :mad:

Anyone else had bad ebay experiences? (this is my first)

claicerrig
10-07-2005, 10:16 PM
Yes i know the area its about 35 miles away from me

It`s also very posh and up market

Anything i can do to help?

bigredduke
10-07-2005, 10:31 PM
What would you suggest?

claicerrig
10-07-2005, 11:46 PM
No idea to be honest but i can try and do a drive by some time this week if i get a chance

That any good to you?

Didge
11-07-2005, 06:32 AM
What a bloody shame. Ebay is brilliant, and although I've not used it for a few years, I had a great time buying and selling.
The trouble is, although 99.9% of users are fine, there will always be lowlifes who spoil things like Ebay, by scamming and other means.
Sorry to hear about your problem mate, and I hope you get it sorted one way or another.

rich
11-07-2005, 07:48 AM
hi mate

sorry to here this, very upsetting

she has an 8 feedback score and has only been on a month !

SO ask the local member to go the 35 miles find the flat and say
I've come for me jacket :mad:

Then post through a note/s (pre made) in to all her neighbours .. :D

that will make her think !

hope it works out ok..rich

bigredduke
11-07-2005, 08:14 AM
No idea to be honest but i can try and do a drive by some time this week if i get a chance

That any good to you?

I like Rich's idea of turning up on her doorstep & asking for the jacket on my behalf! (we can sort out the details later) if you don't mind putting yourself out.

Bunny
11-07-2005, 09:11 AM
Shame that not all deals go smoothly, how did you pay ?
I've had people wait almost 2 weeks before sending stuff while they "waited for the cheque to clear"
All her other sales seem to have gone through OK, although the phone number not being hers is dodgy.
Hope it turns out alright. If not - any of the Gloucs Monsters fancy an ice cream on N Wales coast soon ? :)

Nonnie
11-07-2005, 09:18 AM
If you paid by paypal then you can get a percentage back of what you paid for the item but it won't be the full amount and it will take a long time.

I would send an email telling her someone you know would like to pick up the jacket say, this week, so when will she be free? See if you get a response or not?

If not, then you could send the boys round.....

Plum
11-07-2005, 10:32 AM

With a baseball bat!!

blueyes
11-07-2005, 11:16 AM
I too, was almost scammed. I sold my Honda CBF500 on EBay and I did have people bidding on it as the time came down. Then all of a sudden a bloke bid the asking price and won it. I was very happy but then when he did not answer my emails for a couple days I knew something was wrong. He finally sent me an email which obviously was a person who did not know very good English. He wanted to send me a cheque for £6000 (the bike was old for £3000) and I was to cash it and deposit the remaining three grand in to a bank account. Dodgy or what? I notified EBay and they were very good. He was blacklisted straight away but of course that meant I had to post the bike again. In the future I do not buy or accept anything from a buyer or seller with anything less than a 98% feedback and must have been a member for 8 months or so. My heart goes out to you mate.

nik_the_brief
11-07-2005, 01:32 PM
I too, was almost scammed. I sold my Honda CBF500 on EBay and I did have people bidding on it as the time came down. Then all of a sudden a bloke bid the asking price and won it. I was very happy but then when he did not answer my emails for a couple days I knew something was wrong. He finally sent me an email which obviously was a person who did not know very good English. He wanted to send me a cheque for £6000 (the bike was old for £3000) and I was to cash it and deposit the remaining three grand in to a bank account. Dodgy or what? I notified EBay and they were very good. He was blacklisted straight away but of course that meant I had to post the bike again. In the future I do not buy or accept anything from a buyer or seller with anything less than a 98% feedback and must have been a member for 8 months or so. My heart goes out to you mate.

An old eBay scam, glad you didn't fall for it.

On the upside it's usually very good, got myself a pair of slightly scuffed but otherwise immaculate SIDI vertebrae's this week for just over £30. They fit like a glove (okay, okay I really should try them on my feet). Was delighted.

As people have said though, eBay is only as good as the people you're dealing with.

claicerrig
11-07-2005, 10:29 PM
Nahh no problems at all :cool:

Its just about finding some time. :rolleyes:

Do as the others suggest and let her know some one will pop by to collect the jacket this week

Or do you want me to call by on the off chance ? :D

By the way i like the Idea of an Ice Cream run up here !!!!! its getting lonly being the only Monster in the VILLAGE :eek: :bunny:

Rogerg
12-07-2005, 05:30 AM
on a lighter note I notice that mermaid13777's first purchase was size 38c bra - so if you do every catch up with her the view should be pretty good - or is that why your so keen to help Claicerrig??

I'll get my coat

Lost Again
12-07-2005, 08:52 AM

This is definately the best option. A mate of mine from uni bought an ipod off ebay last year some time. After a good few weeks of no ipod followed by not answering calls or e-mail me mate decided to find him. Working part time in a mobile phone shop he was able to get the guy's address from his mobile number (a little naughty really) and discovered he was only a half hour drive away. My mate turned up on the door step with 2 lads from uni, one of whom is about 6'2" and 15 stone, the other one 6'6" and 18 stone. After telling the lad they would be occupying his front room until an ipod or cash was recieved they ended up frog marching (great phrase but where does it come from?) him to the nearest cash machine where he handed over a full refund plus a bit extra for petrol, inconvenience etc. Now wasn't that nice of him.

Jim66a
12-07-2005, 09:37 AM
Did you use your cedit card via paypal? Just wondering if there was any fraud protection offered by the card company. I see Capital One is making a big thing about it in their adverts ???
I had a quick look on 192.com and can only find a Flat1 at 2 Curzon road.
ROBERT A HORTON
FLAT 1
2 CURZON ROAD
LLANDUDNO GWYNEDD
LL301TB

HELEN M HORTON
FLAT 1
2 CURZON ROAD
LLANDUDNO GWYNEDD
LL301TB

HEATHER R WALKER
FLAT 1
2 CURZON ROAD
LLANDUDNO GWYNEDD
LL301TB

No phone numbers tho :(

bigredduke
12-07-2005, 10:19 AM
'fraid not, I paid by cheque, she did not accept paypal (I should have seen that coming!). Apparently you can claim part of your total payment from ebay subject to a 'fee' if a deal goes **** up.

The flat no is 2 by the way! - if you can get details that would be great!

Little Monster
18-07-2005, 09:54 PM
jim66a seems to be suggesting there is no flat 2........but that would be odd cos why have a flat one if there is no two methinks? plus if you paid by cheque you must have sent to that address?

i reckon go back to paying a visit.....

bigredduke
20-07-2005, 06:14 PM
All sorted now!!
after I emailed to say that some 'friends' would be calling 'round to collect the jacket it mysteriously appeared a couple of days later!
Either that or the letter threatening involving the small claims court if the jacket wasn't received within 10 days!

Many thanks to claicerrig for his offers of help in this matter. Much appreciated!

Jim66a
20-07-2005, 06:27 PM
Hi, Pleased to hear that you sorted things out

rich
20-07-2005, 07:02 PM
Hi there

Never give up !!

Well done Mate

rich

scrumpster
20-07-2005, 08:47 PM

That any good to you?

Are drive by's legal? Don't they involve some kind of weapon? Could get PD to ride by on Kylie, she may think she was under attack then, in fact could get quite a few under her window, that would scare the living daylights out of her!! :) Alas I to have been stung by ebay, I got the goods alright, but who ever sold earrings with no backs, and they definitely weren't new. I guess the health and safety side is not an issue when selling on Ebay?? Anyway, hope you get the jacket :)

Paranoid Dave
20-07-2005, 08:57 PM
i could wear my best goggles and come in for attack for a small fee :D